the Rift

Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING
Magic. A blessing and a curse all wrapped into one tight little package. Midas would have normally been a fan of such vibrant abilities, even to the point of admiration. But--right now, in this moment; magic had become the bane of his life. The exact moment it came, he could not tell—everything had been rather sudden. He hadn’t even seen the twin LUCIUS come upon them so quickly. Just as his body had decided to flee skyward—the life power of another came upon him. It swamped his soul and riddled body with weights that his wings couldn’t dream to hold. He didn’t strain against the power, and merely submitted.

A snarling gasp rose and a silent string of fruitful choice words followed forth, wings snapped shut to ride close to sweaty hide. Body angled toward dirt with forelimbs bending for hard impact. Amidst falling, weight shifted to his rear. Hidequarters bunched up as the centering part of his weight landed the bottom half of his body first before slamming the front half hatefully down. A small part of his mind registered the pain that only a knee shocking blow could absorb. No doubt. He was going to be sore by this time tomorrow.

Only when he was totally grounded and gasping for breath did the weighting power suddenly leave his frame just as quickly as it had come. Skull twisted up, yellowed teeth bared with renewed budding spite for the beasts that seemed to favor causing grief. Plus, to make matters worse, he hadn’t felt connection for a single attack upon LLOYD thrice he had attempted to cause damage, and thrice been denied. Despite the disheartening knowledge, such thoughts had to be pushed aside; he didn’t have time to dwell on what had passed on the battle field. Actions could only focus on what was to come.

LUCIUS came, charging forward like a rouge ram, following right beside LLOYD, who twisted to join. Mostly unscathed.

They shouldered hands taller than him; lucky he wasn’t as small as most. Undaunted by their unfair actions of two against one, he surged forward; totally unwilling to be tamed by such sinful beasts. Golden orbs ablaze with fueled anger, Midas aimed for LLOYD choosing not to target LUCIUS for first round of counter attack. The choice was rewarded with the ebony twin veering off to find other prey. Leaving him and LLOYD to dance steps as old as time.

Using smaller size to an advantage, Midas kept head low to protect neck as he slide up like a striking snake. Ears sliced along his skull, and wings tightened their hold across his side until they had formed a second skin of white. They met headfirst; he twisted to the side and reared up to connect teeth with the side of LLOYD’s skull. Weight set backwards to offer firm balance, he lunged only long enough to offer good chance at savage raking of teeth. Frame twisted round in a half stepping dance until his rear was semi pointed at LLOYD, kicking amidst twist he aimed sharp hooves in the general direction with hopes colliding with a large jaw or throat; knocking the air from his chest would also be nice.

Words: 538

Attack: Pissed that ALL his attacks missed LLOYD, so, he continues to target LLOYD even with another target coming for him. Midas landed on feet with wings tucked close to his body, targeted LLOYD amidst the charging and lunged forward at him with head lowered to the ground. Reared up to attack LLOYD’s head with skull slicing up, directly after lunging Midas fell into a twist and halfway met LLOYD with a kick of both hindlegs. Forelimbs bent to absorb the weight of his attack with only mild protest and discomfort.

Defense: Wings tightly tucked during gravity pull, body leaned back so frame landed upon the ground butt first to absorb shock. Skull lowered during first attack, teeth bared and ears slathered against skull. He is focused upon keeping firm balance upon limbs.

Wounds: Sore knees and limbs from landing roughly to the ground.
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Lucius - 09-27-2012, 08:46 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Jaydan - 09-27-2012, 05:45 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Aurelius - 09-28-2012, 06:05 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Lloyd - 09-28-2012, 10:13 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Monster - 09-29-2012, 09:05 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Midas - 09-29-2012, 11:01 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Ned - 09-29-2012, 02:59 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Korra - 09-29-2012, 04:31 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Giselle - 09-29-2012, 05:40 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Cineviam - 09-29-2012, 08:18 PM