the Rift

Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR]

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

The clamor of battle appeared to fade around him. It was as though a cover of wool had fallen before his ears, muffling each sound until they appeared muted and distant. Like the way a soft snowfall spreads peace and tranquility over a landscape, only the source of his dissociation wasn't nearly as pleasant. If the stallion had been able to retch, he probably would have. A nausea clawed at his throat, making him dizzy and cold as sweat beaded upon the gray coat. Every breath came in short bursts, pain stabbing through the leg and up the spine from even the slightest of movements.

It was a pain unlike nothing he had ever felt before, and the soldier had seen enough battles to know just how screwed he was in that moment. Not only in regards to the ongoing battle, but in the prospect of healing, of being able to survive the winter that swiftly closed in on them. How would he be able to move to keep his warmth, how was he going to rake snow away from the hidden grass? He wouldn't be able to defend against predators, crush the ice upon the creeks and ponds to get water, wouldn't move further south to find warmer pastures where the snow didn't lie as thick. No, he would be stranded there, in the misty forest at the edge of the world. No matter the outcome of the battle, he wouldn't be able to move anywhere. Was this truly going to be the end of him?

As if from a great distance, the coarse words of a AZZUEN penetrated his shocked daze. He was ordered to have Fajira assist with something, and without thinking about it he passed it on to the dragon. She protested, but he didn't acknowledge her attempts to remain by his side and protect him. He shooed her away, didn't even follow her through their minds eye to see the outcome of her assisting KIBA.

The white dragon cried in desperation as her bonded forced her to obey the order, concern flooding her entire being even as she turned around and headed back for the goat-like shape of AURELIUS. Her fire had already burned his rump, and she wouldn't waste precious energy on repeating the act - instead she joined forces with the young Brown, even though her presence wasn't strictly necessary.

Her small shape negated the erratic bursts of wind over the battlefield with deft elegance, pearly wings catching the light of the setting sun as she darted back and forth and blocked the path of the horned - her mind was distracted however, filled with pain and blurred by shock and confusion that reflected from Lace through the bond. She soon left the small group, leaving KIBA to handle the job that he was already doing so elegantly, and darted back towards the only one she truly cared about in this tangle of strangers. In the distance she could hear Akaith and the black-and-gold fight, and she recognized the draconian qualities of Vikram's voice - but they had no need for her aid, and so she was free to do as she pleased.

Fajira flapped the wings and pushed herself higher above the fighting shapes, blending into the thickening mist of evening as she worked her way back to Lace. Her pale eyes scoured the grounds for anything that appeared to be a threat, and narrowed as they focused on a pale four-legs with black dots sprawling over the hide. Her instincts told her that white was harmless, but the close proximity to her bonded along with the horn on the forehead overruled the desire to befriend anything of her own coloration.
Folding the wings to the lithe body the dragon dived down and cut through the air like a slender missile. Jaws opened, and from within a flaring blaze spilled out, controlled by the tongue and directed at the back of MAUJA as she passed over him from behind. The head moved from side to side in a zigzagging motion so that the flaming torrent was spread on a wider path - preventing the enemy from escaping her rage by moving to the side.

She passed over him in an elegant inverted arch, and once before the icy king Fajira allowed her flames to die out, spread the wings once more and worked her way up, out of reach for snapping teeth and spearing horns. She turned around in the air and began to head back, worry clawing at her insides at the prospect of anything happening to her other half. Their lives were connected, and should he die she would wilt away too - it wasn't allowed to happen. Sooner would she sacrifice herself so that he may live.

Word count: 798 Magic use: 2/2
Obeyed Azzuen and sent Fajira to help Kiba. She was distracted however and soon turned back towards Lace.
On the way back she flew over Mauja and breathed fire at him, then darted out of reach and returned to Lace.

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Lucius - 09-27-2012, 08:46 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Jaydan - 09-27-2012, 05:45 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Aurelius - 09-28-2012, 06:05 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Lloyd - 09-28-2012, 10:13 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Monster - 09-29-2012, 09:05 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Ned - 09-29-2012, 02:59 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Korra - 09-29-2012, 04:31 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Giselle - 09-29-2012, 05:40 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Lace - 09-29-2012, 06:32 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Cineviam - 09-29-2012, 08:18 PM