the Rift

[OPEN] let your eyes consume the beauty

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
As the ground passes steadily beneath their hooves, Tiamat is quick to fill the space between them with friendly chatter—conversation usually comes easily to her, especially in her excitement to return home and see the snowy mountains once again. (And besides, isn’t it nice to just talk sometimes?) But after a short while, silence falls comfortably between them, the blue mare in tune to the nature that is around them, pressing her muzzle every now and then gently to the bark of a tree.

Her head is lifted to her mother sky when she hears Ashamin’s low voice, one dainty ear flicking in his direction before her gaze follows, blue lids parting to reveal white eyes that settle on him with a warm intensity. Her lips purse softly at his observations, her brow knitting together in thought as she considers it. “In the most pleasant kind of strange, I suppose—like…like the kind of strange you get in your bones when you just have to dance! Tiamat giggles delightedly, flinging up snow as she skips forward a few strides, the shells in her hair chiming as she tosses her head playfully. “Do you know that feeling?” She asks Ashamin blissfully, standing for a moment to wait until he’s at her side again.

For a short moment the sound of their hooves crunching into the powdery snow, mingling with the billows of their breaths, are the only sounds through the wintry forest. Frostfall’s white blanket seems to muffle other noises that would normally resonate against the wood, tucking them beneath its icy comforter in wait for the coming of spring. It leaves them with a heavy sort of silence—like a held breath.

The ocean mare marvels at the beauty of it. While she thoroughly enjoys the liveliness and brilliance of spring, winter has her own magnificence—bitter, icy, and harsh, but it is a necessary process that the earth must go through in order to cleanse itself.

Her shoulders expanding, Tiamat inhales deeply. The frigid air stings in her lungs, but she is far too excited at the moment to be bothered much by the cold. When Ashamin reaches her side again, he voices another question—one that brings a joyous smile to her lips. “Well I hadn’t been in the herd long enough to accomplish anything great, but I was a healer-in-training,” the unicorn chuckles to herself, and her buoyant smile softens to one of pleasure, “I would love to pursue that teaching again. It would be wonderful to know that I can help others—really help them, you know?”

Her gaze wanders a little bit in her musings. The ocean mare fears—dreads—the day that she will not be able to save, to assist, to mend. The very thought shakes her to her core and tightens her chest, so she doesn’t allow herself to linger on such terrors for long. It is a happy and marvelous day! She needn’t burden it with anxieties that are surely inconsequential right now. Tiamat returns her attention to Ashamin, her pretty features relaxing when she looks into his black gaze—dark and endless. “What about you, my friend? What role do you seek in the Basin?” She smiles softly, curious to learn more of her newfound companion in this long-awaited journey.

tag;; @[Ashamin]
“Speech.”

img © Malene Thyssen
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Messages In This Thread
let your eyes consume the beauty - by Tiamat - 06-12-2015, 08:21 PM
RE: let your eyes consume the beauty - by Ashamin - 06-13-2015, 04:58 PM
RE: let your eyes consume the beauty - by Tiamat - 06-13-2015, 11:49 PM
RE: let your eyes consume the beauty - by Ashamin - 06-14-2015, 10:16 PM
RE: let your eyes consume the beauty - by Tiamat - 06-15-2015, 05:53 PM
RE: let your eyes consume the beauty - by Ashamin - 06-18-2015, 10:44 PM