the Rift

Signs of Change

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
Dearest parents,

It is a curious thing, your constant want to keep me within your gaze’s reach. I understand why you would want to, truly I do, for I am but small and fine, and it is easy for me to come in harm’s way – at least, this is what you keep telling me. What is harm, anyway? If I continued to stay by your side I would never find out. Surely the best way for me to learn what harm is, and how to stay out of its way, is to experience it, and gain some real motivation for staying out of its way? I love you, my dearest parents, truly I do, but I must live life in order to, well, live. Father, you always speak to me about your shenanigans that you got up to when you were but a colt no taller than I, why must I wait for your approval to go out and have an adventure? Surely you did not ask for permission every time you went gallivanting about your Cliffs? Mother, how old were you before you went a-wandering from your guardian’s side?

This is why I am not by your side, not right now, anyway. I am off, grunting against this oppressive heat, kicking my neat little heels up, leaving a trail of lifted dust behind me. I stretch my wings out, they are growing, and slowly getting stronger, I stretch and work them out every day like you tell me to father. If I run fast enough, sometimes the wind gathers beneath them and I can feel myself lift up! The first time it happened I was so surprised that I squealed, but then I started learning how to do it on purpose, and I think soon I will be able to fly with you! My coat is sky blue today, the same as it has been since the weather has been this boring hot climate! I feel no itching as the likeness of clouds wander across my coat, no foreboding emotions tell me a storm will cover the sky in a blanket of grey and wet. It is strange though, as I travel in this direction, (North, I think?) the temperature seems to drop. Not very much, everything is still so hot, but at least a little bit of relief washes over me.

Looking ahead I see a stallion, he is as black you are father, though he hosts no wings and no stripes to label him a warrior of your bloodline. How on earth could he be, with no wings anyway? He looks shiny, as if he has just been standing in a pool of water, though the water upon him look thicker, and really dark. My little body comes closer to him, and I tilt my tiara in an open display of curiosity. He seems to be looking up at something, so my eyes follow his, and widen in surprise. I am not too sure exactly what it is I see, but it does seem to have wings, so maybe it is a Pegasus of some kind? I snort a little bit, suddenly realising that the temperature under this particular tree was considerably cooler, cooler even than what I had observed before. So strange! Shaking my head slightly, I realise how silent I have been to these two, and I know that you always say I should introduce myself to new strangers, so a cherubic whinny leaves my maw and a smile bends my lips as in my sweet little innocent voice I practically sing.

“Hello! My name is Cirrus! It is very hot today isn’t it? But right here it is cool? Oh wow, that is a nice drawing sir! Could you do one of me?” I hadn’t quite learned the etiquettes of meeting and greeting and so I quickly tacked onto the end of my little speech; “What’s your names?”

I hope you aren’t mad at me, dear parents, maybe one day I will learn to follow your instructions a little better. Maybe.

Your loving daughter,
Cirrus.

as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
    Signs of Change - by Merakerr - 06-10-2012, 12:34 PM
    RE: Signs of Change - by Ink - 06-10-2012, 07:51 PM
    RE: Signs of Change - by Cirrus - 06-14-2012, 04:54 PM
    RE: Signs of Change - by Poppy - 06-14-2012, 06:26 PM
    RE: Signs of Change - by Merakerr - 06-16-2012, 05:33 PM
    RE: Signs of Change - by Ink - 06-16-2012, 10:19 PM
    RE: Signs of Change - by Cirrus - 06-18-2012, 09:51 PM