the Rift

Signs of Change

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
Dearest Parents,

I told that you I would be okay by myself, didn’t I? I am hardly by myself anyway, look, another horse comes this way! She’s a bit daft by the looks of it though, mother, she looks a little lost and confused. Maybe I could help her? Her coat seems to be moving, mother, just like mine! Only, not exactly like more. Where mine draws its images from the skies above, this one seems to take on a more earthly approach, which is fitting I suppose, given I am meant for the skies and she is meant to wander the earth. A strange sound comes from above, the creature in the tree is making a strange sound! I don’t even know how to describe it, father, it seems to be like a vibrating hum, it’s very strange indeed – why didn’t you tell me we lived in such a strange world? You see, this is just another reason why I had to go on an adventure.

The stallion beside me seems a bit shy too, and I remember you telling me that shy folk are only in need of a kind, accepting smile to feel better. So I smile at him, warmly and hopefully welcomingly, before flicking my eyes back up the winged creature in the tree. She mentions magic, and I get so excited that my wings almost burst from my sides. Had I been capable of it, I would have flown up and sat by her side in the tree, but I was still too little and challenged in the co-ordination compartment. “That’s very cool magic!” I say loudly, wanting to make my point clear. I was ignorant to the joke I may have just made, and continued talking. “My parents say I have magic too, though it’s not like their magics. My coat draws its colours from the sky, though it’s been very boring lately, nothing but blue!”

I laugh, innocently, not really knowing why I was laughing. The curious mare seems to be worried about something, I’m not sure what, for I could detect no danger. Granted, I didn’t really know what danger was, but by my judgement, none was present anyway. I looked back at the stallion, stepping closer to him, watching with interest as he draws my likeness, not even caring that it fell into the loam almost as swiftly as it was drawn. I was ecstatic, mother, why would you lock me away when there was such interesting creatures to meet out here? No matter, maybe I shall have to convince them to come back to the Throat with me, just so that I can prove to you they are nice, and interesting, and especially to prove that I can definitely go out exploring by myself without coming across harm’s path. Whoever ‘harm’ was, anyway.

He draws again, the shape of the creature in the tree taking form once more, and I look on, encouraging him with my rapt attention. I hadn’t noticed that he hadn’t spoken a word until then, mother, maybe he really is just very shy? No matter, I will take your advice, and show him the kindness he needs to be less shy. I only wanted a friend, after all. The grey mare seems to be oddly quiet too – I think you are right father, when you observed that I do not like to keep the silence – I couldn’t help but address her directly, willing her to speak more than an odd comment about the tree. “What’s your name? I’m Cirrus! You have very pretty patterns on your coat, we are pretty similar when you think about it, don’t you think?” My speech was still a bit of a jumble of words, but I am sure they are all smart enough to understand me.

Loving parents, I cannot wait to tell you about my new discoveries. Maybe they will follow me home, and I can prove to you that my independence is something you should be celebrating. Maybe not.

Your innocent child,
Cirrus.

as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
    Signs of Change - by Merakerr - 06-10-2012, 12:34 PM
    RE: Signs of Change - by Ink - 06-10-2012, 07:51 PM
    RE: Signs of Change - by Cirrus - 06-14-2012, 04:54 PM
    RE: Signs of Change - by Poppy - 06-14-2012, 06:26 PM
    RE: Signs of Change - by Merakerr - 06-16-2012, 05:33 PM
    RE: Signs of Change - by Ink - 06-16-2012, 10:19 PM
    RE: Signs of Change - by Cirrus - 06-18-2012, 09:51 PM