The Direct Route

If I am your misunderstanding then
let you be my misguided love
you and you, and all us three
together we'll make confusion
together we'll find a way home.

ASHAMIN
BEAUTY IS PERCEPTION

None of it, not a damned word, made any sense at all.

Ashamin had understood and taken comfort in Tiamat's willing kindness. He had recognized the reassurance in her look, he had appreciated her asking the stranger the question he could not. He wasn't sure he could ask anything of that star-painted creature, the one whom he understood so poorly. And of course, their new stallion company did nothing to clarify the matter.

The stranger, this Atlas as he now revealed himself to be, was bolder than Ashamin had even expected. And he was wrong, too. Was he courting Tiamat? This stallion could not have been more ridiculous. Ashamin wasn't even quite sure what courting was, wasn't even quite sure where this stallion had gotten such an impression, an impression that they were lovers, but he knew it couldn't be true.

He'd never had a lover before but he had a feeling that whatever he felt for Tiamat was just friendship, and nothing more. Then again, he'd also thought they were heading North. For a youth so wise, so well-versed in the archaic tomes of death, perhaps he knew little of what it was like to be alive as anything other than a child. For once in his life, he had some semblance of being in charge. He could feel it in the way Tiamat waited for him to make the move to invite Atlas North; he could feel it in the warmth of the egg at his chest; he could feel it in the way that Atlas had assumed Ashamin had some sort of claim over Tiamat, wrong as the starry one was; and he could feel it in that same stranger's question, even as he asked to join them.

There was a lot to think on and a lot, too, to say. Ashamin began by shaking his head and staring Atlas down. "No, I'm not sure I do know what you mean..." Ashamin said, frank, confused, mildly concerned, and willing to admit a lack of knowledge given that he had a feeling no one knew what the starry one meant. He wasn't entirely sure why he did that last bit, though--that staring. Was it out of annoyance at Atlas or an inability to look Tiamat in the eyes after his remark? Why did he feel hot with embarrassment? "Tiamat is a new friend. She is my company North and homeward--you, too, are welcome to the same, Atlas," Ashamin said with a smile that was a poorly concealed attempt to mask his confusion at the situation.

How had he even gotten here, in these woods, on this dark and cold night? And how had he gotten here with such a curious crew about to be in tow and following him home?

[[Tiamat, Atlas]]
Beauty is Perception by FoxyFireWings
Table by Jen, with help from Avis

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
WHO WE ARE - by Atlas - 06-13-2015, 01:09 AM
RE: WHO WE ARE - by Ashamin - 06-13-2015, 07:39 PM
RE: WHO WE ARE - by Tiamat - 06-14-2015, 04:37 AM
RE: WHO WE ARE - by Atlas - 06-14-2015, 04:11 PM
RE: WHO WE ARE - by Ashamin - 06-16-2015, 11:00 PM
RE: WHO WE ARE - by Tiamat - 06-17-2015, 07:34 PM
RE: WHO WE ARE - by Atlas - 06-21-2015, 09:13 PM
RE: WHO WE ARE - by Ashamin - 06-24-2015, 10:41 PM
RE: WHO WE ARE - by Tiamat - 07-03-2015, 04:11 AM
RE: WHO WE ARE - by Atlas - 07-10-2015, 10:10 PM