the Rift

[OPEN] Curiosity killed the cat

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit

Hotaru

The winds that swept calmly through the Basin up from the narrow path were hers to command. A mere whim and she could damn well force the little bird to her knees, cripple her wings. It was something she withheld the desire to do, far more interested in the event itself. She was quiet as she stood far beyond sight, Alice her eyes and ears for this little spectacle. Every word and sight was a nuance she was privy to even from a great distance, their bond strong and thrumming with life. Alice's snowy coat was easy to blend into the atmosphere, her deep purple portions covered up as she lay belly down in the drifts, paying careful attention to the intruder and the two faithful souls who had appeared to intercept her. Oh, but Hotaru was not nearly so nice, and as it became more and more apparent that her two kin needed assistance, the Lady turned and began her march towards the borders. Announce yourself Alice. Obediently the hellhound stood from the snow drift and loped towards the other two, smoke billowing off her skin and eyes hell-black as they regarded the lofty bird. 

Teeth flashed white in warning, fur bristling slowly higher, her royal features emphasized as tar black nails dug into the earth. Should the pegasus descend any lower, tempt her fate any further, Alice would descend before Hotaru even showed her face. The winds began to bend to Hotaru's will, gaining momentum as she primly descended the slope towards her people, eyes sharp and posture proud even as her hair began to billow in a beautiful golden halo around her. These were her borders, and she'd defend them, even if it meant tangling the feathered brat into a hurricane of her own creation. 

She let the winds buffet and shriek through the canyon at her whim, sliding into place between Ashamin and Ki'irha, tiara high and regal as she regarded the darkly colored lass. "Someone your age should not whine," she noted primly, projecting her voice over the winds as Alice moved to her side, still as ferocious and intent as prior to her announcement of herself. "It's distasteful." The winds cut into nothingness all at once, magic summoned back into her body and leaving the docile currents that had been there originally. A display of power, of threat and promise, nothing more. For now. Hotaru knew her cards and how to play them.

"Land if you wish to speak, I'll not crane my head to play these foolish games. I am Lady of the Basin, so if you have anyone you wish to entreat, it will be me. So I suggest you converse with me on equal ground or you will be turned away immediately." Or I'll make you. 

Oh, her boys may be the big bad wolves of the Basin in appearance, but Hotaru was not without her own devilry. 

Thought I'd bump this! 

Image Credit
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
Curiosity killed the cat - by Shadow - 06-14-2015, 09:16 AM
RE: Curiosity killed the cat - by Ki'irha - 06-14-2015, 12:23 PM
RE: Curiosity killed the cat - by Ashamin - 06-16-2015, 11:47 PM
RE: Curiosity killed the cat - by Shadow - 06-17-2015, 09:57 AM
RE: Curiosity killed the cat - by Ki'irha - 06-17-2015, 07:17 PM
RE: Curiosity killed the cat - by Ashamin - 06-20-2015, 09:22 AM
RE: Curiosity killed the cat - by Blu - 08-10-2015, 10:45 PM
RE: Curiosity killed the cat - by Shadow - 08-11-2015, 05:38 PM
RE: Curiosity killed the cat - by Hotaru - 08-17-2015, 01:22 PM
RE: Curiosity killed the cat - by Ashamin - 08-18-2015, 11:39 AM