the Rift

A New Life

Lark Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
She moved like silk, her brilliant white a stark contrast against the green as she glided through the forest. She made great efforts to conceal her presence, stepping as lightly as possible. Having been on her own her whole life, she trusted few but the winds whistling through the trees. Not being built like the great titans, she knew to hide or suffer the consequences. Those who managed to catch a glimpse of the femme were never sure if she was just a figment of their imagination. However, she was tired of that life. What was it like to be with others of her kind?

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona

The familiar copse of the Threshold passed along as the Pegasus scouted. He often wandered around aimlessly, though patrolling sounded much better. The dying foliage here often hid new souls, lost and usually looking for a place to call home. Smiling gently, the palomino thought of the equine mare he'd recently guided back to the Throat. So many sweet girls seemed to find him, or he them, yet he could not will himself to forget about Faelene. Bronze eyes stared coldly up at the sky through holes in the tree cover. Why did the Gods feel the need to torture him? Why did he have to feel this way about her, and not someone from his own herd? Maybe love was only great if you had to go through extreme hardships in order to find it.

As the charger's eyes fell back down to earth, they caught a pale sight in the wood. A mare, scents told. A weary sigh slipped from his sooty maw, and with that he approached the femme. "Hello miss. How are you this fine day?" Rich, ever deep tones greeted. Feathered pillars moved him gently closer to the fae before stopping, leaving a good deal of space between them. He was constantly aware that his bulky, tall presence could intimidate the nervous or wary. Curiousity filled his head, a welcome relief from thoughts of love. Where did this lone girl come from? His warm gaze drifted over the ivory mare, waiting and wondering.

[ooc: Hello! You should try to fill out Lark's profile a bit more, so that Leander knows a bit more about what she looks like. ;) ]

Unregistered
Lost in her thoughts, weaving her way through the foliage, she wasn’t sure what she was here for. Part of her wanted someone to cross her path, another not so much. What would it be like to be around others of her own kind? Of a different kind? Her thoughts lulled her into a complacent walk, dished face swinging back and forth, low to the ground. She had no expectations on this journey. If she didn’t find a place here, she would keep travelling. Her life had been a repetition of close encounters with equines like herself, but the youngster had never had the courage to approach. This season it was different. Coming into her prime, she felt an unexplained pull to this area.

“Hello miss. How are you this fine day?”
She was startled out of her trance. She wheeled, obsidian eyes wide, unprepared for the sight before them. She had seen the horses with wings before, soaring, but never in person. She stared, in shock, at the huge titan. The horses with wings weren’t just a figment of her imagination? She stamped her right back hoof in frustration at herself. How had she let her guard down?

After a few seconds she finally replied, voice twinkling out. “I am…unsure right now. I’m afraid you have caught me off guard. Who are you? Are you real?” The femme felt ignorant asking these questions, but her travels had left her lacking in proper interaction skills. She had always thought she was dreaming of the winged horses.

[ ooc: Working on it, slowly but surely! My phone hates the site, and I'm not always on my laptop :) ]

Hidden Account
Epona

Being looked at by eyes who'd never seen pegasi before was becoming quite normal for the stallion. He watched as the pale girl stared at his gilded frame. The last mare he'd met here in the Threshold, Wuthering, had acted in similar surprise at the sight of him. Though, this doe seemed even more startled. Were there really that many equines out there that had never seen a pegasus before? Even Faelene, who had good reason to fear his kind, was not this on edge when she met him. His gold chest tightened at the though of the onyx dove. The palomino let his form drop submissively, in hopes of giving off some reassurance.

"There's no need to be frightened. I don't mean you any harm, miss." Friendly words rang out, striving to calm the stranger. "I am Leander, a Warrior of the Dragon's Throat." The fae's next words left him a bit befuddled. Was the poor thing really so shocked that she thought she might be dreaming? A playful smile found his lips under ivory ringed pools. "I'm not that handsome, am I?" A deep chuckle rumbled into life. The remark was light-hearted and made in jest, of course, for he had never been one to be too concerned with his appearance. Anything to brighten the jumpy girl's demeanor. Softening back to a warm grin, he continued on with more seriousness. "I am indeed real. I patrol these woods often and frequently run into lost or lonely travelers." Sooty limbs shifted as he spoke, mahogany wings ruffling as they laid more comfortable against his sides. He silently wondered if the mare would be interested in a home. The Throat welcomed all, and he himself felt a strong sense of accomplishment when he could offer a haven for those who needed it. "If you are looking for a home, protection, or companionship, the Dragon's Throat would welcome you." He doubted the lone damsel would want to accept his offer when she was so nervous, but he would offer his aid to her none the less. He was used to being on his own, but he could imagine the fear the girl must have felt, being alone out in this skeletal forest. Leander's sympathetic gaze lingered on her white form. Maybe she could use his help after all.

Unregistered
Watching the Pegasus process her questions amused her, and a small giggle escaped from her velvet kissers. "A giggle? Seriously, Lark. Get it together." she thought to herself. "You're acting like a two year-old. Grow up." She took a step forward from under the branches that enclosed the rest of her form. She took pride in her appearance even with her lack of interactions with others and shook her head furiously to rid her wispy mane of unwanted dead leaves.

"Warrior? What exactly does that entail?"

She ducked her head as she blushed at the next comment. She wasn't sure what she thought of the winged one in front of her, to be frank. Stallions who tried to follow her trail only wanted her for her appearance, she was convinced. This was unacceptable in her opinion, and she vowed to never base one's opinion solely on looks, no matter how...tall....strong...golden....beautiful....the titan in front of her may be.

She opted to wait to reply to the last question. Instead, she had one of her own.

Why would The Dragon's Throat want me?" Unsureness clouded her eyes. Was this all a ruse created by the great Pegasus in front of her to bring her out of hiding?

Hidden Account
Epona

Why did he seem to find himself with so many perfectly nice damsels when his mind still wouldn't let go of another? Fighting the urge to frown at the thought, the tawny brute kept his eyes on the stranger. His playful comment seemed to take away at least some of her nervousness, while it might have made her a bit bashful. Hopefully his imposing joyous appearance wouldn't be too much for the girl. His smile faded as he took in her words.

"Being a Warrior entails many things. Such as defending borders, patrolling, and fighting to protect the herd and it's members when needed." Patiently, he did his best to explain the title description. "There are also many other ranks available, if you are interested, though. The positions of Medic, Artisan's Apprentice, and Scholar are all open, and there is always opportunity to rise higher in the ranks." Hopefully something would catch the mare's interest. He tried to do the Throat well by bringing home new members, but he knew that some wanderers would never want to settle down. One feathered hoof cocked in rest as he waited for her response. Bronze eyes brightened at the femme's next question. "The Throat accepts all kinds, and there is always room and desire for another member. We also have many important positions which need to be filled, as I mentioned, though many in the herd reside only as citizens. There are also a few other herds in the area that would be glad to welcome you as well." White rimmed pools gleamed hopefully as he spoke. The blond stag would give the girl all the answers he could, and maybe she would choose to return to the sands of the Throat with him.

Unregistered
Her dished head lowered as she took all of the information in. She was curious about these 'positions.' This whole idea of a herd hierarchy was fascinating, and the titan's enthusiasm for the herd was infectious. Wait. A herd involved many horses. Her thoughts spinning, she couldn't help but to ask, "How many are there in the herd? One lone stallion she could learn to handle, but could she handle a full herd?

She thought back to her one experience with a herd, and shuddered. That memory, forever etched in her mind was one that would drive any weaker-minded horse insane. Always one for an escape route, she added, "I there any way I could..." she paused...."visit and decide?"

Hidden Account
Epona

The white girl before him seemed to be overwhelmed with all the information he'd given her. Hadn't she ever been part of a herd before? Surely she knew the routine, the ranks, the life. Or had she just been a loner all her years? Intrigued, the sandy brute patiently took her questions. "I'm not sure exactly how many are in the Throat. It is not a small group, by any means. But if you prefer solitude, you can always find reaches of the Throat to be alone in." He spoke, answering as best he could. He'd certainly not met everyone in the Throat yet, but he'd seen many from a far and knew that his herd was not small. Curiously, white ringed eyes caught the girl suddenly shiver. Strange, though icy chill of Frostfall was undoubtedly making it's way through the land. Above the barren treetops, snow was beginning to spin down to the earth. I'd best get out of here before it really starts coming down. Wings shifted restlessly on his back, ready to get back within the Throat's borders. "You can certainly come visit the Throat. I will introduce you to Kri, my leader, or one of the other higher ups." A smile hung on his lips again. He wasn't too fond of the law which required non-pegasi to meet with a higher rank before being accepted. He'd have to speak with Kri about that, maybe a better system could be put in place. The palomino turned towards the direction of his home before glancing back at the pretty doe. "If you'd like, we can head over to the Throat now. We'd best get moving before this weather turns ugly."

[ooc: If you'd like to make a thread in the Dragon's Throat, I'll add Leander into it. ^^ Also, I think Lark's profile now says stallion. xD]