the Rift

[OPEN] saving grace [patrol return]

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Ranjiri;
IF THERE'S ONE THING I'VE LEARNED IN LIFE ITS TO FIGHT. FIGHT FOR WHAT'S RIGHT. FIGHT FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN, WHAT'S IMPORTANT TO YOU. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, FIGHT FOR THE ONES YOU LOVE, AND NEVER FORGET TO TELL THEM HOW MUCH THEY MEAN TO YOU WHILE THEY'RE STILL ALIVE.

No matter how fast I flew I could not leave behind the anger that the golden stallion had stirred in me. I still could not believe that he would ask me why I was so quick and harsh to judge. Wasn't it my right to judge based on the actions of his herd? Was I wrong to trust Gaucho's reaction to him in the Basin? And was it wrong for me to trust my instinct when that instinct told me to be wary? I snorted as the Throat came into sight and I began my descent. Had it been anyone else there at the Heart I wouldn't have been so worried about telling Gaucho, but I knew that he hadn't liked him. Or ... at least I suspected as much. So I felt like I had to tell him. He needed to be aware.

My hooves touched the sand and I trotted forward several yards before I finally stopped and tucked my wings against my sides. "Gaucho!" I called for my Sultan and waited and wondered what he would say about Thranduil being at the Heart. I wondered if I would be in trouble for leaving so soon instead of waiting for my partners... or if they even bothered to show up after I'd left... I guess I needed to tell him that I'd been there alone, too. And I wondered if I was doing the right thing by telling him when I didn't even know what his intentions were. I sighed and looked up toward the sky, thinking that maybe Gaucho would be flying overhead.

"."

@[Gaucho]

Credits

aud pixel!
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

And indeed he was flying over head.

It was not yet Gaucho's turn to patrol, but even so he glided restlessly around the Throat. The Sultan was never one for lounging around on his off-hours. Typically he always found something to do, watch, or attend to. Today was no different. Although his wings burned with fire, flying was just as difficult during this season as it was for anyone else. His large blackened wings beat harder and faster than normal to keep his large body in the sky. His muscles responded to this extra strain by whining in his mind, but he ignored them. Pain was only a reminder that he needed to work harder.

Gaucho!

Turning his steely gaze downward he spied Ranjiri, and her presence made him smile. Was she going to rise up in the air and ask for another spar? Hadn't her last lesson been enough? The thought only broadened his grin as he swooped lower so that she could hear his gentle teasing: "Spar again? Already?" He jested lightly. Lowering himself down even further, he rather elegantly landed before her. For such a large creature he handled his mass incredibly well, hardly disturbing the bloody sands upon which they stood.

Folding his burning wings against his flanks, he strode forward, large stormy-gaze fixed gently upon her. His flanks heaved slightly as his breath continued to leave his body in warm spurts through his nose, creating small white puffs of fog. In his antlers Mara hissed a warm hello, while Vorsa trilled brightly as her vibrantly-red body exploded into happy flames.

GAUCHO
the wildfire
Image by perfectperfection!
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Ranjiri;
IF THERE'S ONE THING I'VE LEARNED IN LIFE ITS TO FIGHT. FIGHT FOR WHAT'S RIGHT. FIGHT FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN, WHAT'S IMPORTANT TO YOU. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, FIGHT FOR THE ONES YOU LOVE, AND NEVER FORGET TO TELL THEM HOW MUCH THEY MEAN TO YOU WHILE THEY'RE STILL ALIVE.

It didn't take me long to spot Gaucho flying above me, the flames on his wings always gave him away. I really hoped that he would pick up on the fact that I needed to speak with him about something important and would land, because I didn't really feel like trying to fly and talk at the same time. The rushing wind past my ears as I flew often made it difficult for me to hear and understand what anyone said. He swooped lower and I could hear him ask about a spar and I shook my head. "Not today, but in a few days, maybe..." I thought about how sore I had been after my spar with Gaucho, how my skinned knees had stung everytime they bent when I walked. It wasn't a good feeling, but I still wanted to spar with him again.

I waited as he landed and I still marveled at how graceful he was when he landed. I still had moments when I tripped and fell all over myself when my hooves touched the ground, most recently being when I was trying to get to Roskuld. "I just finished my patrol at the Heart." I said when Gaucho came to stand before me. "Alone. My partners didn't show up, but I did run into Thranduil... the golden unicorn from the Basin." I reminded just in case Gaucho didn't know him by name. "I don't know why he was there, I left because I was uncomfortable.." And I really hadn't wanted to be there alone in the first place. "But I thought I should tell you that he was there.."

I felt rather silly not having much information for Gaucho and even though I didn't want to go back I still offered. "I can go back... if you want me to."

"."

@[Gaucho]

Credits

aud pixel!
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho grunted in response to her proposed later-spar. He would happily train her again, and again and again and again. And as many times after that as she wanted. Though he very much doubted Ranjiri would require that much of his attention; she was a fast learner.

As she began by saying her patrol had ended, Gaucho wondered why it was she was telling him. After all, Ampere normally handled all debriefs, and -- His thoughts were abruptly cut off as she continued.

Thranduil. Had that name not followed, he might have grumbled about her partners having failed to show up. In the back of his mind he recorded this information and vowed to speak with Meg or Ampere about it. But for now, the golden's presence at the Heart and in Ranjiri's report took center stage.

Gaucho waited for Jiji to mentioned something odd Thranduil did, something suspicious or noteworthy. That he made her uncomfortable was no surprise - especially not after their last meeting in the Basin. But nothing in her report suggested that he had done anything - certainly not anything to warrant her calling him down from the skies as she had. What wasn't she telling him?

"Why uncomfortable? Why he talk to Jiji at all?" Gaucho asked with genuine concern and interest. Thranduil knew better than to bother his flock - or at least he should by now. Especially with things on un-resolved terms between the Throat and the Basin, keeping a distance until some sort of truce or allegiance could be struck was best for all parties. Gaucho's tail flicked with annoyance as he tried to consider what possible motives the Golden could possibly have for interrupting Ranjiri's patrol.

GAUCHO
the wildfire

Ranjiri;

"Why uncomfortable? Why he talk to Jiji at all?"

I was quiet as Gaucho asked his questions and I knew that the main reason I was uncomfortable was because of the way Gaucho had reacted to the golden stallion in the Basin. And... I was angry about what they had done to my dad. I blamed them for his death and all of it combining together made me want to explode. "You don't trust him." I finally blurted out. "The way you acted in the Basin when he was there..." I frowned, I stared down at my hooves, and I wondered if Gaucho's opinion had affected my own unfairly.

"He said that he was glad to find me in better spirits." I pressed on. "And that you seemed to comfort me... and that he was in a rough state." I finally lifted my gaze up to meet Gaucho's. "I took it that he was curious about my relationship with you .. or just that he was curious about you... I thought maybe he was trying to get information out of me." But I could be wrong. I bit my tongue. "I... I didn't want to let him know anything about your importance to me so I told him that you seemed to not like him." Which was probably wrong, but it was my own observation that I had drawn that statement off of.

"He asked why I was harsh and quick to judge and said that he never did anything to you. Is that true?" I was curious because I figured that if Gaucho didn't like him it had to be for a reason. "What did he do to you?" I was getting off track with my silly report and I frowned to myself. "He told me that I wounded him first by startling him with my arrival. He had his companion hidden away in the caves and I accused him of using it to scare me when he finally called it out. Then he asked if I was satisfied that the shadows were revealed or if I would let my imagination continue to run wild."

I sighed, satisfied that I had reported everything that I could. "I found the whole thing to be very strange... but I might have let my own personal issues cloud my judgement." I admitted. "But ... I still thought I should tell you that he was nearby."

"."

@[Gaucho]

Credits

aud pixel!
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho nodded gently at Ranjiri's opening remarks. It was true, Gaucho didn't trust the Golden. Perhaps it was simply all bad timing, or perhaps the Sultan was making more of coincidence and happenstance than he ought ... yet his instincts had never steered him wrong before. If his body found reason to mistrust the quick-witted unicorn, why should his mind disobey?

Quietly Gaucho listened. Although nothing that Ranjiri said would have been odd coming from anyone else, he well knew the discomfort that accompanied meetings with Thranduil. Everything had an answer, every misstep a justification. That he even asked Ranjiri about Gaucho set the dun on edge - her assumptions were likely quite correct - he probably was just trying to get information. But of what? And why? The Wildfire smiled knowing that Jiji had given him nothing to go off of - Thranduil already knew that Gaucho distrusted him.

Gaucho shook his head gently as the dark mare asked him what Thran had done ... at first he was tempted to tell her everything, but caught himself and silently encouraged her to finish. As she spoke, his mind shifted, confused. What ought he tell her? Their friendship seemed to suggest that she was worthy of the information, and yet ... yet as her Sultan, there were things he needed to keep from his herd. Such information was better suited for Ampere and Meg, not for one he still had to tell himself was no longer a child.

And yet ...

"It good you tell Gaucho." He said allowed as she concluded. "Life is clouded by personal issues -" he remarked with a smirk, extending his wing to her shoulder encouragingly. "-Jiji do right." Sighing, the Wildfire turned his stoic gaze to the clouds, exhaling softly. "Gaucho first find Thranduil after Wraith invasion ... Gaucho called away, and when return, have no memories....Thranduil say he helping Gaucho but ..." With a decided sternness his gaze lowered back to Jiji. "-he not help at all."

Unfolding his wings gently from his flanks, Gaucho gave the red-eyed mare another nod of approval. She had done well, regardless of what her personal feelings were in the matter. "Gaucho will tell warriors to be on look out ... wouldn't be first time Thranduil come into our borders uninvited."

With a last grunt, the Sultan took to the skies, his eyes keenly scanning the ground for any signs of intrusion.

GAUCHO
the wildfire