the Rift

Fool Me Once, Shame On You [Quest Return]

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Elsa,
Feel lucky for what you have, when you have it. Happily ever after doesn’t mean happy forever.

The entire atmosphere dropped to a cold temperature, her breath coming in frosty spurts as she stared at the rising tide. Waves picked up, and within moments the Earth God had appeared. Like she had expected, she gained the attention she needed- regardless of if it was in infamy. He was disappointed, and to her, that seemed to be the fiber of his being. The Falls were a failure under Midas, so he took that. Her love for Oxy wasn't enough, and he took that. Her children, lost, because he couldn't take a moment to give them the hand they needed. No wonder she could only move stone- that was what his heart was.

Although his words were true, and solid in judgement, that did not calm her. She spread her wings out in agitation, curving them slightly in a defensive stance. Elsa was not here to fight a God, but she sure as hell would not let him own her without a fight. So, in return, she gazed at his verdant eyes with her own, slicing blue ones. "For my benefit?" She began, utterly disgusted with the fact that he thought her to be so vain. Maybe she was, but her motives were not based on her experiences alone. "I did it for my family, which apparently meant nothing to you. I did it for the Falls family, my twins, and myself. But to you, maybe we were nothing more than a disappointment. Funny, as far as I knew Midas worshipped the ground you walked on and you just watched his entire life's work burn before your eyes." She shifted again, spreading her legs to hold her extended wings steady. Good thing she didn't know he was dead yet. So was her anger misplaced? Certainly, but there was no one else she could blame. No one else would listen to her problems, her anger, and her fear. There were much better ways of releasing it, but even she was not aware of how much she needed to let this all off of her chest. Elsa felt Edgar shift in discomfort upon her head, he wrapped himself up in the tightest ball possible, refusing to look at the God.

She paused for a moment then, still finding the words and feelings that were jumbled up in one big disaster. If anyone could look into her mind, they would see a room, and everything they needed. Yet, when they reached for the thing they needed, it would slip out of existence and appear elsewhere. She was always so close, but never close enough. "Why did you let them tear us apart?" Her voice was defeated now, tears pricking the corner of her eyes because she didn't know what else to do or say. "Why couldn't you even help afterward? Why was everyone thrown away like yesterday's trash?" Why were Shida and Auriel still missing? Why was Oxy suddenly wiped off the face of the planet? Why was everything she loved victim to the fact that she wasn't good enough? Her wings fell then, the tips of them hitting the damp, rocky ground with a thud. "Were we really that much of a failure?" Her eyes were glassy with pain and anguish, but she needed to hear it. She needed to know why they were forgotten, and left so utterly vulnerable. At this moment, she did not care if she walked away with nothing gained. She just needed to know why everything bad was happening to her. She was a girl living among ice, yet everything she touched burned to the ground.

"talk"
image credits
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fool Me Once, Shame On You [Quest Return] - by Elsa - 06-21-2015, 05:12 PM