the Rift

The Sun Has Gone [Bucephalus Challenge]

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds

essetia

Romul’s golden stare was lifted, ears tilted toward a figure unseen, and when he turned to regard me with hard and unyielding determination I knew that our destiny in the Throat was about to begin. Nervous tension warmed my blood and made my heart race, but I fought the need to pace or sway against the chilling breeze. Even before the Sleuth himself was revealed I prayed that our scuffle would be quick… I was smart enough to realize that I wouldn’t want to be caught without shelter when the sun was finally laid to rest. Some of the desert brush had already begun to resist the persistent draft, but even the barren flats of the Throat couldn’t escape the soft whistling of the winter wind.

What do you think they’ll look like? I questioned anxiously as Romul lifted his snout to scent a prevailing easterly wind. Not sure- no trace yet, he responded in kind. No longer did he appear to be the carefree pup who romped about in the Edge when I was young… Instead he had adopted an air of importance, perhaps one I’d stitched for him of my past mistakes. Yet, I’d never seen anything so beautiful as he.

When at last the subtle throbbing of hoof against sand coaxed me to turn away from darkening sky, I smiled at the stallion that approached. He was heavily decorated –from head to toe no less- and washed in gold. If I hadn’t known any better I’d have thought him an Egyptian prince, not a thief meant to blend in with the masses. As I watched him, shaking his crowned head and regarding me as no more than the ground he walked upon, I smiled anew. Respect -he spoke of the word as if it were a burden- didn’t appear to be something he was interested in, but I didn’t object or interrupt, preferring to listen quietly.

It wasn’t until the stallion suggested I give up on my endeavors to replace him that I could no longer maintain my nonchalance. I laughed, albeit softly, and nodded slightly at the notion as if I was interested in entertaining his offer. Essetia, Romul growled tersely against a particularly frigid breeze. Hold on, I thought inwardly while shifting to tip a back hoof against the dry, sandy topsoil. However, my genial demeanor didn’t seem to sit well with the Sleuth and before I could agree or disagree with his terms, he filled the silence again with all his noise. I chuckled again response.

Am I to presume you’ve established a temple of gold for your spies or perhaps just lifelong entitlement?” I smirked. “It’s a wonder you’ve lived this long with all your shiny trinkets,” I stated with a polished grin. “Otherwise, I think the answer to your question is fairly clear. I want your position, plain and simple.

Romul?, I prodded internally while shifting forward with a watchful stare. The wolf was quick to respond and circled me in order to position himself at my left shoulder. I lifted a front hoof in order to again test the dry turf beneath me and noted that if I wasn’t careful with my feet, the dusty flats would gladly unseat me. The Sleuth, who hadn’t introduced himself, had wings which meant that I’d have to choose my attacks wisely. All around us the plains stretched wide, only being interrupted by dried desert brush and the occasional cactus. At my back the ocean tide lapped against the shore and I imagined it to be my heartbeat, calm and rhythmic. Ready when you are, Romul assured with a wolfish smile.

I bent my head low for a moment, praying to Midas, to the Gods, and to my mother for the strength to prove myself worthy of what I was about to do. I was scared, that much was sure, but I was ready. Finally, when we could no longer allow ourselves a moment to back down, we charged.

Everything felt like pure chaos after that. Romul and I were one as we raced toward the Sleuth, both aiming to arrive on opposite sides of him. I was fearful that if one of us was ahead of the other then it would give the Sleuth time to react. The white wolf was snarling and hunched low as he neared what was hopefully the stallion’s right side, his teeth aimed for the front, right knee. I on the other hand had a different target and raced toward the Sleuth’s left side hoping to lock my own teeth around the base of his left wing where it was attached to the shoulder. I could only trust in the Gods that they would see me through the fight and that the stallion would remain close enough for attack.

Attack: 1/4
Defense: 0/4
Word Count: 800
Summary: Both Essetia and Romul charge @[Bucephalus] with Romul attacking the right and Essetia attacking the left. Romul aims to bite the right, front knee and Essetia aims to bite at the base of the left wing.

And I see war on the screen,
And it is cruel and unclean,
But I still worry more about you

◄ Please tag Essetia in all replies!
◄ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
◄ Pixel @ SongsOfInfinity

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Sun Has Gone [Challenge] - by Bucephalus - 06-16-2015, 11:49 AM
RE: The Sun Has Gone [Bucephalus Challenge] - by Essetia - 06-16-2015, 06:11 PM