the Rift

[PRIVATE] a town called desperation --

Destry Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 years HP: 63.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Yseult :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Wakiya Dark

The past few weeks had been purest serenity, my mind in a haze as I drifted over the landscape lazily, my thoughts carried away as I feel weightless. Inside of me grew a life I vowed to protect the young form, one Aurelia and I would raise together into a beautiful child. I watched the gentle colours dancing over the horizon, the water gently lapping at my feet. My skin grows numb against the freezing cold wind that combs through my hair, leaving it knotted against my thighs and neck as I turn away from the colourful sunset. My eyes shut gently, I begin to turn inwardly as I drown out the sound of rolling waves and the eager whistling of the Frostfall winds.

I recalled the moment of purest bliss, the caress of warm winds tenderly caressing my newly fertile being. I became a vessel, a carrier of the next generation. Yseult chirped happily in response to my giddy dance up the shore, hooves kicked out from beneath me as I skip and tousle through the sand with my mane carelessly fleeing in the wind. I felt alive, oddly enough. The stress was lifted from my being momentarily, and despite the feeling of it lingering above my shoulders, prepared to come slamming back down at any moment, I chose to ignore and obliviously ran rampant through the bitter Frostfall air.

I unfurl my wings, letting them stretch and extend as I bounce from the earth and glide a short distance before colliding with frigid wet sand once again. My bout of sprinting leaves me taking in deep breathes, nostrils flaring as sweat dribbles down my neck and into the eager white grains below. The carelessness is stripped away as my mind wanders to the precious new life I carry, the small gem that was to be the dawn of a new generation. The worry appeared when I realized Aurelia was outcast, the Throat name no longer worn by her. My heart sank at the thought that she wasn't going to come back, and obviously she needed to be present to raise her children. Struggling to fold my wings up comfortably, I edge my way away from the water, giving a gentle sigh. I wanted our child to be safe, and keeping them within a herd was something I desperately needed for my own sanity. But I could not manage to raise this child on my own, and I know Aurelia wants to play a role in our child's life. So what do I do?

"These soldiers are not here to kill you; They're here to protect you."
ooc: @[Aurelia] so they can discuss finding a home & such !! c:
word count: 429

Picture by lieveheersbeestje

we all look for heaven and we put our love first
somethin' that we'd die for, it's our curse

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
I moved out of the thicket as a blur of gold and white. My edges blurred into the background as I galloped towards my mate. She herself had just enjoyed a good run, and I could tell by the way sweat stuck to her dark coat and her nostrils flared with each breath. My own nostrils did a little quivering when I bucked happily and continued my descent upon her. Tossing my head and whinnying as I drew closer, alerting her of my presence. As my pace slows from a dead gallop to a calm walk, I am already upon her strides away. My ears catch the sound of a sigh that escapes her lips and I halt altogether, close enough for a conversation, but far enough to not invade her space. I knew from experience that being touched and felt up while you're sweating and pregnant is the worst feeling ever and I remember myself getting angry whenever anyone had come into my personal space bubble. Was she the same? A look of worry dawn in my features as I nicker softly to her, a warm sound.

If my mate is unhappy, I'd go to the ends of the earth to fix the problem. "Destry? Are you okay, my love? Don't worry... I'm here for you," I told her softly, each word a lullaby of its own. What could possibly be downing her mood? Was it me? Had I done something? I promise, Destry, I won't ever leave your side if that's what you're worried about. I didn't mean to leave you after the veins... I should've stayed with you. Was she angry I hadn't gone with her when we flew out of there? It was different when I was pregnant... There was no one to follow me, and I was fine alone. I thought she'd be like that too, but maybe not? I wasn't sure how to do this whole mated stuff. I never had a happy family, I don't know what to do or how to do things.

I felt like I was frantic, my heart desperate to fix whatever plagued her mind. Who the fuck needs to be beat up? Truly and honestly, I didn't know I was the issue. I didn't know she wanted us to live together. I had thought she would've wanted us to live together, but she hadn't seemed particularly upset when I told her I no longer resided in the Throat. I figured we would have to work on our communication. Instead of me just becoming angry and closed off, I'd start speaking my feelings, yes, that's a good idea. I knew if I told her what I felt, she'd reciprocate with her own feelings. "I'm kind of nervous, Destry. I... I hope I'll be a good mother to our child and a good mate to you..." I spoke softly. OF COURSE I WAS NERVOUS. Last time I did this mothering thing I fucked everything up and lost my mind in the process. This time, I was determined to be the best I could be and I felt like I could do it. Still, the underlying worry was still there for me, and clearly still there for Destry. We can do this, I changed in my mind, somehow knowing we'd get through this-- that we'd be a good family. She's the black to my white, the tall to my short, the mare to my stallion (because we know well that her tummy is the one housing babies now), she's the goddamn sane to my insane, and I love her for all these things and more.

@[Destry] tag or no? (I forgot your preference) I'm fine with whatever :D

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Destry Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 years HP: 63.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Yseult :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Wakiya Dark

My head turns at Yseult's quiet chirp, signaling the arrival of a familiar presence. A gentle flutter in my stomach and flush of my cheeks, my neck extending as I try to brush my nose against her winged shoulder, desperate for the touch I crave. "Aurelia." Is all I can manage, a smile playing across my lips as I shift my body to get a better look at Aur. My worries are temporarily wiped away, a new, clean state of mind as I face the mare I love so dearly. Her words bring a deeper smile to my dark features, ears perking forward as I prepare my words, a cheery tone intertwined with my dottling syllables.

I offer a smile to Aur as I talk, trying to comfort her even though she was attempting to comfort me. "Aur, I'm fine, please don't worry." I pause, closing my eyes for a second and letting loose a gentle chuckle. "I just.. Where do we go?" I look down for a second, inhaling. "I mean... obviously we have to be together, and.. and you don't want to return to the Throat.. so where do we go? I don't want to raise our kid outside of a herd— it's not safe." My smile fades, lips pursed and brows knit in concern. Raising a child as outcasts was not something I wanted to do, there were too many risks.

Aur's next words startle me as I began to melt away into my anxieties, eyes widening a fraction as she explains that she's nervous. I push my muzzle towards hers, trying to use a comforting touch. "You'll be an amazing mother, Aur. I have no doubt about it." I close my eyes and smile, my wing sweeping open to gently brush against Aur's ivory side in an attempt of affection, my awkwardness still present. I could feel my chest tightening, my stomach twirling with my own doubts and worries flooding my mind. Nervous was an understatement. "We'll be okay, you'll see. Somehow, this will all work out and we'll be the happiest family to live in Helovia." I whisper, wondering if these words were for her or me, maybe both.

"These soldiers are not here to kill you; They're here to protect you."
ooc: @[Aurelia] please tag me !! <3
word count: 374

Picture by lieveheersbeestje

we all look for heaven and we put our love first
somethin' that we'd die for, it's our curse