the Rift

[OPEN] and then there's morning

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli

tiamat</style>
we run like a river runs to the sea</style>

Another round of delighted, tinkling giggles dance from the mare’s lips when the little stallion seems to be as joyful in her approval of his sweetness as much as she is. He bends down into another low bow, which she compliments with another dainty curtsy of her own, the wide smile never faltering from her expression. What a positively enchanting character Johnny is! He is so buoyant and unlike anyone else that she has yet to meet in Helovia, reminding her so much of herself, that she can’t help but be enchanted by his playful, carefree ways. She has no doubt that he is nothing short of a charmer.

“You’re very welcome,” she bows her head again in a playful dramatization, doe-eyes wide and dancing when they meet his once more. Fluted ears rest intently forward when the candy man continues, explaining more about his family and his brother, Jake, who is made of candy as well. Chocolate? He sounds delightful!” She laughs lightly, wondering about this chocolate candy and where she could try some (shameless in her occasional sweet tooth). “Well if he’s anything like you, I’m sure he’s doing just fine. I should like to meet him one day!” Her smile broadens and gives him a jesting wink.

Still, there is a small part of her that pities Johnny and his brother, for being cursed, sure that a bane of any kind can’t be pleasant. Did it hurt them when it happened? Did it force them to change their lives much? Do they ever wish it never happened? But she doesn’t linger on such doubts for long, seeing the sugar knight’s buoyancy, and knowing that whatever the witch had intended, Johnny had undoubtedly and delightfully turned it back around. It is a trait that Tiamat greatly admires him for.

Exhaling a long breath from her nostrils, the ocean mare’s attention returns to the little stallion when he inquires about her family. She giggles at his tease, tossing her hair in a mass of dancing hair and chiming shells. “You could say that, I suppose,” she casts him a playful glance before her expression softens into one of wistfulness, happily blissful in her musings of her own relatives. White eyes look to the glassy, unfrozen lake. “This lake is my family, you see—he’s my brother, as are all other lakes and streams; just as the clouds and stars are my sisters,” Tiamat’s attention lingers on her brother for a moment before it returns to Johnny.

It doesn’t occur to her that her heritage might be strange, bizarre, or even crazy to others. It is natural to her, it is all she knows, and she loves it. In any case, aren’t they all related and connected to nature in some way, at some point? Not all keep that connection as she does, but she doesn’t condemn them for it. She would never put herself on a pedestal for her parentage. “I’m nature’s child, you could say,” she smiles brightly, “of the ocean and sky.” Her gaze is cast briefly up to her mother sky, always watching over her, never leaving her alone again. They are together now, forever.

notes; I'm SO sorry that it's taken so long!<33
“Speech.”

credit | @Johnny
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Messages In This Thread
and then there's morning - by Tiamat - 06-16-2015, 10:18 PM
RE: and then there's morning - by Johnny - 06-20-2015, 06:20 PM
RE: and then there's morning - by Tiamat - 06-22-2015, 07:57 PM
RE: and then there's morning - by Brit - 08-13-2015, 02:07 PM
RE: and then there's morning - by Johnny - 08-13-2015, 03:50 PM
RE: and then there's morning - by Tiamat - 08-18-2015, 06:32 PM