the Rift

[OPEN] Finding my place (joining)

Areli Posts: 82
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 10 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 hh :: 3 (Birdsong) HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bee :: Grey Wolf :: None Shady

ARELI
Do you still believe in love, I wonder?

Tucked safely behind Kaj, you had watched as Ilios had flown off, traveling towards the island on the other side of the sea. Normally the ocean would have fascinated you, but as the waves churned blue below him, your eyes only remained focused on the gold dot that was your brother. Though he had promised to return, the tears had already begun pooling. They slipped down your face in silent lines, nearly invisible on your dark hide, but you felt them nonetheless.

Ilios turned in the air, and for a moment you wondered—hoped—that he had changed his mind. You’d tried to give him plenty of time to come to his senses. The whole way here you’d dragged your feet, feigned exhaustion, slept for as long as Kaj would allow you to, lingered over the sparse grass (even nibbled like you actually enjoyed the stuff), and begged him not to go. But if there was one way in which you and Illy were alike, it was in your stubbornness. He was dead set on it, and now your only hope lay with Mama. And Mama wasn’t here.

As you were still caught in thought, your brother landed with a thump that brought you back to the task at hand. If Kaj wasn’t going to help you and Mama was nowhere to be found, it was all up to you to keep him where he belonged. It wasn’t hard to muster the tears that were already falling, but you needed something a little more—you were just beginning to screw up your face to bawl when he turned to you and whispered to be polite. He sounded so much like Mama that you lost focus. Instead of a despondent wail, all that came out was a moderately sad hiccup, and then the moment was gone. His attention shifted to Kaj, who merely smiled and told him that everything was going to be okay.

You stifled a scream of frustration. You didn’t know why Kaj kept saying that, but you knew that you couldn’t defy him outright. It had been explained to you since you were very young that Kaj was the king of your family, and that there were things called laws, and that laws were stronger than rules, and what’s more was that Kaj made the laws with the other king. Sulkily, you pouted at his side and tried to come up with some other way of convincing Illy that this was a huge mistake.

Frowning in deep concentration, you were nibbling on the pendant he had given you when a figure appeared on the horizon. He approached on outstretched wings, introducing himself upon landing as Mesec. Though you knew Mama (and probably Illy) would be upset at you, you barely acknowledged him. You peeked out from behind Kaj and gave him a slight nod, but you were still chewing away, scheming. Maybe you could—WHOA.

Unlike Mesec’s arrival, Gaucho’s caught your attention. Perhaps it was his impressive stature or the flaming wings, but the sight of him made the thin glass chain drop from your mouth with a hasty tinkle and you pressed closer to Kaj with a quiet whimper. With the grown stag there, you weren’t quite afraid, but you had a healthy respect for the antlered stranger.

To your surprise, the big stallion seemed to know Kaj, greeting him by name. You dared to peer up at him once again, letting out a squeak of surprise as a firebird landed on his massive rack. Who were these pegasi that Ilios wanted to join?

OOC: Areli's kinda lurking, feel free to skip her if I'm slow!

"speech"

Image Credit || coding by Tamme
[Image: areli_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgh47.png]
Icon base: Bronzehalo
Please do not tag Areli except in opening posts!

Messages In This Thread
Finding my place (joining) - by Ilios - 06-16-2015, 10:25 PM
RE: Finding my place (joining) - by Kaj - 06-17-2015, 02:27 AM
RE: Finding my place (joining) - by Mesec - 06-21-2015, 09:14 AM
RE: Finding my place (joining) - by Gaucho - 06-21-2015, 10:40 AM
RE: Finding my place (joining) - by Areli - 06-21-2015, 02:22 PM
RE: Finding my place (joining) - by Ilios - 06-22-2015, 01:30 AM
RE: Finding my place (joining) - by Kaj - 06-29-2015, 11:21 PM
RE: Finding my place (joining) - by Mesec - 07-09-2015, 10:06 PM
RE: Finding my place (joining) - by Gaucho - 07-15-2015, 10:18 AM
RE: Finding my place (joining) - by Ilios - 08-07-2015, 05:26 AM
RE: Finding my place (joining) - by Areli - 08-08-2015, 11:55 AM