the Rift

[OPEN] angels above the sun (Welcoming)

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
The journey itself had been long. Frostfall was a long and hard winter, however it made it harder when you tried to venture into the mountains. Either way, it ended up wonderful when Rexanna spotted the arch in the distance. Rexanna lined herself up along the path, leaving room for Eden to step beside her if she so wished. The vixen walked slowly, she wanted Eden to take in all of the scenery especially once they reached inside the Basin. The sky was bright overhead peeking through overcast clouds with the fresh snowfall that lined the trail. Turning her head to Eden, Rexanna offered a smile. ”We’re almost there, friend. This is the Frozen Arch. Be careful out here as the ice can prove to be quite sharp.” She spoke softly before turning her face back straight ahead before they passed over the line into the Basin. The spot they were in was quite elevated compared to other parts of the Basin. It ended up giving a gorgeous view of the whole thing.

Rexanna stopped to take in the view before she turned herself to Eden, the smile still attached to her lips. ”This is it. Welcome to the Basin.” Rexanna’s voice was silky smooth. Her head turning to gaze out over the land once again. The mountains that lined the whole area as a means of protection and warmth of keeping everything within the Basin. The trees that lined it as well as the springs and lakes and popped up here and there. Her eyes travelled to the Sentinels near them, the large behemoth metal workings. Using her horn to point to the large protectors, she turned her eyes to Eden again. ”These are those Sentinels I was talking about earlier. They know who are friends and who are not and take appropriate action against those not welcome. You are fine here, however. So no need to worry.” Her voice was gentle and calming. The large structures could be quite frightening at first, however the idea of them warmed up quickly in Rexannas heart. Turning out over the Basin once more, Rexanna called out across. Hoping to catch the eye of a Lord. Preferably someone other than Deimos. She wasn’t sure how Eden would respond to such a creature. Rexanna angled herself back to facing Eden. ”What do you think?” She smiled.

@[Eden] Rex doesn’t have the power to accept Eden herself, so we’ll have to wait for one of the leads to come meet her! Feel free to reply to this though and hopefully we can get somebody in to accept you and get your rank changed :)

Now look at this web I wove.
I told you, I would break your heart.
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Eden Posts: 56
Absent Abyss atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 7
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy

E D E N

The trek to the Basin was not an easy one. Eden had been traveling without end for weeks before this. She was exhausted and beginning to grow hungry. She didn't think too much about this, though. Adrenaline coursed through her veins at the very thought of going to her potential home, enough to keep the pale mare moving.
Eden stepped up to Rexanna's side, noting the easy pace. She felt more gratitude to the golden lady than anyone else she had known in her lifetime. Eden returned her smile and nodded at her comment about the Frozen Arch. The ice glistened like none she had ever seen before. "This is some of the most beautiful danger I've come across," Eden remarked as she paused to push a small, sharp piece of ice out of her way. The lands Eden had lived in were barren in the winter. They weren't nearly as stunning as Helovia.
Rexanna paused after they passed the arch. It was here that Eden got her first look at the Basin. She turned to Rexanna and smiled, the sight of the Basin nearly leaving her speechless. It was everything Rexanna had told her about; the mountains, the trees and lakes, even the horned protectors! The golden lady mentioned the sentinels. Eden was relieved to know she was welcomed.
As Rexanna started calling out for others Eden continued to survey the Basin. She felt at home with the snow beneath her hooves and a chilly breeze billowing through her think coat and hair.
”What do you think?” Rexanna inquired. Eden turned her with a cheerful smile. Words could not even begin to express how much she liked it here. "I think it's beautiful, and so safe. It's exactly what I've been looking for," Eden stated, surprised she had found the words within herself. She was too awestruck to say much more. She only hoped the horses of the Basin would like her as much as she knew she'd like them.

"blah blah blah."

@[Rexanna] Sorry for the wait! ^^;

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk
T H R A N D U I L

So many days now were spent locked in the snowy cavern above. Lord It was a drag. The golden standing outside of his cave looking over the Basin looks for any excuse to get out. Not that he particularly wanted to be ‘helpful’. He rolled in loathing for the tasks now shouldered on him. Now more than ever he wished to escape the Basin’s winter clutches. Turning he looks to the blue cloak upon the floor. Rohan was an escape. A much needed one. He turns to head in and exchange his wolf hide for it and slip out of the Basin. In one last look though he sees a movement at the Arch. Attentive crowned head turns to look. He could make out two shapes from his high perch. Curious as ever, and hoping it would be a new recruit he could sway with his title and looks, the golden calls Haldir from his grazing and both head down to investigate.

How many times had he seen Deimos make these same steps? Now it was he who came with the weight of the title Lord and the power of judgement. Once again his vanity and pride swelled a little too much in him. He comes with unrushed steps, letting his natural grace flow. Snow was not planned though and it threw a few rocks in his path for him to slip on, but of course the golden kept it all in the natural swing. The laurelin’s Spanish neck curled and earth eyes carried a calm weight, though still his smirk of satisfaction with the show he put on, came forth on his lips. Haldir, always walled in by snow trailed behind.

Coming up on the rise, where the snow was less thick the gold nods to Rexanna. He himself had brought her here. It proved fruitful, for here was another child brought to the mountains. For a moment the golden looked upon her. Letting his power grant him to look over. The smirk on his lips was small, but playful, and it was hard to tell if it held any ill intent, or was merely the golden taking too much delight in this. She was a cute little thing, though indeed small and worn for travels. He wondered how she would last the winter. “I am Thranduil, Lord.” Oh! He liked the sound of that. The customary greeting though was quick to follow. “At your service.” A curt nod was given to her. The smile never left his lips until a certain dark small creature leapt from behind him. “This is Haldir.” The young stag held his head higher to hear his name, and to see new faces. His face was more sincere than the golden’s and welcoming as he looks to the newcomer. The golden did his best to, as always, ignore the deer. His smirk rises back slightly as he speaks, letting the deep voice command. “What is it you seek?”

Thranduil Speaks

•• TAGS: @[Rexanna] @[Eden] •• NOTES: Terribly sorry for the terrible post, it'll get better. =] He usually doesn't play this role. ••

Image and Table by Moonstone Designs
Image Credits Here

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Rexanna felt comfort in knowing that Eden was pleased with everything she had seen so far. Standing at the entry of the Basin, she felt comforted in knowing that despite the cold, Eden would be able to fit in. It had been quite a long journey but they took breaks for finding food and sleep. If anything, Rexanna knew that when she had stumbled into the Threshold, she couldn’t even remember the last time she ate. Though she was thankful for the fact she came here near the end of Tallsun. The weather was wonderful and journeys had been quite easier.

She smiled to Eden. ”I’m so glad you think so.” Her voice was gentle and calm just as it had been the entire trip. Her eyes danced from the mare to a figure approaching. His golden pelt almost standing out like a fire within the ever so pale and stark snow. She was pleased to see that it was him to come and accept her. Rexanna began to grow proud of herself in the fact that she began to show the new Lord of the Basin, her own recruiter, that she could indeed perform for the Basin as well. As he approached closer, she nodded back to Thranduil. The smile still gently placed upon her face as she noticed his own smile sitting calmly upon his face. His words seemed almost unusual to her. She knew that he was a Lord, but she was just reminded of his rank here and the surprise that he had given her when it came to her own acceptance. It was now when she was even more pleased he had said Lord instead of frightening the poor mare away with his rank beforehand.

Her teal eyes danced down to Haldir, the gentle little deer like creature that had been almost a perfect contrast to the golden. She offered Haldir his own small nod, smiling brightly to him. As Thranduil finished speaking, her head turned to Eden. Since Rexanna hadn’t her own companion, she thought she might want to explain to her what was going on. ”Thranduil recruited me back when I joined the Basin. Haldir is his companion, which is another curious part of this land.” Smiling to her as she finished, she waited to see what Eden sought out of the Basin. Although, Rexanna was beginning to feel quite excited to hear her ask for a home and Thranduil to accept her into the herd. Oh the excitement and pride that would come of this.

@[Eden] @[Thranduil] No worries, guys! :3

Eden Posts: 56
Absent Abyss atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 7
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy

E D E N

The fem's golden gaze scoured every bit of the Basin, taking in it's icy brilliance with a grain of salt. It pained her to know that her parents and brother might never see this land and live in Helovia as she will. None of the horses here were fighting for food just to survive or constantly running from predators. Was it selfish of her to give up her search for her family just because she had found a new one? No, it wasn't. Her family had lived happily for two years in their primitive ways. She could only hope they were still happy and move on.
Eden turned her head to look back at Rexanna, but an unfamiliar golden glimmer caught her eye instead. It was a fellow unicorn. His stride was purposeful. Perhaps he was one of the Lords Rexanna had spoke about? It made the mare anxious to think about it. What if she messed up her words and made a fool out of herself? This was one stallion she didn't want to disappoint. He spoke to Rexanna first before turning to herself.
Eden wanted to back away, but she didn't. Rexanna was comfortable with the stallion, so why shouldn't she be? The silvery mare didn't smile, she only gazed up at the stallion in silence as he began to speak. “I am Thranduil, Lord.”
Oh, gods, he was a Lord after all. Eden gave the stallion a small smile and returned his nod. "My Lord," She said softly, her golden gaze never leaving his own. Not long after a dark deer appeared by the Lord's side. Haldir. Eden took a single step backwards, flicking her ears back in uncertainty. A companion? The notion was perplexing to Eden. She allowed her ears to swivel back to Thranduil as he began to ask her a question. “What is it you seek?” His tone was borderline demanding. She wasn't getting out of this one.
Eden's gaze flicked to her hooves, then back up to the Lord. She thought over her words carefully before allowing them to grace her lips. "I seek a home. I seek a place where I can love and be loved in peace. I seek all knowledge about this strange land I have found my self in, but most of all I seek a family," Eden stated, her golden gaze slipping back to her hooves. It was strange to admit to another that she sought after family, but it was undoubtably a good strange.

"blah blah blah."

@[Thranduil] ^^

[Image: 55e3948091bdb]
please tag eden in all posts

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk
T H R A N D U I L

How it was that those many moons ago the golden had persuaded Rexanna to join he Basin was still a miss. Here she was smiling and nodding, and much to Haldir’s enjoyment, paying him attention. The small deer’s tail wagging to see her grin. So many times he was ignored in the presence of the gold, and even the smallest gestures of a smile to him alone was most loved, regardless of his older age. The golden of course did not notice. Not turning back to the pale gold mare until she spoke. His smirk, thins slightly with the talk. Not that he was displeased, but more so that this conversation dragged such.

When she finishes that golden, with tasseled tail flicking at his cold snow covered fetlocks looks back to the pale grey. Her look was ragged. The golden wondered what drew Rexanna to this creature? They weren’t exactly running a charity organization here. Certainly with the cold this winter seemed to promise in the wind they couldn’t afford to run a soup kitchen. Still, she nodded and spoke with respect, and in a band of ruffians and thugs, and to a creature who was craving such displays, that will get you far.

Her gaze drops to her hooves Was she nervous? The pause in the conversation extends, and as usual, free time leads the golden to mischievous thoughts. He lets his smile fade as he waits. When she speaks up he does not move. His face is completely emotionless as he listens. No nods. No warm grins. Nothing. When she finishes he continues this ways for a second, letting the first pangs of worry come. Then he lets go. A smile rushes to his face, and a warm grin comes on his face for her. [color=#e4e7fb “And you shall have it.” [/color]A curt nod is given. Inside a laugher tickles his soul.

Now he is warmer, though his lips curl back into a smirk after moments. The inner emotions leaking through a little. [color=#e4e7fb “Welcome to your home, to your family.” [/color]Oh god now they were getting a little too sappy. It almost made him what to gag. It might have been to complete the trick, but let’s move on. [color=#e4e7fb “Rexanna will I’m sure show you around, and tell you of the ranks.” [/color] He glances to her. Was that a wink? Then back to the new grey. [color=#e4e7fb “If you need anything you need only ask.” [/color]Oh god what sap. Time to go. Had our fun now pack up and ship out. Haldir was loathe to go. As the golden pauses to see what other business might be said, the poor deer, sensing they would head out soon, looked to his bonded. The whine running clear through their bond.

Thranduil Speaks

•• TAGS: @[Rexanna] @[Eden] •• NOTES: He's just weird here, apologies ••

Image and Table by Moonstone Designs
Image Credits Here

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Ears flickered with the sounds of the mare beside her speaking to the golden stag. Based off what she knew of Thranduil, he wasn’t really one to speak like her. He wasn’t going to open up and frankly, be cheesy but it was one of the many things she admired about the stag. She admittedly wished she could be as hidden as he. However, she felt deep down that she had little to no self-control when it came to her past and histories. However, she knew almost nothing about him. She just knew that he was a Theif, a damn good one at that, and good enough to become Lord. Yet a piece of her wondered how he enjoyed the time spent doing such. Was it everything it was cracked up to be? Or was it more of a curious endeavor of simplicity? Rexanna wasn’t going to doubt herself, but she had a slight feeling she’d never know what it would be like to govern in the Basin. She only knew what it was like from back home. I suppose you could say things were rather… barbaric back there.

Attention sprung to the golden stag as he began to speak. His words gentle and kind. He seemed… strange right now. Almost bipolar in the sense where he could just dance from no emotion to happiness. How strange. Watching him gently, she shifted her weight before looking to Eden after the words passed by Thranduil’s lips. A small spurt of excitement grew in her chest at the success of recruitment and for that she was entirely ecstatic. She offered a gentle nod to Eden. ”I absolutely can. Thank you, Lord.” Her voice was soft but held back a bit of her excitement on her successes. ”Welcome, officially, to the Basin.” She smiled.

@[Eden] @[Thranduil] We can get your rank changed to the Basin! Then you we can figure out what rank you might be interested in for her!