the Rift

[PRIVATE] The Imbecile Is He

Karalius Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

It was another location for the brute to search. And here he stepped onto the soft sand, glistening waves lapping at the shores. The cold sharp tang of Frostfall did not take anything away from the beauty of the endless blue ocean spread across the orbs of the dappled. But he cared nothing for this beauty, and could not savour it in a way anybody else would. Karalius was in a foul mood.

He had been here for a while already with Helovia giving little that Karalius felt worthy of his proud bodice. His attitude was growing shitty, and with it came the stereotypical body language gestures that would only give away (completely) the frustration he was feeling. The dappled stamped his dagger into the soft, cool sand, letting the wind rip through his charred tassels. The sun seemed to be eternal here, yet it could not brighten his orbs nor his heart. With his ears pinned back, he shook his charcoal cranium with a fierce sense of anger.

He let out an angry whine. "How long must I endure this?"

The dappled stood still for a moment and tried to let the noise of the waves ripple a sense of calm into his bones.It did nothing but let the cold twist another dagger into his proud heart.

"It's time I find myself in this land." His tone was dark, tinged with an unconscious sense of longing. Longing for company... But Karalius did not believe that he could entice anybody into his presence with the wretched mood he was in. It was only the morning and he already thought this day was going to be a waste.

@[Rexanna] I'm sorry it's so shitty! I shall get better ;)

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
Back to the Endless Blue. The last time she was here she enjoyed quite a wonderful time. So why was she back? Maybe it was the slight longing for being back to that night. Perhaps it was being hopeful in stumbling across him once more. The wind was sharp with the temperature of the area. Frostfall always had a way of chilling Rex to the bone. Especially when water was added to the mixture. Her teal eyes travelling across the shore, hopeful, spotting a creature that stood in the water. Well, it wasn’t who she was hopeful for but it was still a creature and company nonetheless. She paused in her step for a few moments before hearing a whine the creature emitted, sounding rather upset. Perhaps now was a good time to leave? No. She needed to meet more people, perhaps even able to make their mood better.

She waited a few moments before she approached. Her gold and cream coat reflecting onto the water as she stuck out like a sore thumb. The charcoal markings that lined her eyes stood out harsh against her pristine coat. She left a bit of distance between them, noting the dappled creature was a stag. Her eyes danced across him in search of horns or wings to find nothing. Was this just a normal equine? She hadn’t really seen one before. Curiously, ears swiveled to him with curiosity. ”Hello there.” Her voice was silky smooth and chimed with a hint of interest in learning about this creature.

@[Karalius] Mine will get better too xD

Now look at this web I wove.
I told you, I would break your heart.
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Unregistered

Karalius sensed he was not alone. And with a glimmer he hope he took his orbs to the noise that had been made from the close distance. He could not tell what sort of creature it was, but by the four graceful pillars that was burdened with an elegant spotted pelt of caramel and ivory he could tell it was a dame. He saw the queen edge closer to him, perhaps with faint steps as she realised she was coming into close quarters with such a handsome brute. The arrogant stag rose himself to full height with a flurry of excitement. Yet this excitement did nothing to take any less frustration out of his mood.

Hello there.

The stranger's eyes were a piercing azure, and her cranium adorned with markings that gave her a regal look. He then furthered his gaze between her orbs and spotted a horn twisted of gold, dangling from it jewellery of some kind. A horned. He was not accustomed to horned creatures, and this was something he found himself curious to find out. He had no desire to propose his superiority complex of equines to the stranger, but she was a pretty thing and he was a randy brute that sought impressive gazes and followers. His cranium was arched upon a neck, his chest puffed out to all its glory. Yet his golden orbs spoke the irritation he was feeling of going nowhere in this land.

Was Helovia giving him a chance to better his establishment in this new world?

He tried to lighten his tone to show the polite gesture he gave to all strangers, but his tone was still laced with a dark tinge that he had no say on whether it would put the queen off,
"Good morning,...?" he thought it best to give a good conversation opener, and furthered the chance even further by adding, "I am Karalius. Yes I'm new here. And are you native or alien like myself?" He pricked his ears towards her and his forelock tassles fell onto his cranium, giving the dreamy boy look, perhaps with some luck.

@[Rexanna]

Watching the dappled beast move when her words hit his ears, he raised in height a bit further. Rexanna was always so short compared to almost everyone she’s met so far. It did nothing to stop her from proving her worth, however. Watching him curiously, she took note of his features. Scanning him once more in search of any kind of crown or feathers but still found nothing. He was still rather handsome without all of the accessories, but it almost seemed strange to her. His voice hit her ears gently and she offered him a small smile. So he was kind, that was nice. The last thing she wanted to do was have to run from someone that didn’t even have an advantage over her other than height. Listening, ears swiveling lightly, she shook her mane out gently with a shiver that bore upon her pelt from the chill of Frostfall.

”It’s a pleasure Karalius. I am Rexanna. I hail from the Basin, but I too am quite new. Alien as you put it.” She offered a chime of a laugh before turning her head to the shore for a few moments before they landed back on the dappled stag. ”Tell me, Karalius, what is it that brings you to a place like this alone?” Her voice was soft but full of curiosity. The truth of the matter was ever since her first experience here, she seemed to associate it with more of a romantic area. To find a stag alone here, she wasn’t entirely sure what it was he was even doing here. Perhaps she would find out.

@[Karalius]

Unregistered

The friendly gaze the brute was met with actually did something to better his mood, slightly. There was only a tiny amount of loveliness he could gain from a simple smile. But her velveteens gave a pretty and soft sense of comfort to the frustrated dappled, and that was something he strangely welcomed. Karalius was not accustomed to open arms. He was scarily unattached emotionally. This dame was giving him the opportunity to open his emotional bank to her, and this was something he responded to in a physical fashion by lightly stepping through the grains of sand with his daggers towards her.

The pretty thing spoke her name, Rexanna. It was sweet for such a short thing. Well, shot to him.

I hail from the Basin, but I too am quite new.

"Rexanna it is a pleasure to meet such a pretty thing as yourself here," he smiled with his velveteens and pierced her pelt with his orbs. "I have heard of the Hidden Falls and the World's Edge but not the Basin. What is it like in that region?" He dipped his cranium in a curious gesture to Rexanna, watching the sun give a faint glow on her splashed ivory pelt.

And then came another question, that was tingled with a tone of shameless curiosity to his being here. He flickered a smirk of amusement, wondering what it was that made her question his reasoning for being at the end of the world.

"Alone is my occupation, Rexanna. But I simply came here to explore my new world, being an alien," he then turned his tone into a questioning one, lightening even though his mood was stil prickling, "But may I ask why you find yourself here talking to me?"

@[Rexanna]

The stag began to move towards her. Rexanna didn’t move, however. Her teal orbs keeping themselves resting softly on the dappled creature. His words danced across her ears before she let a small chime of a laugh escape. ”Ah, so I’ve been told.” She winked playfully at the beast before the smile that lined her lips grew a bit friendlier. She listened for his next set of words before speaking when he was done. ”The Basin is the far northern territory. It’s chilly but quite homey.” Her voice was more gentle now, not as playful but more informative. More elegant with the phrases she spoke. However at the thought of what he said to her about ending up here in this romantic of a place just confused her. She wasn’t sure what he meant by why she was talking to him. However, an honest answer went far.

”Yes well, you see I came in search of company. You just so happened to be here, and therefore this conversation has ensued.” She let another chimed laugh escape her maw. She stepped forward a little bit closing more of the gap after he had. ”However, exploration is always entertaining.” Her smile shifted into a slight smirk. There was something interesting about this stag that just seemed cute and adorable. She wasn’t sure why, but he just had that aura about him that had her feeling rather needed or wanted. That wouldn’t be a change of pace for her. She was used to finding new stags and flirting nonstop. That was just what she did, flirt and flirt. But what would come from it?

@[Karalius]

Unregistered

It seemed incredible to Karal that the closeness was getting ever more apparent in such a short space of time between himself and Rexanna. She had stepped forward to make the distance between them even smaller and this pricked at him with what felt like flirting. He was hardly accustomed to many females flirting with him, particularly because he had the personality of an arse that no dame would want to get close to. But he imagined that she was someone who could be the one to step that boundary.

Her flirtatious reply to his compliment made the brute blush in a masculine fashion,
"It seems my words have been too late to make them unique for you, Rexanna," he smiled warmly towards her, feeling a growing fondness already of her. Was this her way? He did not know, and quite frankly he didn't care.

The talk of this land and its chilly temperatures did nothing to sway his mind that it would be inhospitable to him. He did not care for the cold, for he was used to it back in his old territory. "It sounds like a place I would like to visit one day, but I assume it is a herd-only region?" He queried to the herd creature. He couldn't decide if he was enjoying his time as an outcast or whether the thought of being in a herd again appealed to him.

And then the conversation rendered him to step even closer to Rexanna, he felt close enough now to feel the heat omitting off her short stature and it gave him some sense of comfort that he welcomed.

...I came in search of company. You just so happened to be here, and therefore this conversation has ensued.

She had a quaint way with words that suited his own nature of language. He bore no representation to the colloquial equines, but more of the style of pegasi that he had roamed with, "I deem that my company was not the one you were expecting," he gave the tone of a cheeky kind and retained the lightness in his voice. She winked and it took him aback yet still allowed a smile to spread across his velveteens. And the dame ensued her own flirtatious enquiry towards him and he felt compelled to do that, and so he retorted with a glint in his eye. "I know that feeling, I do love exploring..." his orbs glowed a warmth of invitation to his new acquaintance, and he enjoyed the mystery of where this was heading.

@[Rexanna]

His height difference was normal for her, but it didn’t stop her from gazing up at him with a playful glint in her eye. Ears flicking to him as his words reached them once again. His warm smile warmed within her chest. Her own smile mimicking his in the warmth and friendliness. She waited for everything he had to say to be finished so she could think about what she could say at the end of it. Letting all of his words rummage through her mind, she stood in an almost prideful stance. Boisterous and elegant at the same time. ”Yes, it is herd only, unfortunately. I wouldn’t mind seeing your face around more often.” She winked again, playful tendencies dancing at her heart strings again. ”You weren’t exactly who I was expecting, but you are definitely a pleasant surprise. As for exploring, it definitely passes the time.” She laughed another small chime of a laugh.

As Karalius stepped ever so slightly closer to her, her posture shifted into more of a bashful type of stance. Her eyes and mind held that playfulness that was so prominent in her words and emotions. Maybe, just maybe, her playfulness would result in a bit of a good time. Although it seemed as though that’s all she’s been doing lately. Though it didn’t seem to be much of an issue in all honesty. A girl needed to have her own fun sometimes. Especially if the other party is willing. With that thought pieced in her mind, she shifted her body slightly, turning a bit more angled instead of straight on to the beast. The chain dancing with each movement before her eyes flashed back to catch his own golden ones, playful and entertained at the same time. ”Though, what kind of exploration is it you’re seeking?” Her words rolled from her maw like velvet, soft and gentle yet playful and full of subtle hints.

@[Karalius]

Unregistered

Karalius saw her gaze shift up to match the height of himself, and the dappled felt even more confident in her presence. Rexanna was giving the brute an inkling of what it would be like to be surrounded by a herd that he felt a part of, but more so in a more intimate fashion. And he liked it. The closeness between the pair now was enough that he could reach his cranium to touch the crest of her skull should he desire to. Yet even for the inexperienced stag he thought this too soon to make advances like that.

Yes, it is herd only, unfortunately. I wouldn't mind seeing your face around more often." The second wink had him and his butterflies danced within his belly and he almost completely disregarded the mood the pretty thing had found him in upon her arrival. He retorted with an amused snort and a glitter of cheekiness from his orbs,
"Pity, I would like to see a familiar face often," his naivety almost forgot the subtle invitation she was giving him to be recruited to the Basin, but perhaps this was something she only saw as a short-term thing, and this was something Karalius could not commit to regardless.

To her second reply, he tilted his cranium again, but to the left side and the sun glinted into his orb as it began to rise into the blue. "I hope I am a good substitute for whoever it was you were expecting, and believe me you too are a pleasant surprise for my sore eyes..." he glinted a look that even the dappled couldn't tell what the intention was. But he felt he could tell what her intentions were when she spoke of what kind of exploration he was seeking, and it was luring him in.

"I seek any and every kind of exploration, Rex." His name size reduction gave her a term of endearment. Was this a good move? He was yet to find out.

@[Rexanna]

The closeness between the two had Rex’s chest a flurry with feelings. She wasn’t sure what it was she was trying to get from this, but she was beginning to have a feeling what it might end up being as. Would it bother her? Not in the slightest. She enjoyed her times flirting with men. That was what she was used to back before she stumbled cross the Threshold. She found her way around doing that, so what should change now? Perhaps her name being slandered in places. It didn’t matter much, however, considering her rank. It wasn’t like she had a good image to uphold. It was just fun and those that couldn’t understand that, wouldn’t be worth her time.

She was brought back to reality when she heard his voice. Allowing him to finish before she spoke, her eyes traced his features. His cheekbones that stuck out against his gray dappled pelt. His golden orbs that met with hers every so often. She tilted her head slightly as to not impale him with her horn if he were to make a move. She was waiting for one, but alas nothing came of it. Perhaps she needed to take things into her own hands? Her chest fluttering with emotions as his final sentence reached her auds. Any and every kind of exploration? That was the kind of guy she could get to know. The nickname was well received as well. An inner turmoil was settled when the mare reached out slowly with her nose, aiming to touch the stallion ever so gently on the chest; careful as to not stab him with her horn. What was she doing? She pulled away lightly, taking in his scent of being an outcast. ”Then I suppose you’ve found the right mare.” Velveteen lips danced with words as she spoke with a cheeky kind of flirtation. Her eyes flickering from his chest up to meet his golden orbs in the hopes that something fun would come from this encounter. But why was she so hopeful?

@[Karalius] Mine will get better too xD

Unregistered

Then I suppose you've found the right mare.

Rexanna's actions up to this point sent shivers down the brute's spine, and that was not from the cold. He was being enlightened. Never had a dame so openly flirted with the dappled and today was the day he felt like a fully opened flower to all of her kind words. Karalius' stomach fluttered at the sight of her tilting that pretty skull of hers, watching the horn that he was trying to blot out with by blurring his orbs to its sharp sight. It wasn't that he was frightened of being impaled by the horn that adorned the crest of her skull, it was more the fact that he was participating in a flirtatious dance-off with someone who bore a magical superiority. His arrogant mind thought of this as a stab in the back to the brute who believed that he was evolved better and simpler than his magic counterparts.

But there was something about the multi-coloured queen. Her little ways matched her short stature, her orbs played gracefully with his heart strings and he was perilously attached. Perhaps too quickly. But no, the dappled knew that this was his chance to make something of it. His reply was drenched in dark bassy tones, a slight hint of cheeky curiosity,
"If that is the case, consider me your humble follower for the day, as we explore..." his orbs pierced hers in the hope she would gaze back and meet his intentions of a romantic beginning.

He turned slightly to invite her to walk along the sands with him. This was no Tallsun weather outing. The biting cold was something he did not know and quite frankly couldn't give two shits about whether it would affect the short dame. He wanted to see where this went and and the strengthened bodice more than happily showed Rexanna that he wanted her by his side, with flicks of his tassles against her rump, should she accept his light touches. Karalius was unsure whether this was protocol, but he went along with his gut feeling. What will lead to?

@[Rexanna] I finally posted! xD

Rexanna couldn’t help but to flirt. It almost seemed to be in her nature. She almost couldn’t think of a time when she had not flirted with a male. She was just lucky in the fact it had been so well received by all of the creatures she came across. Her teal eyes flickered to a bit of hope as she watched the plain equine before her. His dappled pelt making its mark within the crevices of her brain. She’d remember this one, if not for anything that came after this moment but for that pelt of his and the way he spoke. She almost always remembered everyone she had stumbled across while being here in Helovia. Watching him with curiosity, she listened as he spoke and her eyes locked with his; providing a slightly lustrous look in hopes of how the night would end.

”Let’s.” She smirked to him before taking up his offer of walking along with him along the beach. The chill of Frostfall coming up and nipping her ever so gently. Her mind washed away the cold as she felt the gentle sting of his tail as it brushed against her rump. She was pleased. The vixen almost felt like a spider trying to catch prey into her web. She was quite the weaver in that aspect of getting creatures tangled in with her. Did she complain? No. However, she did have the history of connecting for fun and disappearing later on. Which almost felt like something she aimed to do on this day. She wouldn’t reveal it though. She just offered him a gentle smile and took a few steps forward, swishing her tail with delight and the hopes of tickling his barrel with the tips of her tassels. ”A humble follower you say?” She repeated with a wink sent in his direction.

@[Karalius] Yasss x3

Unregistered

Let's.

The flirtatious ways of the fae that was now so close he could touch had the brute tangled in a mess of confusion, desire and a strange emotional feeling that tugged him closer to her. Was this a game that she was playing with him? Did she do this to every stag that came her way? His orbs watched her and the image of the pretty pelt that she bore swam in them. His pools were dancing with these images and he wondered where Rexanna could see them. He stepped back one step and then forward again like a yearling unsure whether to go further to his new discovery.

There was no doubt that Karalius had been captured in some way by this dame, and it could be argued that both parties saw what was happening. But the naive brute for all his tendencies of arrogance and pride was being swayed by her flirty body language and even flirtier vocal tones. The way she spoke to him gave the dappled a flurry of butterflies within his guts that made his muscles feel like they were going to drop his weight any second.

"Only ever humble for a sweet thing like yourself," his orbs filled with something... sensitivity. His dark tones also filled with the same sweet emotion towards the short fae. Her tassles tickled his bodice and he returned the favour and stretched his neck slightly to ruffle the forelock tassles adorning her pretty skull, being mindful not to impale himself on the imposing horn that she held at an angle. I'm glad to be an equine without that deadly thing Karalius silently thought to himself with a hint of the racist nature that bore deep within him. His prejudices would not be silenced quite so easily as his mood had been by this dame. Rexanna was indeed a beautiful creature but no amount of meetings and acquaintances could seem to taint the beliefs he had been brought up with. He shook these thoughts from his head and concentrated on the dance of a flirt with his new partner, "Shall we take a walk along the sands?" he questioned her with an intent of shaking the numbness growing in his pillars after standing for so long. The dappled did not want to leave the dame's side, but neither did he wish to be stood here frozen. He blinked twice at her with his inviting golden pools.

@[Rexanna] So sorry it took so long sweet! <333

Rexanna had grown pleased by the idea of capturing this creature within her web. It didn’t seem like it was going to be too difficult in all reality, just flirt here, say these words, bat her eyes, pretend to be innocent, etc. Things that were extremely easy to do without driving herself mad. In fact I guess you could say it was a stress reliever. Friendly azure eyes with a hint of lust glanced upon them as her crowned head watched the creature before her.

How… plain.

He did not carry any horns or any wings. It almost made her wonder how much of a warrior he could be. Was he the type to fight for his home or his lover? Or was he the type that hid? She didn’t want to be very judgmental but she couldn’t figure out how he could be rather dangerous without having something at least protruding that could cause damage. It was something that kept Rexanna feeling rather safe, the golden spike that protruded from her face was sharp as hell. She knew that the twists within it showed a slight amount of age but it also showed strength. The abolished queen knew how to take care of herself, that was for sure.

Brought back into the moment with his set of words and movement, she nodded her head. Slightly frozen tendrils of her dual colored mane flexing to and fro with the movement as she felt the frozen water and air surround her again. ”I’d like that.” She smiled to him. Stepping forth to pass him, she aimed her movements in such a way where her shoulder and hips would gently brush by the large dappled beast. Flashing him a small smirk of a smile, she passed him back up into the sands of the beach before pausing lightly to angle her neck back and face him. ”I’ll follow you, my dear.” Her voice dripped with the song of a siren about to catch her prey.

@[Karalius] Sorry MINE took so long D:

Unregistered

Karalius released a sigh of some sort of emotion. Whatever it was, it was coursing through his bodice at the speed of light and made his cranium feel ready to tilt to one side and slide of his neck. This feeling was something so alien to the young brute, and his dappled pelt released the quirky shivers to show his nerves beginning to prickle their way through it. It would have evidently showed to Rex that he was becoming really infected by her prescence, and this was something the dappled could not afford to fuck up now.

Her flirty ways were still unknown to him, and so was the game she may be playing. Yet for this he did not care, with his pride bouncing off any sense that he should have been clinging to with a ferocious grip. He twitched his soft lobes towards her, watching her body language and the soft pelt that seemed, to him, to shine in the pale and cold light of Frostfall. And her pools danced in the light too, with a hint of something he could not pick at. But his own lustful ways sure could read into that as a mirror reflection of his own desires.

The dappled then began to think, what are you thinking, sweet thing? For he would never understand the fantastical creatures that soared about with their wings or their horns. They were as alien to him as he was to a wolf. In the soft moments of silence he waited for the replies to his own deep words towards the fae, and as he waited his mind wandered whilst not letting go of the lock of pools. His orbs were fixated on her, but his lobes listened to the soothing waves that did not seem to care for the biting wind. Instead, the wind seemed to match in perfect motion with the waves that lapped against the shores. The sand seemed particularly white today, yet this was something he could not place a dagger on. Was his sight becoming glazed over by this enticing creature?

It occurred to Karal, that the wind and the waves were two very different components and they too were alien to one another, yet they bounced off one another well enough to make a perfect relationship...

Shaking these thoughts from his head, he stepped forward as she brought him back to earth with,

"I'd like that."

His pools shone the same smile that had strewn across his dark velveteens. And she began to move her dainty bodice, brushing against him with her shoulder and hips and holy crap did it make the emotionally unattached's guts twist and turn inside him. He could feel the spark flowing around his bodice and giving him tingling feelings at the base of his pillars and in his brain. It was electric.

I'll follow you, my dear.

Something was so smooth about her that the brute could not resist. And the dappled then stepped forward in front of her, mainly because she beckoned for it but also to regain some of the brutishness that he would need to continue her interest in him.
"How's about we take a stroll down South?" His words were mimicking the deep bassy tones of his previous speech, and was all the more inviting to Rexanna.

@[Rexanna] Ohh no I've been long too! <3