the Rift

[OPEN] Gather Round the Campfire [WW]

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah

Well I wasn’t really sure where to go first, being new and not seeing any familiar faces from the Basin (why the hell didn’t I bring a date?! oh right because I want to pick up a cute honey or stud muffin) so I just sort of follow the crowd when they move off. The talk of campfires intrigued me, and I was wondering how they were going to light them. Was Aurelia around? Or were there more fire-magic wielders? So long as none of them were prone to spontaneous combustion I think we’ll get along just fine.

The answer is that they have dragons, though I have to say that my attention isn’t on them so much as the group that is gathering around the fires. I recognize them from the group that had been gathering, especially the cutie with the ear wings.

“Did someone say peppermint?” I make a little show of it, walking through the crowd and in front of the pretty orange mare with the adorable wings and the graceful, horned stallion beside her, and I flick my tail as I pass them. The strangs there are naught but peppermint, in a rather more tasteful form than whatever herbs they might be using for the tea. What could be better to chase away the chill? Some fire, which he was going to be sure to stay away from, some gorgeous company, some strands of peppermint hair to chew on? Granted, apparently some people find it a little weird when I offer them a nibble but honestly, what’s a little nibble between friends?

I settle in to a stop, requiring a bit of turning around, and I find myself on the other side of Maren, of the Throat, though I’ve left enough space between us for another to join in if they wished. There’s plenty of room I don’t want to crowd! With the bonfires, I don’t have the excuse to get close to anyone to keep warm. If I did, I would have wormed my way between Maren and Rohan there. Perfect spot!

Besides, there are others and I don’t want to shy away from them either. “But really some tea sounds just fabulous. My name is Johnny, I’m from the Basin. Pleasure to meet all of you on this fine Frostfall day.” Guys I might just give myself a cavity with how sweet I’m feeling. This happiness? It’s so wrong but it feels so right.

johnny
I like it sweet
image credits
table by Reli <3

Messages In This Thread
Gather Round the Campfire [WW] - by Kaj - 06-17-2015, 10:30 PM
RE: Gather Round the Campfire [WW] - by Destrier - 06-17-2015, 10:46 PM
RE: Gather Round the Campfire [WW] - by Maren - 06-20-2015, 08:49 AM
RE: Gather Round the Campfire [WW] - by Rohan - 06-20-2015, 06:54 PM
RE: Gather Round the Campfire [WW] - by Johnny - 06-20-2015, 09:09 PM
RE: Gather Round the Campfire [WW] - by Thranduil - 06-22-2015, 01:10 PM
RE: Gather Round the Campfire [WW] - by Öde - 06-22-2015, 10:47 PM