the Rift

[PRIVATE] Half-built churches

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz

The diviner watched her Sultan shook his head, as if telling her to not ask anything about his depressed state. She blinked, perhaps hoping to see the proud stallion she was used to once she had reopened her eyelids. Tired? She questioned in thought. But then he voiced his concerns and, as he let them out, she knew this was the time. Still, instead of interrupting him, her lips lay still and closed as her gaze wandered to the horizon as her mind took in his worries.

Winter had come, not only in season and she knew suddenly that Gaucho needed the enlightenment of the visions – he needed to know what the Fires had told her. “This”, she softly whispered as she turned her alabaster head away from the horizon, to look into his stormy gaze. “This is what I wanted to talk to you about.” The priestess said her eyes speaking with sincerity. “I have looked into the Fires, Gaucho. They told me about the winter that was coming, how sharp its claws would be.” The burgundy shades of her eyes darkened against the reflecting fires.Sharp,” she concluded with a grave tune in her outlandish voice. Then she let out a sigh as her gaze fell upon the light of the diviners Fire in the distance. She suddenly felt the weight of the information leaving her. She hadn't really realized how heavy it had pressed on her. “But it also told me about the herds. Something about making a decision of importance; a shared aim. But perhaps a decision that will make or break the relationships we have with some of our allies so far.” She pondered on in her head as she slipped into her mind’s eye, to re-watch the visions she had had. Meanwhile, the winter winds caressed her cheeks with its icy hands and pulled on her ivory mane with their gentle stroking.

“But perhaps that could have been the invasion into the Edge.” She fell silent for a moment as she turned her gaze to Gaucho again. “I am sorry, I couldn’t see it clear enough,” she said softer again. “There were banners, but I couldn’t read them. Some were being left behind.” Her eyes were now surrounded by a deep frown. If only she simply knew – just knew. But she didn’t, so she could only inform Gaucho about what she assumed. “I believe that this season our fight will mostly be with the cold – Although I dare to say that we are actually in a better environment than the other herds here in the south.” She pondered on even further, remembered happenings and meetings and got conflicted whether or not it was of an importance. But Gaucho was worried, and she would tell him everything if that would make the strong almighty and ascended version of her Sultan come back. “I’ve seen the new King and Queen of the Edge and their selection. I think, along with winter, they will have a lot to think about with their current situation. The Moon Goddess – mortal now or not, will need her place there, too, still.” The Edge could fight that fate all they wanted, but it would only be kept waiting on their doorstep longer. At some point they had to face it. But if only it was so easy to see.

Before her the snow continued to fall in little cushions of frost and she continued to watch them, besides the fire now also the worry of her Sultan reflecting in her eyes. Her halo softly rejecting the darkness as the frown which, had been circling her eyes, weakened. She let out a light, soundless sigh, the air from her nose going up into a cloud – and disappear.

Talking
@[Gaucho]

image credits
Please tag me 

Messages In This Thread
Half-built churches - by Gaucho - 06-18-2015, 11:05 AM
RE: Half-built churches - by Maren - 06-18-2015, 01:49 PM
RE: Half-built churches - by Gaucho - 06-18-2015, 02:27 PM
RE: Half-built churches - by Maren - 06-18-2015, 03:18 PM
RE: Half-built churches - by Gaucho - 07-15-2015, 10:41 AM
RE: Half-built churches - by Blu - 08-31-2015, 01:31 PM
RE: Half-built churches - by Maren - 09-08-2015, 03:00 PM