the Rift

[PRIVATE] Half-built churches

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz

"Thank you - for telling Gaucho."

Her eyes shifted to his gaze for a short moment, before her wings draped themselves around her cheeks again, positioning its feathers in a way to keep the most warmth inside. Then her gaze wandered to the Diviners fire. Even in the shadowed world, the flames were a spring of hope and light. They were dancing in its typical fiery pace — as she imagined it had always done, and she wondered why someone would be too cold hearted to dance along with the flames, as it seemed to be asking all the time, or be too careless to step on its singing embers.

So she took in the comment as it was, not accidentally wanting to call everyone before her unfit for the job.

“Ophelia seemed… Nice,” she noted instead, watching a snowflake pass by. She was also afraid she would bore him with a speech filled with disapproval for the way the ‘election’ of the King and Queen had been held if she started talking about the Edge. Still, she had met Mauja; thought he might have some interesting edges, indeed. But the individual was still too vague and slippery to really get a grip on.

Even though all was stark and blinding, the world was in shadows. Cold crept through her bones like an earthworm and she shivered. Her mind lost a bit of its presence, but then again it was a day for pauses and silences. “I sparred with her once.” Her eyes fell on the metal pillars sticking out of the snow halfway —  halfway done.

An old, stinging guilt crept into her mind as she watched the frost claiming the hardened metals and scattered materials. Ugh, it needed to leave. She hated guilt. The only reason she had it now was because the holiness of the project. Her golden eyes fell on the ground between her front hooves, pulled and pulled, until her crafters’ touch managed to drag a string of silver metal from the frozen ground. “I didn’t like the design, so I am renewing it,” she brought up as she shaped the little ball of liquid metal into a moderately sized Chapel. A size of which the build could be completed within a year. They would still be able to use the metal foundation they had build so far, but maybe they would need glass from the Edge. We cannot sit in shadows in the Church of Sol. “I will visit the Edge to seek out a glass-crafter for the windows and I will propose a trade if they wish for it,” she informed him in case he had something against it.

The miniature began to change as it continued to spin. “I am also wanting a lighthouse — There.(giaghkkwhere?Idunno) She nodded and pointed with one wing to a corner close to the shore, which after she added in a serious whisper: “I don’t want to get shipwrecked.” But she would make up for her selfishness with a neat design.

After this she began focussing a suspiciously large amount of her attention to twisting, forming and detailing the metal lighthouse before her eyes. “I’m…” Then she paused for an indecisive moment and let the metals sink back into the ground. She needed no miniature for this. “— I’m also planning to build a rock-garden. At first I thought for myself… But I have found that some of us can be a bit… Hotheaded and… stubborn… at times.” For a short moment she met his eyes and pulled up one corner of her lips, perhaps apologetically.

Obviously, she was still putting her hoof down when it came to the bridge. She was awfully aware that he and his Sultana needed her wisdom and if neither one was going to directly ask her for guidance, then they should have expected her to help them achieve enlightenment in another way. They just needed a subtle push in the right directions, she believed. (And perhaps then he would come to realize that the bridge wasn’t such a good deal, after all.) But then she sighed. “But I can’t work with the frost, unfortunately, so it all has to wait until Birdsong arrives, if it will ever,” she shrugged, but she sounded regretful.

image credits

@[Gaucho]

YOU DID NOT TAKE ANY MORE MILLION YEARS THAN ME, BUT I REPLIED. I felt like this was too good of an opportunity to let him know what she is planning to pass. :|
"SO BY THE WAY, IM GONNA MAKE THIS THIS AND THIS AND MAYBE THIS AND OH I WANT THIS."
^ these are the moments you notice she had the upbringing of a princess.
Please tag me 

Messages In This Thread
Half-built churches - by Gaucho - 06-18-2015, 11:05 AM
RE: Half-built churches - by Maren - 06-18-2015, 01:49 PM
RE: Half-built churches - by Gaucho - 06-18-2015, 02:27 PM
RE: Half-built churches - by Maren - 06-18-2015, 03:18 PM
RE: Half-built churches - by Gaucho - 07-15-2015, 10:41 AM
RE: Half-built churches - by Blu - 08-31-2015, 01:31 PM
RE: Half-built churches - by Maren - 09-08-2015, 03:00 PM