the Rift

[OPEN] Hours served, lessons learned?
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

GAUCHO

[@[Confutatis] Leaving things ambiguous since you didn't reply to the last two threads? No need to post! Technically this 'happened' about two weeks ago, since your guard can't go on absent for more than 5 days, which I was for my vacation! But since we're in passive mode...blech. idk. lol]

Perhaps Ampere was right. He had fought her over this and had been triumphant, but perhaps the victory only prolonged his understanding. She had said that Confutatis was a bane to the Throat, a prisoner who sapped their resources and did nothing else. In that, Ampere certainly was right. While the rest of Helovia froze, the Throat remained more than hospitable. Their afternoons were not graced as strongly by the light of their God, but nonetheless ample warmth remained in the Throat. Warmth which was extended to Confutatis, as was food, and be default, the protect of the Throat.

However with Ophelia gone from the Basin Gaucho had little reason to retain the death-masked mare any longer. Her attacks were not directly just at Ophelia, from what he could tell, and as much as Gaucho had some bizarre and unjustified desire to demonstrate chivalry towards the crimson lady who he had once tried to push off of a cliff, she had others to protect her now. She had said as much during their last meeting.

And so, Confutatis' tenure in the Throat would come to an end. The mare hadn't spoken so much as a word, nor done much of anything. Gaucho had learned that like her, her children twisted realty to suit themselves. He had offered respite to them upon his sands while their mother was imprisoned, but it was Confutatis who had declined. How wickedness inspires lies. Ahh well, it was no longer important. She would be a burden no longer.

"Leave. You here because you burden to Basin. If you become burden to any member of Throat, you will pay with more than just a vacation from the snow."

Image by Yewrezz/Nikki!
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.