the Rift

[OPEN] A light in the dark
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

GAUCHO

Elsa’s words had stuck with Gaucho. Normally the family-woes of others didn’t normally trouble his mind, but so much of what the frosty mare had said bothered him, that he took it upon himself to try and assist. With Oxy having suddenly disappeared, Elsa was left alone – gone to the World’s Edge. So much of it didn’t make sense. Why had the Addict disappeared? Why had Elsa gone to the Edge – especially when the reason for the invasion had been to escape the Moon Goddess? Gaucho knew perhaps more intimately than most how manipulative and powerful she was – and yet her herd thrived and continued to multiply. Gaucho had offered Elsa a home, and although she declined, he had asked her to watch over her children should she find them.

How did that make any sense?

Exhaling as he flew, Gaucho ignored the stream of inconsistencies and thoughts that rumbled in his mind. Not matter, he told himself with a grunt. Gaucho would give his life to protect his family and his children – the very least he could was search and extend aid to the offspring of his only friend.

Far below a sudden explosion caught his eye. In the midst of falling ice stood a dual-horned unicorn mare. She was thickly built with feathering. Gaucho recalled Elsa saying that one of her two children had an explosive disposition and a personality just like Oxy's. Was this one of her missing children? The mare frolicked in the falling ice, with a large black Hellhound at her side. As soon as Gaucho heard a string of expletives waft upwards from the mare, he decided that she very likely was the one he was after, and descended.

"Are you Oxy's daughter?" He called roughly as he strode purposefully across the field. The flames on his wings burned higher as he prepared to release a blast of fire, should she decide to explode any more of the ice around them.

Image by Yewrezz/Nikki!
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Shida Posts: 109
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 6
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 3 (ages in Birdsong) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Princess :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire Odd
SHIDA
You're doing it wrong.

"And who the dick are you?" I snapped back, looking at the wall of fire striding towards me. At first I thought he would land and just ... you know, go do some shit. But no, he marches right over to me and has the nerve to use my Da's name. Like, I don't even know where he is, but this monster somehow thinks he has the right to just ... to just use his name?! Nu-uh. No one even gets to mention him until I find out where the fuck he's gone to. And Auri for that matter. I know where Ma is - she's in the Edge with that wacko Goddess. I'm pretty much all set when it comes to mind-control and murder sprees - and-

Wait. Isn't this the fucker who killed all those folks.

Well fuck.

"So what if I am?!" I respond noticing the way his glare seemed to harden as I casually refused to answer his question. At my side Princess growled uneasily. He knew that he couldn't exactly take on Gaucho, but he figured he could have a go at the fiery bird and snake that accompanied him. If his bonded would just shut her mouth for half a second, she could just explode the ground around him and they could probably get away. Although judging by the interested and mischievous wafts of emotion he could feel from her, he doubted that was going to happen.

I ignore Princess' adamant desire to leave this place and return the fire-monster's hardened stare with one of my own.

Image by Tamme!
Ascended Helovian

GAUCHO

Well, if nothing else she certainly seemed as obnoxious and thick as Oxy could be - although she didn't appear to be on any drugs. That was one big difference - though it was one that Gaucho was glad for. The last thing he wanted to find out was that Oxy had let his children become drug addicts just like him.

"I Gaucho. Gaucho friends with Oxy ... know Elsa." He responded, ignoring her ignorance and rudeness with a simple flick of his tail. For a brief moment his stormy gaze flickered down to the Hellhound, watching it tense as their conversation continued. Grunting, he mentally encouraged both Mara and Vorsa to keep an eye on it - he knew how protective dogs could be.

"Elsa say if Gaucho find you or your sister to have you live in Throat. Throat my herd." Noticing the way her lip trembled, Gaucho interrupted what was surely going to be her next question. "Gaucho not know where Oxy is - but Gaucho look. You help Gaucho look. Maybe find sister too."

He couldn't tell what she was thinking, but he hoped that she would just come quietly. Gaucho wasn't necessarily in any mood to argue with this (literally) explosive mare, especially not after having spent the better part of a week searching for her. All he wanted was for her to just shut up and agree to follow him back - they could sort out all of the other details afterwards.

Mara slithered forward, eyeing Princess with an unimpressed hissed. Vorsa, continuing to not care about this little exchange, hooted indifferently.

Image by Yewrezz/Nikki!

Shida Posts: 109
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 6
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 3 (ages in Birdsong) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Princess :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire Odd
SHIDA
You're doing it wrong.

I am about to say something incredibly witty and funny about the way that he speaks, until he mentions that he's a friend of my Da, and that he knows my Ma. How in the hell is that even possible? I didn't know that Da had any friends - much less this towering slab of muscle and fire. And if they were such good goddamn friends, then why doesn't I-Gaucho know where he is? Why did he help us in the Invasion? So many questions, and none of them answered.

Then he keeps talking and things get even more confusing.

Why the fuck would Ma say I should live with him? It doesn't make sense ... I mean, I obviously won't go back to the Falls with thunder-cunt that mammoth asshole and his bitch dog. The Edge is ruled by a psyco bitch-goddess, and the Basin? Well ... Why not there? Little do I know that the Basin has my Da prisoner and probably have already murdered them - but if I did it would probably make way more sense why the Throat was my best option.

"Her name is Auriel." I mutter between clenched teeth. I am absolutely not fucking going to cry. My eyes are just stinging because it's cold out. Never the less, I look away from Gaucho the Giant, continuing to nibble on my lip to distract myself. I feel so fucking alone - Ma is in the land of murder, Da is gone, Auri is gone ... and I"m just ... just what? Supposed to frolic off into the land of fire, like some fucking damsel who needs to be rescued?

Well fuck it. Why the fuck not. Life can't possibly get any worse.

"Fine, lead the goddam way oh great and powerful leader."

Princess lets out a yelp of surprise at this but I ignore him. I can be fucking easy to deal with every now and then.

Image by Tamme!
Ascended Helovian

GAUCHO

Gaucho grunted in confirmation, asking Mara to remember the name should it become useful again. Something told him though that this explosive creature wouldn't let him go searching for her family alone.

Gaucho found her attitude ... annoying. Mara insisted that it was merely a defense mechanism - a way to cope with her current situation - but Gaucho wasn't pleased. Although he said he would do this for Elsa, it didn't mean that he wouldn't try and reform her children into some semblance of respectable citizens while he was at it.

"This way." He grunted, moving steadily towards where the Throat lay, hidden behind a wall of oceany-mist. Elsa hadn't mentioned that her twins were without wings - he was certain he said that the other one, this Auriel, looked like her - which Gaucho took to mean had wings. Snorting, he hoped that she would keep her witty banter to herself during their journey home.

With the tension released, Vorsa swooped from Gaucho's antlers to inspect the Hellhound. It had a burning marking on its forehead and eyes seemingly made of reddish gold. She trilled happily, sensing fire magic within it, and flitted through the air next to it as if encouraging it to play. The Hellhound eyed her and growled under his breath, clearly having no intention of replicating the playful antics of the phoenix. With a sad cry, Vorsa huffed, her small body igniting into a mass of fire, as she returned sulkily to Gaucho's antlers. Mara hissed reassuringly to the small avian, casting an annoyed steely glare at the Hellhound, who appeared to give 0 fucks about the bird's hurt feelings.

Image by Yewrezz/Nikki!