the Rift

[OPEN] I'm not crying; it's sand in my eyes

Hawke Posts: 26
Hidden Account
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 1.5 Years || Orangemoon
Hades :: Greater Sooty Owl :: None Tribs

The owl alerted Hawke to the arrival of his snow-white dam, and the little prince raised his head, eyes of crystal blue searching the face of one so heart-achingly familiar, one who, save Aelin, was his world. Something lodged in his throat, and that normally expressionless face cracked, wrinkling into the threat of tears as he moved forward, pressing himself against his dam's long legs, his face buried against her chest, gaze moving out to the water as she spoke.

He didn't want words, didn't want anything but his mother. Yet he shook his head, ears pinning back against his neck. The owl whirred softly, his deep and melodic voice soothing his young bonded's hysteria before it could even begin. The owl's black eyes darker than night and somehow so incredibly intelligent, looked up at Sohalia, as if asking for her aid.

The boy would not speak to Aelin of such things, the bird had tried, nor did he approach Rhoa, and even the owl could agree that Gaucho was by far the worst choice to go to for this.

"Why am...I..." He didn't know the word for it, for the whispered things and strange looks. Didn't know the word 'different', and his young mind couldn't wrap around the idea(still) that others didn't like him. That they moved away from him, or laughed at him(as the girl did) or burned him. Einarr had been the only adult he met that did not regard him as above.

Helpless to the confusion raging within him, Hawke looked up at Sohalia, his bright eyes such a sharp contrast to his dark face, even more so now given the sheen that glazed them, and his lip trembled as he breathed out a word, weighted with fear, confusion and anger.

"Why.

Tags; @[Sohalia]
Notes;
Other;
Image || Book

Messages In This Thread
I'm not crying; it's sand in my eyes - by Hawke - 06-18-2015, 11:40 PM
RE: I'm not crying; it's sand in my eyes - by Hawke - 06-21-2015, 09:20 PM