the Rift

[OPEN] I'm not crying; it's sand in my eyes

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies

Astraeus again offered the low, crooning note generally reserved only for the young of his own kind; it is an instinctual, soothing sound, at once beautiful and melancholy, gliding through the air between the zephyr and the boy, dancing into the auds of both the prince and his mother. It is a plea and a consolation, a promise and a request. It is a sound that had calmed the dove more than once, and she hoped that it would offer Hawke the same condolences.

His words were a knife in her heart, guilt blooming as she realized that she was the source of his pain. He was different, had always been different, taking more after her and her magic than Gaucho's fire. Where Gaucho was light and fire and brilliance, she was death and coldness and crystal. "Oh, shekhikhi... You aren't evil, you aren't mel. Yer erin." She paused, watching him as he struck a stone over and over again, his hoof almost dwarfed by it. Still, he soldiered on, pressing his pain into the rock, refusing to allow it to best him.

After a moment, the angel followed him, settling her wing across his back. "Hazi negwin vo zisat yer," she told him. "That stone has done nothing to hurt you." No, indeed - the rock had done nothing to him. She, on the other hand, had left him to carry the weight of her legacy, the only one of her offspring in whom her magic bloomed more brightly than her mate's. She had hurt him, and though it had been indirectly and accidentally, it smarted all the same.

"Did you know that I can speak with the souls of the dead? Drivat oakah?"

"Talk talk talk."
Astraeus.

Tag :: @[Hawke]
Setting :: In the Dragon's Throat, on the cliffs watching the storms brewing out at sea; daytime.
Notes :: Wearing crystallized rose necklace.
Translations ::
- shekhikhi | light
- mel | evil, bad
- Yer erin. | You are good/kind.
- Hazi negwin vo zisat yer. | That stone did not hurt you.
- drivat oakah | dead souls
you give up your soul till you break down;
subtlepatterns.com | foxyfirewings & larfsalot @ deviantart.com
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
I'm not crying; it's sand in my eyes - by Hawke - 06-18-2015, 11:40 PM
RE: I'm not crying; it's sand in my eyes - by Sohalia - 06-27-2015, 04:32 PM