the Rift

[OPEN] Let Her Cry

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik the Bloodskald

Without pain, life is not worth living

It seemed as though he'd startled this poor mare and, if he was not mistaken, she drew away from him, almost as if she were trying to burrow herself into the tree trunk behind her. Was that fear in her eyes? The Bloodskald knew he could look intimidating but was trying hard to be...gentle, for as gentle as his appearance could look, what with his scarred face and rune etched horns. Sensing the tension and discomfort vibrating in the air, Irelyn gracefully hopped down off her bonded's shoulders and came alongside the mare, curling up tightly into her chest and beginning to purr.

This brought a smile to Torleik's face; Irelyn had a loving disposition and deeply wished to comfort others in their distress. The thought made him proud that, despite his flaws, his companion had turned out with such a pure little heart. This light colored figure of pain claimed that the world hurt and the warrior poet felt he knew what she meant all too well. "The world is a rough master who cares not for individual need or want, pain or comfort - but at least, in that way, it is a fair one," he murmured. "I am sorry it is bearing down upon you now...is there anything I could do to help you? I will try, if it is within my power."

This poor, sad thing looked so frail - and his heart ached when she was startled yet again by Elsa's arrival. Keen observance brought the king to the curious theory that this mare - Jahzara - could not see out of one eye, given her craning her head around to see their newest member of this gathering. How did that happen? What had happened? It was not recent, no one in their herd responsible, he hoped...

Torleik knew little of Elsa and her personality, what made her tick, so it was with slight surprise that he watched the forungi slide to the ground next to Jahzara. Comfort on the pained one's level - an effective tactic. One that the Bloodskald was not quite comfortable with given that he didn't know this mare and that, well, it felt rather intimate coming from a man to a woman. "If it was a bother every time one of us felt strong emotion, we would be vexing one another endlessly - you are bothering no one here," reassured the king. "Much has changed here and rather quickly. I hope that I can bring some semblance of stability to our herd soon."

Doubts crept in. Could he lead? Was he capable? Had Ophelia made a mistake choosing him? He...he missed her. Seeking her out soon would be necessary - but for now, he would remain here, try to help this member of his herd.

@[Elsa]
@[Jahzara]

"talk talk talk"

Art by Veradaine @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
Let Her Cry - by Jahzara - 06-20-2015, 01:25 PM
RE: Let Her Cry - by Torleik - 06-20-2015, 01:53 PM
RE: Let Her Cry - by Elsa - 06-22-2015, 09:29 AM