the Rift

[PRIVATE] Shattered Glass

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit
Hotaru
and Alice

Like a demon cloaked in golden hues he turned to roar his rage at her, but she stood before his buffeting winds with ears rotated backwards and eyes squinted and stance firm. She weathered his rage, his accusation, and then her own snarl lit across her features like a wildfire. "And how would you know?!" she snapped, veritable with the way her ivories clicked together through the words, mane windspun and eyes gleaming like a beautiful devil before him. Contesting him at every step, forcing him into a tango where one wrong move could doom them both. He knew nothing about her, just as she knew nothing about him. It was unfair that the magnetism she felt for him was so strong, then. He riled her up, got her heart racing, and it was becoming harder and harder to say truthfully that it was only anger that sped her pulse when they came together like this. 

It became clear he wasn't really listening to her, and she faded naturally, staring imperiously down upon him. He was folded in upon himself, pacing, ruined. Physically he was lower than her in that moment, and it felt...wrong. To see him so conflicted, clawing at the confines of a cage she couldn't see, and the cavern she'd purposefully trapped him in. For a second she questioned why she was standing there at all, why she had bothered to seek him out. Hotaru knew what he was capable of, the power of his will and cunning. Surely he could have figured this out on his own? So why was she there? Why had she sought him out, why had she been concerned? Hotaru served herself and only herself, by proxy her people if only because of her crown and her reluctantly-admitted love for them. 

It was infuriating, to not know. To stand there before him, wanting so badly to pull him forcefully from this mess, and not know why. And so when he backs away, composure regained, she's taken by surprise herself from how she'd slipped into her own confusing thoughts. "And if I was?" she managed to say, brow lifted and face damning. But there was no way to explain away the softness of her voice, the nearly imperceptible tremble beneath each syllable, the breathy way it came off her tongue. Almost scared. What if you're my weakness? What if we've fucked each other up so bad we can't even see that we're each other's downfalls? Except...no, maybe he was hers somehow in a way she wasn't entirely sure of, but she certainly wasn't his. Her eyes flickered away from his in a slight tell, and suddenly she was the one who needed space, taking a step backwards away from him. 

I doubt you believe it, she thought to herself, but kept her eyes on him, mouth motionless against the words. I doubt that you think I really do need you. I don't know why I need you either, but it feels like I do. But she couldn't make herself say it, couldn't even twitch her muzzle with the sudden fear of that confession. Because that really would be showing him a weakness.

His voice is velvet and sin, even as it cuts into her. She doesn't flinch, nor does she move as he budges her out of the way. Except...she does shiver then, to feel his warmth against her own chilled hide, from where she'd been closer to the entrance. Their height difference had never seemed so pronounced, not until that moment when he brushed past her and left her breath caught inexplicably in her throat. Frozen. Unable to stop him as he brushed past her in a way she shouldn't describe as intimate in her head.

m'Lady. Her heart trembles a little at it, and she feels too hot at the suave way it comes off his tongue. God damn it, what is he doing to her? She is Phaedra's daughter, she cannot feel this way for a stallion. For anyone! But...the flat tone of his supposed joke broke her from her trance, and she turned, head twisted over her shoulder to try and meet his gaze. "It would only swallow a soul that is not similarly darkened," she whispered, trying to lie to herself that it wasn't some sort of twisted confession. A promise that he would not get rid of her and her prying, but also that he could...perhaps trust her? As much as someone like them could trust another.

And she let him leave her, standing suddenly alone and too cold in his cavern, wondering why her knees felt weak and her throat dry.

Image by Frostie-Spirits.deviantart.com
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
Shattered Glass - by Thranduil - 06-20-2015, 11:07 PM
RE: Shattered Glass - by Hotaru - 08-07-2015, 06:53 PM
RE: Shattered Glass - by Thranduil - 08-10-2015, 06:56 PM
RE: Shattered Glass - by Hotaru - 08-16-2015, 04:20 PM
RE: Shattered Glass - by Thranduil - 08-21-2015, 12:44 AM
RE: Shattered Glass - by Hotaru - 09-03-2015, 09:02 PM
RE: Shattered Glass - by Thranduil - 09-05-2015, 04:14 PM