the Rift

[PRIVATE] the world's not waiting

Erebos Posts: 474
Aurora Basin General atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1hh :: Four HP: 75.5 | Buff: DANCE
Orsino :: Plain Kitsune :: Dark Illusions & Enyo :: Common Griffon :: Draining Clutch Heather

The scion laughed, even while Orsino looked on in sheer bewilderment, enjoying the ruffle of Deimos’ ghostly caress, poignant embrace (the only one he could bestow, and he cherished it for that very reason), but had great difficulty ignoring his father’s statement. Was he truly fine? Was he made of so much stone? So many layers of marble? Is that what it took to survive in this world: detachment, reserve, appearing unaffected all the time? Was it indifference he should have been courting, instead of merriment and mischief?

He couldn’t help but think of how sad the notions were. While he chased after his friends, while he gallivanted across the countryside, while he had marvelous adventures, while he made new companions and enemies – his sire remained just the same, poised behind a wall of impenetrable rock. From what he’d seen, from what he’d witnessed, he wasn’t close to anyone or anything, save their family – and even now, it was just them. No Huyana. No Loth. And the beast before him wasn’t warranted, permitted, or granted the same freedom: for while he may have prevailed as Lord for years, for seasons, he couldn’t follow the ones he loved or craved.

What a lonely existence.

Duties stopped him from wandering into the void, into the hollow mazes, into the conundrums and labyrinths, where surely his mother and sister existed, beckoning down scholarly attributes and craving further knowledge. A herd who beckoned and called and yearned for a leader at every turn ceased him from venturing and plucking his beloved, cherished creatures back into his fold, his hold. So, as the child spoke, as he answered his father’s question, he made it a point, a reference, a guiding beacon of light amongst the bracken. “I’m well! Though, I’ve been trying to find some of my friends. Rikyn, Aithniel, Adelric – they’ve all disappeared. I thought I might attempt to locate them.” He winked, as if the notion was the best idea he’d ever surmised, then continued on in blunt recourse. “I think you need friends too.”

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
the world's not waiting - by Erebos - 06-21-2015, 01:23 PM
RE: the world's not waiting - by Deimos - 06-21-2015, 01:26 PM
RE: the world's not waiting - by Erebos - 06-21-2015, 01:28 PM
RE: the world's not waiting - by Deimos - 06-21-2015, 07:16 PM
RE: the world's not waiting - by Erebos - 07-16-2015, 04:25 PM