Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen

That is all well and good and

yes you seem a genuine one, and

true you bear the mark of us, but

tell me,

can we go to rest?

The stallion, and the confidence with which he spoke, immediately intrigued Ashamin. He listened with care, straightening his posture as he became more aware of how dwarfed he was compared to the badger-faced black. Of course, the wings and broad feathered tail did nothing to lessen that image of bravado. How strange it was that age could mean nothing for countenance and appearance of boldness. Ashamin was older, but did he feel any different?

He felt wiser, maybe. Wise enough to ask a question or two before simply letting this stranger into the herd. But at the same time... what kind of impression would that give, and was it really something Ashamin felt comfortable doing?

The painted buck nosed Lochan, letting his breath travel over the sleeping child. He had drawn his face away from this stranger--no, Caleb's--countenance with ease. If the other had no intention to return the gesture, so be it. Perhaps it was a warrior's toughness that kept him at bay. "A warrior," Ashamin echoed in reply, remembering how he had sought the same thing not so long ago. And still, he considered himself a fighter at heart. Bound to the God of the Spark and his wisdom, perhaps, but a fiery soul nonetheless. Torleik, Einarr, Zahra... they had all taught him he had the power for something greater, and the will to survive it all.

"I was a soldier here, once, but fate seems determined to ease my burdens," Ashamin spoke, his voice trailing, his mind wandering. Perhaps this stallion would spar with him sometime... once he was accepted, of course. Right, that important step. "I am Ashamin, Haruspex of the Basin. My companion...." and here his tone faded to an affectionate whisper as he looked down at the resting one, "is Lochan. If it is acceptance you seek, Caleb, then it is acceptance you and your company shall have."

Perhaps he was just easy to win over, but he didn't find a reason to distrust this one. And wasn't he to treat all unicorns with respect? This was a haven for their kind, this stallion was not to be excluded. "Come, follow me. The cold is bitter even in the morning, let me welcome you here by firelight." His voice was confident, his tone certain. Was this a front, some sort of appearance he put up for newcomers? Or was he really growing this bold?

Ashamin turned, then, revealing his gold and glittering stars as the light struck his side. His tail waved, beckoning, and his forelegs began to carry him back to the cave. Maybe it was simply the exhaustion. He was too tired to be suspicious, too tired to be anywhere but resting in his cave.

[[For @[Caleb]. Posted in rank updates to get you changed!]]

Ashamin
on his own

rainydoll-stock | webtreatsetc | larfsalot
on deviantart

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
Man and Sidekick - by Caleb - 06-21-2015, 02:36 PM
RE: Man and Sidekick - by Ashamin - 06-21-2015, 03:17 PM
RE: Man and Sidekick - by Caleb - 06-21-2015, 04:15 PM
RE: Man and Sidekick - by Ashamin - 06-21-2015, 05:04 PM
RE: Man and Sidekick - by Caleb - 06-22-2015, 12:28 AM
RE: Man and Sidekick - by Thranduil - 06-22-2015, 08:02 AM
RE: Man and Sidekick - by Ashamin - 06-24-2015, 12:21 PM
RE: Man and Sidekick - by Blu - 08-09-2015, 02:06 PM
RE: Man and Sidekick - by Thranduil - 08-11-2015, 11:28 PM
RE: Man and Sidekick - by Ashamin - 08-12-2015, 05:48 PM