the Rift

[OPEN] Man and Sidekick

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen

Despite the wisdom that one of his rank was supposed to bear, Ashamin was drastically and horribly misinterpreting the situation. He took Caleb's reticence for discomfort--Thranduil's pursuit as disapproval in the both of them. Though Ashamin had turned back to the cave, the preemptive haste of his movements forced him to turn back to the scene, to unconsciously pace. His fear was showing. His doubt, in himself and the situation he had created, were revealing themselves. It was all weakness.

Weakness he couldn't afford in the face of a leader and stranger, no, soldier. Weakness he couldn't bear.

Quickly he stopped, his body jerking forward as his movement ceased more suddenly than he had even expected. Ashamin's long tail waved at his back, the coil on it's end sparking as it brushed against the surface of snow. His legs shook ever so slightly, but it could have just been the cold. How was he going to fix this? His first time accepting someone into the herd, and there was the chance that Thranduil himself disapproved.

But an idea struck him, just as his companion kicked out and hit him in the chest with an errant hind hoof. The haruspex flinched, remembering old pains in spars, and then it dawned upon him. Caleb wanted to be a soldier, yes? And Thranduil was doubting that dedication, was he not? Then perhaps... Perhaps Ashamin could remedy that, if nothing else. "Caleb, perhaps the two of us can demonstrate for Thranduil what you seek, yes?"

The haruspex turned then from the badger faced male to the golden one, his expression earnest. "Let me stand up for this soldier, my Lord. For the rest of the season you can consider him my responsibility, and as Birdsong threatens to turn I will offer to spar against him before you, as proof of his worth."

With every word he spoke he felt himself worry about that horn and more importantly those wings, those hooves that might strike from above. It was altogether possible that Caleb would ruin him, inexperienced fighter that he was, before his leader and humiliate the herd's haruspex before an audience. But if nothing else, that would prove Caleb had what it took to fight for this herd, wouldn't it?

Or would it only prove how pathetic the painted buck was?

[[Ashamin's like WHAT DO I DO. Also sorry this is meh.]]

Ashamin
on his own

rainydoll-stock | webtreatsetc | larfsalot
on deviantart

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
Man and Sidekick - by Caleb - 06-21-2015, 02:36 PM
RE: Man and Sidekick - by Ashamin - 06-21-2015, 03:17 PM
RE: Man and Sidekick - by Caleb - 06-21-2015, 04:15 PM
RE: Man and Sidekick - by Ashamin - 06-21-2015, 05:04 PM
RE: Man and Sidekick - by Caleb - 06-22-2015, 12:28 AM
RE: Man and Sidekick - by Thranduil - 06-22-2015, 08:02 AM
RE: Man and Sidekick - by Ashamin - 06-24-2015, 12:21 PM
RE: Man and Sidekick - by Blu - 08-09-2015, 02:06 PM
RE: Man and Sidekick - by Thranduil - 08-11-2015, 11:28 PM
RE: Man and Sidekick - by Ashamin - 08-12-2015, 05:48 PM