Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
Fight the darkness,
It lives inside your heart,
It's not your fault my dear son,
It is simply your past.

A small smile at d’Artagnan’s comment, though it did not last long. No, he would not be eaten but he worried about where things were between them - what if nothing had changed? Would he still see the disappointment in those mismatched eyes? Feel the overwhelming desire to make his wings invisible so that he might fit in with his sisters? With the herd? Lucius sent not so much soothing as please be quiet thoughts his way and interrupted what may have turned into an endless stream of questions that, at the moment, did not really matter. 

The worry retreated into the back of his mind as he approached, the conversation sparked between them focusing on topics that were… normal, he figured, for two relatives that were being reunited. “I’ve been well, I moved to the Throat a couple seasons ago. Trying to find my place among either their crafters or healers.” Mesec still was not completely sure exactly where he would be the most useful… and maybe in a small way he needed to consider where he would be happiest, though he had not been good about considering such things. Always he wanted to be as helpful to others as he could, whatever personal considerations he needed to make could come afterwards. “That business with the dragon… Did you get hurt by the things unleashed from the dragon’s book? We tried to stop any of them from escaping…” Mesec’s concern showed plainly as he looked more closely at his father. There had been a lot of things for them to focus on that day in the woods and the worry about the creatures getting loose and attacking those that stood nearby and getting out into Helovia had been at the front of those worries. With both his father and Ampere standing so close to where all those ink creatures had been - Mesec well remembered the feeling of being covered in that black liquid - if they had just gotten a bit of that ink on them it would not be so bad, but some of those creatures could have proved lethal if allowed to get loose.

He was trying to think of what else had happened, but there was a lot - so much history had built up since he had last seen his father that he did not know where he should start, or if he should even bother.

There was, at least, one recent thing that could be shared with ease. “And I got a... gift from mother.” Moving carefully, he shifted his body so that when he lowered his wing it would reveal the young zephyr that now blinked angrily at the sudden presence of the bright sun. He cried out, a piercing and commanding call at his bonded’s foolish action - rolling those silver and purple eyes towards the strange pair before dismissing them. With a sigh, Mesec replaced his wings and returned his young companion to the warm shelter of feathers and body heat. “His name’s Lucius.” Despite the chastising he had just received, Mesec’s voice was nothing but fond when he spoke of his companion.

But there were questions that he could ask of his father too, and shifting back to where he had been standing before show-and-tell, Mesec’s silver eyes looked back to those of his father. He wondered then, not for the first time, if there was anything about him that he got from the Nightshade? “Are you and the… family still in the Basin? I heard rumours the herd was involved in an invasion recently.”

Mesec
Image Credits
table by Frostie
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
Flesh & Bone - by d'Artagnan - 06-21-2015, 03:45 PM
RE: Flesh & Bone - by Mesec - 06-21-2015, 08:07 PM
RE: Flesh & Bone - by d'Artagnan - 07-02-2015, 08:31 AM
RE: Flesh & Bone - by Mesec - 08-13-2015, 02:27 PM
RE: Flesh & Bone - by d'Artagnan - 08-27-2015, 07:12 PM