the Rift

[OPEN] True to Your Heart

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah
Johnny
Well, Ashamin said that he trusted me and that was all I really needed. Hahahaha just kidding, I needed some experience too and someone to tell me just what I needed to do but, for the sake of those sweet dark eyes I was going to try. Instead of saying anything in response, because my brain and mouth usually can’t work at the same time (typical male amirite?), I sit down. Just plop back on my hind legs and give my brain a minute to catch up. I had some pretty crazy ideas come into my head but I needed to do something… easy. Something I could actually accomplish and then maybe later I could do some more practicing.

I even close my eyes, so I wouldn’t be distracted, and a  moment later - I had it! “Oh! I got it.” You know, I gotta say it out loud for their benefit too. My eyes flash back open and I stand up again, shaking my tail to get rid of the chill tha that set in. “Hold on to your cute little butts let’s see if we can make this work.” Only now I realized that I didn’t have anything to work with. Like… nothing. What was I going to be making this out of? Pretty sure the snow wouldn’t hold together for very long and I wasn’t sure how this herd mate would feel about me making them a gift out of my own hair.

Naw, I’m sure they’d love it but even I understood that might be a little weird.

I’ve got a pretty sheepish look on my face when I turn to Ashamin again, not wanting to admit defeat but I needed to… put a pause on our little gathering for a moment.  “I’ll uh, be right back.” I’ve got this like… thought thing in my head about what a perfect gift would be but I needed something that was going to be pretty tricky to get. Uh, well I hoped it wouldn’t be too hard. I really hoped neither of them were following me because what was about to go down was probably going to be a little bit embarrassing.

So like, the story behind what is about to happen is pretty great but we usually like to keep it less than 700 words so we’re going to give you the Johnny’s Notes version. One day maybe I'll give you the full run down so you can really appreciate. 

You see, the spot where I had picked out to sleep - when I wasn’t trying to weasel in for a snuggle with d’Artagnan or one of the other fine specimens walking around the Basin - was a popular spot. With uh, not just horses. I picked a fight with a mountain goat family when I was there last, and they beat me pretty bad. They weren’t too impressed with a walking candy cane coming over and telling them that these particular pieces of rock were now mine. though I offered to give them a nibble in exchange. Those barbaric creatures just wouldn’t give it up!

The little ones were pretty cute but I wasn’t going to let them walk all over me just because “they were there first” and “they needed to raise their kids” and whatever other excuses they had. I, obviously, went after one of the smallest ones first which was a mistake. Because this really nasty one, there was snot all coming out of his nose and his horns could have use some a serious date with a can of some oil to get all those cracks out, actually chased me out like I was some punk. ME!

I hadn’t been back to that corner of the Basin in some time but, Ashamin needed my help and I had a feeling that this was going to be the only place where I was going to find something to help me make the coziest damn fabric you could think of - fleece.

Sure enough, when I arrive, that despicably adorable goat family is doing their goat thing, all over my would-be bedroom. Ugh! They’re totally not using the right spot for the bathroom and everything is a mess. There’s a few tumbles of wool here and there but not enough. I’m going to need to get a good chunk if I can. I’ve got my eyes on the big guy, because he’s got this huge coat and I’m pretty sure I could take a chunk right out of him and he wouldn’t even notice!!

Maybe I’m not as light on my feet as I thought, or maybe my scent gave me away, because within the next minute I was making a mad dash through their little herd - most of them already scampering higher onto the steep cliffs and the others, the ones with horns too, readying themselves to fight it out with me. I’m gathering up the little chunks of wool that they’ve kicked off here and there but I know that it’s not going to be enough - so I start chasing them.

I hope none of you are even smiling at this point because there’s nothing funny about what was happening. Nothing even remotely ridiculous about a big, angry, wool-infested goat being chased by an elegant, fragrant, unicorn who was in turn being chased by no less than 4 smaller but still angry, wool-infested goats.

In the end, I made it out of there with several new bruises and a large mouthful of fleece.

Hoping that I would find Ashamin in more-or-less the same spot where I left him, I trot back over as quickly as my pride would allow. 

“Please, don’t ask.” I mumble through the material in my mouth. It was pretty dirty, I doubted that old goat had bathed anytime recently, and I was mildly concerned about what I was contracting by keeping it in there so long. Dropping it unceremoniously on the ground, I take a steadying breath and force myself to relax - which was SO HARD relaxing is for chumps - but I manage it. I pulled on something that I had know existed since the herd meeting, a little thread that existed in my mind or wherever dormant magic waits.

Once I started pulling the fur apart, the dirt did not seem to matter so much.. Most of it fell out, shaken away as the hairs were untangled and then woven together

No one will ever need to know what I had to do to get this bundle. I made a mental note to stock up once they started shedding that thick layer in the spring.

Opening my eyes for a second, I checked on the progress and then frowned severely. “No no that’s not right!” The object that had been forming was most certainly not something that you could use to keep warm… it was… uh, some sort of harness....

Pulling it apart quickly, I find the image of what I should be making and start to weave it - using Atlas as a model “You said you wanted to help, right?” as I did so. After restarting a couple more times, I was finally satisfied with the result and turned to Ashamin, heart right there on the fleece-lined sleeves as it were, and waited to hear what he thought.  
I'm your sweet sugar Candyman
Image Credit
Table by Sevin!
[Image: Johnny%20by%20Aud_zpsi3ssx2s1.gif]
magic and physical force permitted at all times
vigorous licking strongly encouraged
please tag in all posts

Messages In This Thread
True to Your Heart - by Johnny - 06-21-2015, 08:27 PM
RE: True to Your Heart - by Ashamin - 06-21-2015, 09:08 PM
RE: True to Your Heart - by Atlas - 06-22-2015, 05:02 PM
RE: True to Your Heart - by Johnny - 06-24-2015, 08:25 PM