the Rift

[OPEN] the season may pass, but the dream doesn't die

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
Ki’irha
We used to look up and wonder at our place in the stars.

Tucked away in her cave, the midnight mare slept. No dreams raced through her head, not this day, as she just needed rest. Since her arrival here, she had been constantly moving, constantly going, and had not taken care of her own needs. So here she lay, curled in the back of the cavern she called home, and huffed quietly in her sleep.

Well, at least until the hellhound showed up.

Her ears were the first to notice the creature entering her sanctuary, and she drowsily opened her eyes. When silver eyes laid upon the beast, she scrambled up, ears back, letting out a shrill cry of surprise. It didn’t take her long to recognize the canine as D’Art’s companion, and her muscles relaxed. “Oh, Aramis, it’s only you,” she replied, her voice groggy and annoyed. “Don’t you belong with D’Artagnan?” She rubbed her knee to her face, trying to wipe the sleep from her eyes. The hellhound kept looking outside, inching further and further towards the entrance. Ki’irha rolled her eyes, giving one last yawn before she followed the hellhound. He trotted off, disappearing, likely continuing his trail of fetching soldiers one-by-one.

She made it outside to hear the last retorts of the doctor’s calling. She trotted off towards the sound of his voice. The wind brushed her hair out, and the coldness woke her bones and her mind. It wasn’t far before she came upon a small gathering of warriors. When she made it, all remnants of sleep had been stripped from her, and she came to a stop before them, a beautiful, starry warrior. Casting her eyes around, she saw she was not the first here, and was interested in learning of the other soldiers who protected this land.

She stepped closer to the stallion who had led her here when she arrived to the Threshold. “D’Artagnan,” She greeted, her voice soft like velvet. “It is lovely to see you again.”

Stepping back, she took her place among the ranks. “I am Ki’irha, a newly anointed Corporal. I was carved by a warrior, into a warrior. Since my childhood, I was taught there was nothing more important than knowing how to fight, how to protect. This land is my home, and I will fight to defend it and all we stand for.” The cobalt mare fell silent. She had many dreams, many goals, many paths that lay before her, calling her. But she always came back to her warrior roots.

She listened intently to the others who presented their reasons for joining the defense of the Aurora Basin. She noted the arrival of her Lord, Deimos. She dipped her head respectfully to him, then turned her head back to D’Artagnan, waiting for the continuation of his speech.

Now we just look down and worry about our place in the dirt.
Credits
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Messages In This Thread
RE: the season may pass, but the dream doesn't die - by Ki'irha - 06-23-2015, 01:01 PM