the Rift

[OPEN] the season may pass, but the dream doesn't die

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi
My hands are tied, my body bruised
she's got me with nothing to win and nothing left to lose

For the most part d’Artagnan said little as each arrived, offered a name and proclaimed their reasons for taking up the mantle warrior. It was much easier to address a crowd than each individual in turn, though he would like to know them personally, for now it was time for the basics. Instead he nodded to each one as they spoke, assuring them that he was listening and that more would come later. A few he knew of already, Sialia and Ki’irha, there were two he didn’t know, Sial and Caleb, of course, he knew Deimos. It was oddly empowering to have the Reaper next to him, not because of his brooding demeanour though intimidating it was; it was more of a comfort of having an old friend stood next to him. Though he couldn’t help laughing under his breath a little when he announced his title, like anyone he didn’t know couldn’t have guessed. “Deimos” he dipped his red head in welcome, leaving at that, knowing it was fruitless to try initiate a conversation with the almost mute Lord.

“Have you settled well Ki’irha?” He greeted the dark mare that he had brought back from the Threshold; glad to see her amongst the ranks.

When finally silence fell on the small gathering d’Artagnan cleared his voice to begin proceedings.

“Good. At least we’re all here with intention. I trust we will all work well together,” it sounded odd on his tongue, all this pomp and ceremony, trying to bolster moral after only looking after his own for so long. “At the moment, the Basin has no current conflicts, but this herd has history and not all of it is peaceful. Which means we always have to be alert” the Nightshade said matter-of-factly, feeling his age a little “and practise sparing each other. However not just with the soldiers here, but with the warriors of other herds too, seek out opponents of all species” it almost made him sick to say it, but there was an advantage to knowing your potential enemy.

“There will also be a roster for patrols every season, for both inside and outside the Basin. Though” he grimaced “with our current numbers we might struggle” he sighed finally. “If you happen to be in the Threshold try recruiting some more” he said wryly and with great grumpiness. Still, march on.

“Finally, my position is challengeable. You want my title then take it from me, I encourage you to do so” he taunted them happily, if one of them could beat him then the title was theirs and the more competition the better warriors he had.

“Now, do we have any questions, concerns or things I should know about” he finished, quite pleased with himself.

[ooc: Sorry this is so late, passive mode has me behind on everything >_< BUT LIQUID TIME AND ALL. If you're new to the Basin and/or would still like to join in, feel free to post!

The patrol roster I will get up once the SWP has been revealed so I know whats going on with these new lands heh. Also, if you have a none warrior but would still like to take part in patrols just PM or skype me for now and I'll add your name to the list.]

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
RE: the season may pass, but the dream doesn't die - by d'Artagnan - 08-16-2015, 03:16 PM