the Rift

[PRIVATE] promises

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Ranjiri
{
"Grief never ends, but it changes. Its a passage, not a place to stay. Grief is not a sign of weakness, nor a lack of faith. It is the price of love."

As you spoke about your companion and how he had never done anything like that before I turned to look at him. I didn't know what to say because I didn't have a companion so I didn't know how it worked. You defended him and I frowned because it hadn't been my intention to make you feel like you had to... I was just concerned. "Sorry..." I whispered, though I wasn't sure if you'd even hear me and if you did I doubted you'd even know why I was apologizing. I just hated how you seemed to deflate and how that little smile on your face disappeared when I spoke. It was actually a little painful to think that I had caused that.

“He ain’t…savage. Hell, I guess he is. In a way. Kinda like me except he’s—“

"You're not a savage..." I protested but there was something else you said that caught my attention. "Except he's what?" The way you stopped yourself made me think that there was something (else) wrong, but without you saying I couldn't be sure. But you moved on, saying that your companion had wanted to meet me so bad and that he would be so sorry when he woke up. "Second chances." I said simply. I wasn't so unforgiving that I wouldn't allow your companion a second chance to make a good impression. After all, you said he was just like you and if that was the case I was sure that I'd love him, too.

But I was ready to be finished talking about your companion so I could focus on you, mostly because I wanted to be close to you. It didn't take you long after I pressed my muzzle against your neck for you to pull me closer. I wanted to just stand like that and I wondered if I fell asleep with you holding me if I would still have nightmares. But you didn't hold me nearly long enough. You pulled away, promised me that I would like Chico when I met him and then you asked me what was wrong.

I didn't really want to talk about it because talking about it was like picking at a wound that hadn't scabbed over yet. But I figured you wouldn't leave it alone until I told you so I sighed and looked down at the ground. "Did you hear about the invasion?" I asked, though I thought it was common knowledge by now that the Falls had been taken over by the Edge. I did wonder, though, if you knew my dad had been the Falls' Czar ... or if you even knew who my dad was since we never really talked about him.

"My dad, Midas." I said so you'd at least have his name. "Was the Czar in the Falls and the Basin stole him. I know because I saw him there when I went to visit my Momma and your Ma because Mister Archibald said that your Ma was taking care of Momma because of Toto." My voice cracked when I said my brother's name, but I pressed on. "Your Ma said that I should stay because it was dangerous and I did. I gave her amulets for taking care of my Momma then they left to go and invade my Dad's herd. And he was trying to escape to go fight and protect his herd and he-"

I shook my head and I glared down at the ground as the memory of his fall played back in my mind once more. "...and he's dead... and I saw it happen. I couldn't make it stop."

"."

@[Roskuld]

Credits

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
promises - by Ranjiri - 06-22-2015, 11:48 AM
RE: promises - by Roskuld - 06-23-2015, 10:30 AM
RE: promises - by Ranjiri - 06-23-2015, 11:44 AM
RE: promises - by Roskuld - 06-25-2015, 12:47 PM
RE: promises - by Ranjiri - 06-26-2015, 12:39 AM
RE: promises - by Roskuld - 07-23-2015, 01:41 AM
RE: promises - by Roskuld - 07-29-2015, 11:35 AM