the Rift

[OPEN] Adolescent Sunrises

Eden Posts: 56
Absent Abyss atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 7
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy

E D E N

The morning was chilly and damp. It was no worse than mornings in the Basin. Eden had grown quite accustomed to them. The first snow of the day had already begun to trickle down from the sky, blanketing Eden's stomach as she lay in the meadow. She snorted as some fell to her nose. She lifted her light ashen head, blinking sleep from her golden eyes.
Eden had felt adventurous the night before and decided to journey a bit farther than she normally would. She had come across this path up a mountain and decided to follow it. She had been too lazy to go all the way back to the Basin, so she thought it would be a good idea. She thought wrong. The path was long and treacherous. Once she made it to the top she collapsed in exhaustion and fell right to sleep. She was only just now observing the land in which she had found herself in.
It was definitely a meadow. It was blanketed in snow and ice, as was just about every other land she had come across since she'd been in Helovia. Luckily for Eden the cold didn't bother her too much. This was Frostfall, though. She had a sneaking suspicion that the warmer days would come in full force. What was it her mother had told her as a foal? The colder the winter the warmer the spring or something.
The first few rays of sunlight painted the icy meadow gold, along with the rest of Eden's coat. She felt just as much at home here as she did in the Basin. She stopped her trail of thoughts to admire the sunrise. That was something she didn't do often, but now she was at a point in her life when it was okay to do so. She smiled, finally content with her existence, and placed her light ashen head upon the snow before her as she watched the sunrise.

"blah blah blah."

@[Atlas]

[Image: 55e3948091bdb]
please tag eden in all posts

Atlas Posts: 54
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 HH :: 5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Linds
Atlas

don't look away

Life outside the Basin was much more enticing than life within… The snow still fell and the wind still howled, but it was such a relief to escape the winter wonderland I now called home that they were but small aggravations in hindsight. I didn’t have to romp through ten feet of snow mounds or shiver to death while I slept, which made me question my choice to join forces with the north in the first place. At least I was surrounded with company; that was the sole reason I’d stuck around in the first and probably last place.

However, wandering through the wilds of Helovia held a certain charm now that it hadn’t before. I knew where I would return to and I knew that I would again be surrounded by –somewhat- caring faces. Wasn’t that the point of pledging allegiance to a herd? I guesses it was or at least hoped it was because I tended to be one lazy son of an expletive.

Though I hadn’t planned on venturing too far from the frozen pit called home, somehow I had managed to end up in the lovely haven that was the Heavenly Fields. The effects of Frostfall did not exempt the land from snow and ice, but the amount of “terrible white death”, as I called it, was considerably less. In fact, it was nice to amble along the mountain pass until I reached the plains just above the mist and the clouds. The view was incredible as well to say the least. It was like looking out over the whole of Helovia and wondering who else might be looking back at you…

Besides, even though I wasn’t regularly an early morning riser, there was a quiet about the place… as if one could spend their days there contemplating life and shit. Of course, I didn’t have much to contemplate considering I’d taken on the task of becoming a damned weaver. I mean, honestly, what did weavers do? I didn’t have a single creative bone in my body aside from the one only the ladies were interested in... But, even that bone was too cold to paint pictures or craft happiness.

And believe me, it crafted some happiness.

With a smile on my face –because I could amuse myself like no one else- I meandered into the fields like the wicked snake of a man I was. I didn’t have anyone to impress or delight and therefore felt no need to arch my neck or flag my tail or do anything other than slouch and appreciate the pure manly comfort of it. I’d intended to dig up some dried grass and munch on the tasteless remains of spring, but when I dipped my head to inspect a few browned stalks that I’d dug up in haste, I caught sight of a particularly rare beauty.

For a moment I paused, my head hanging low and my mouth open, before I could fully understand how the hell I’d missed the presence of the mare. I was staring pretty fixedly at her through duel-colored eyes and soon –because how could I ignore that kind of loveliness- I was approaching her with a slight grin. “Kind of cold to be making snow angels love…” I stated casually. “I’m Atlas by the way.

image credits

@[Eden]-- I'm sorry about the wait!

Run towards the stars, or make them shine. Fight the tide, until the day we die.

▌ Please tag Atlas in all replies
▌ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
▌ Pixel by DarkShadow

Eden Posts: 56
Absent Abyss atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 7
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy

E D E N

The pale, smoky colored mare was entranced by the sunrise. The sun's golden rays made the landscape look so drastically different than it did during the day. The day's cycle was one she had never taken much note of, but it was intriguing now that she thought of it. It shifted from gold to blue to all the colors of the rainbow, then to a glittering black and finally repeated itself after that. The day reminded her of a person. It's personality shifted throughout the hours, wearing a different face each time Eden looked at it. She could admire it for hours if she had the time.
In fact, Eden had been so caught up in admiring it that she didn't notice the soft thuds of hooves approaching her. “Kind of cold to be making snow angels love…” a soft gasp escaped the mare's lips. She flicked an ear back to where the voice had come from before lifting her head to look at the stranger completely. And oh boy was she glad she did. The sight that lay before her was unlike any she had seen before. It was a stallion, a unicorn like herself, but that was where their similarities ended. His coat was painted with what looked like stars and his eyes were dual colored.
A small smile graced the mare's lips as she turned to him, thinking of how he looked like one of the phases of the sky she had just been musing about. Perhaps his personality would mimic the sky as well and have both a dark and light side. The thought was provocative enough to keep Eden from moving.
“I’m Atlas by the way.” She deemed the name fitting for the stallion.
Eden laughed softly, rolling over onto her back, her golden gaze never leaving her new acquaintance. "The cold is the only time to make snow angels," she remarked. "I'm Eden by the way," her words mimicking his own, curious about how he would take her subtle humor.

"blah blah blah."

@[Atlas] No worries! ^^

[Image: 55e3948091bdb]
please tag eden in all posts

Atlas Posts: 54
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 HH :: 5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Linds
Atlas

don't look away

Staring down at such curious creatures had become something of a routine since I’d arrived in Helovia, but never before had that creature been a mare or such a fine-looking mare as this. Her coat seemed to catch all the morning light and cast it aside in small shafts of color until it bled onto the snow in a puddle of yellow, purple, and pink. There was a small golden circle that peeked up at me from the right side of her neck as she moved about, and I watched it rise and fall as she spoke. When she finally announced herself as Eden, I smiled like a foolish little boy. “Eden the snow angel,” I remarked as she rolled over to expose her underside to me. She was clever and funny… that was something I could certainly get behind. “I guess if it’s the only time for snow angels,” I replied to her former comment, “-then I should join you?

Without waiting for her answer, I knelt down slowly before dropping heavily into the snow bank alongside her. When I’d adjusted to the cold of the icy blanket of white, I turned to stare at her once more as she rolled about, intent on leaving her impression in the Fields until the next flurry. “Where does Eden the snow angel come from?” I asked nonchalantly as I watched. I wasn’t yet sold on the idea of rolling about in the mud and the muck… It just didn’t seem to be as fun as Eden made it appear. Besides, I’d underestimated how cold it might actually be. I wasn’t a fan of the driving heat in summer, but I sure as hell couldn’t tolerate the frigid winds of winter either.

Shifting, I pulled my legs beneath me so that my underbelly wasn’t pressed into the snow. I thought about just giving in and rolling onto my back with Eden, but I still possessed a small shred of self-respect and I wasn’t about to expose my star-studded coat to the mercy of winter’s touch. Instead I reached out toward the mare’s golden circle, hoping to run my muzzle along the soft slope of her neck. “I wouldn’t be so trusting of strangers if I were you,” I warned as we relaxed together. “Not everyone is me.

image credits

@[Eden]

Run towards the stars, or make them shine. Fight the tide, until the day we die.

▌ Please tag Atlas in all replies
▌ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
▌ Pixel by DarkShadow