the Rift

[PRIVATE] Where Will You Be Waking Up

Morrigan Posts: 93
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hands :: 7 Orangemoons HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Pongo :: Bongo :: None Xyroca
Morrigan

'NO! Adornez, please!'

My desperate plea went unheard as my nightmare continued, my memories torturing me with a vision of my past as I physically kicked in the sands around the Oasis. My coat was covered in a slick layer of sweat despite the freezing temperature of frostfall, dirty with sand that clung to the dampness. Suddenly I managed to awaken from my tormented slumber, rolling on to my stomach while I desperately tried to catch my breath. For a few seconds, I forgot where I was, frantically looking around to make sure that I was still safe. It wasn't until I felt the soft brush of Pongo's fur against my shoulder that I realized I was safe, and he was still sleeping soundly in a tight little ball next to me. 'You sleep like a rock sometimes...Makes me jealous.'

With a heavy sigh, I managed to catch my breath before slowly trying to stand up without disturbing my companion. Usually, my nightmares were not as frequent with Pongo next to me. How unfortunate that the occassional one would still slip through every now and then... Stepping close to the water of the Oasis to quench my thirst, I was suprised to see how pathetic my reflection looked. The mass of hair that fell around me was in tangles and full of sand, tears that I hadn't even know had been shed were dried in salty streaks on my cheeks, and let's not get started on how filthy my coat was. 'Ugh.' I snorted in shame, shaking my own crown in disapproval. I only had two options at this point, put up with the grime or take an impromptu bath in the lake.

Looking back over my shoulder to the sleeping Pongo, I smirked when I saw that he was still sound asleep. Deciding that I couldn't really be any colder since my coat was already wet from sweat, I stepped into the moonlit water's edge. Wading until it reached my belly, I shivered uncontrollably and my teeth began to chatter with every step forward. Oh, I really did not want to go any further...But she mocked me. My rippling reflection sneered at me, urging me to take a few more steps before bending my knees to dip my entire body into the water for a few seconds. For good measure, I quickly dunked my head underneath the surface before rising to my hooves. Wading in the water for a few more minutes, the chill began to reach me to the bone and I began to drag myself out onto the sands again. My body visibly shook as my mane and tail clung to my frame, and I quickly began to regret my decision.

Scarlet orbs glanced up to the soft glow of the moon above, silently praying for the warmth of the sun to come soon.

OOC: @[Bucephalus] - This will be a dream while Helovia is in Passive mode. Basically, she thinks she woke up from her nightmare but really didn't, it just changed.

[Image: spiderglowingsoftly_by_schwartze-d82gn7s.gif]

Verbal/Physical Abuse permitted, no permanently injuring or killing please.