the Rift

Fires burn riddles into the snow

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
Honey, you're familiar like my mirror years ago,
Idealism sits in prison, chivalry fell on its sword

The tossing, the turning and the excruciating wait to see faces of old etched a permanent line of distress across Sacre’s young face. He wasn’t alone, but he felt alone. Summer had gone, the hues of vibrant orange had lost their vigour somewhat, leaving winters cold touch in unsaturated splashes and a wind colder than he was used to. Once upon a time, when Sacre had been a colt of the Basin, he used to dread the coming of winter. The blizzards in the mountains made them almost impassable and stopped him from exploring further than the bleak, icy realm. Now the cold air only served as a reminder of a Frostfall prison. Free. That’s all he had wanted to be. Now he was bound to an island, cut off from the world beyond unless you had a key, unless you had permission. Nature had not adorned him in wings, nature had not thought it necessary and yet they meddled with her ways, changing the landscape and those who inhabit it, as if they knew better. It was enough to question his own sense of ‘freeness’, but life had put affable faces before him and to those souls he was bound. To those souls he would serve and protect. No longer the wanderer of the wilds, but a craftsman of the orange south. A land he had grown a strong affinity with, despite their isolation.

He travelled across the canyon land with little neither aim nor goal, his youthful blue eyes drifting over the cold snow that touched the once warm land, though he knew it was much colder north. Eventually, his thoughtless wondering brought him to a familiar figure and a flickering fire. The wings on her head still cutely sprouted from behind her ears whilst the marks of a tiger gashed proudly on her fur, where the mahogany red touched the cold alabaster.

"Hey Maren!" Sacre called when he was a few strides away to the side of her. The yellow-eyed mare had brought him back and the colt hadn’t forgotten. "Thank you for last time… For bringing me home" he garnished her in his bright boyish smile as he dipped his head in thanks. Inari and Ríona dipped their vulpine heads too as they lingered by his side.

Finally, he turned to the crackling fire to pose his last curious question. "What are you doing?" Wasn’t this the fire of the Diviner? Was she trying to summon the Sun God?

@[Maren] hope you don't mind me jumping in ^^

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
Fires burn riddles into the snow - by Maren - 06-27-2015, 04:07 PM
RE: Fires burn riddles into the snow - by Sacre - 06-30-2015, 12:12 PM
RE: Fires burn riddles into the snow - by Maren - 07-28-2015, 03:42 PM
RE: Fires burn riddles into the snow - by Sacre - 08-14-2015, 04:30 PM