the Rift

Little Talks

Elle Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

[This is my first RP post in literally years...go easy on me! :P]

There are a few things to know about the little mare, who has just come into view. The first, is that she's beautiful. This is a fact, an objective one, I'd say. She might not be your type necessarily, but one wouldn't deny that she is lovely to look at. This little mare, could have stepped right out of any story ever told about your typical white unicorn; delicately built, light on her feet, pure white with a golden hor-...wait a second. Where's the horn?

This is another thing to note about this new arrival: she is a unicorn without a horn. Not even a stub! This is a mare born of Unicorn parents, completely horn-less. Sucks for her.

The last thing you might want to know, is that she is a bitch, in every sense of the word.

Elle walked rather quietly through the glade that she now found herself in. Since leaving her herd, she hadn't really bothered to ask for directions, instead, she ran for days and days. Because of this, she was currently caked in a mixture of sweat and muck, but still her lustrous not-quite-unicorn glistened in the daylight. That, and she had no idea where she had just wandered into.

Fuck. Elle thought noticing how she didn't quite blend in with the shadows, but instead sort of ... glistened through them. She planned to role in some mud, as soon as the opportunity presented itself.

Elle hated her appearance. Subconciously, it probably reminded her of what an outcast and failure she is, being born a non-unicorn, from a full unicorn lineage. Consciously though, it was due to a few things. The first, was that men usually found her attractive. The second, was that most assumed she was nice/i>. She certainly looked like she should be. Then there was sort of a third class of equines who would try and 'understand' her, or 'give her, her own medicine' or whatever. She hated them too. One redeeming quality of Elle's; she's an equal opportunity bitch, if nothing else.

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona

The fiery copse surrounded the gold stallion as he ambled along. He had recenty spent much more time outside the Throat rather than in it, but he was also one to be on the move. He knew served the herd well with all of his patrolling, and hopefully his leader would look on him with favor. That is, if he would ever actually manage to meet the elusive matriarch. Dawning his usual look of smiling contentment, he trotted through the wood. He may not have always been content, but if he let his mind linger too much on Faelene, his mind would be clouded and more vulnerable to trouble. Maybe that's why he had been travelling so much lately. He'd more or less been throwing himself at anyone in his general vicinity lately, anything to preoccupy his thoughts.

The scent of another quickly filled his nostrils. His curious gaze lifted to the surroundings. There, in the distance, was a cream form moving through the trees. Picking up a faster trot, Leander moved in to get a better look. A tall, luminescent girl, who held radiance and femininity. Pretty, though his stubborn heart still would have preferred to be seeing a red locked Unicorn. With a wistful smile, he slowed and approached the mare. "Hello, miss." Rich chords rang out. The girl looked as though she'd been travelling for quite some time, and had no scent of another herd as far as he could tell. Most likely another wanderer, like so many he'd met here in the Threshold. With a respectful bow of his crown, Leander introduced himself to the dame. "I am Leander, a Warrior of the Dragon's Throat."

Unregistered

Here's another little fun fact about Elle - she really isn't that observant, if she isn't trying to be. Having traveled for miles, you would think stepping into an area where so many roamed, would be something that she would scent, but nope. You would also think the scent of a stallion would be something she would pick up on as well. Nope.

At the sound of Leander's greeting, Elle literally jumped with surprise. His introduction meant nothing to her, 'the fuck is a warrior of the Dragon's Throat?. She thought while sizing up whether or not she could nip at him while his head was bowed. "How nice for you". She replied, in a voice which wasn't so aggressive, but did sound so young. She also looked quite young for 4 - whatever blood her parents had passed onto her, made sure of that. Later in life, she would make use of this trait; would use her innocent appearance to her advantage. For now however, it was just bothersome.

Elle moved past the stallion, giving his wings a wider birth than necessary because, well, he had clearly been born as he should have, hadn't he? So fuck that. But where was she going? If she didn't know where the 'Dragons Throat' was, she probably couldn't know too much about these lands, now could she?

Hidden Account
Epona

For the first time since he'd been in Helovia, he was encountering someone who seemed, well, rude. The naive girl actually strode right past him, and the audacity of her behavior actually left him confused. Was this pretty little thing really that foolish? Lucky for her, he wasn't a stallion who would take too violently to her attitude. With a hardened smile, the gilded brute finally turned on his haunches and marched up beside the vixen.

"Pardon me, but I'm only trying to give you some help. I'm assuming your new here?" His normally jovial voice was now deep and cold. He had enough problems in his life already, and the urge to leave this little mare for the wolves was quite tempting. He went out of his way to help wanderers like her, the least she could do was give him the time of day. A frustrated snort escaped his nostrils. He would just have to do his best to deal with the ivory dame. Feathered hooves beat the ground lazily as he aimed to keep pace with the girl. "Look, there are a few herds here that would accept you. Dragon's Throat is one of them. You look like you've been travelling for a long time, and Frostfall is on it's way." Adding more softness into his rich tone, he waited to see what kind of response he would get. And if the girl really was crazy enough to go out into the cold of the coming Frostfall alone, then so be it. He had enough problems already, with mares who were much nicer than this one seemed to be.

Unregistered

Elle's lithe body tensed up as the stallion moved next to her. She quickly side stepped to put a bit more distance between the two - rather awkwardly actually. "Pardon me, but I'm only trying to give you some help. I'm assuming your new here?" Elle listened as the stallion snorted his frustration at her behaviour, and then, regaining some of his composure, went on about the herd he had mentioned he was apart of earlier.

Elle delicately leapt forward barring the stallions path. She landed much like a cat - head low, crouching. As she rose, although she was no where near the stallions height, she held his gaze as best she could, and smirked.

"Let me get this straight, fly-boy. Your version of 'help' is telling me your name and some unimpressive title?". Elle relaxed a little, and took a few steps back, eyeing his wings disdainfully. Her voice, now not so harsh, but merely amused, continued, "Further, you don't know anything about me, and you want me to join your little herd? How do you know i'm not a spy, here to sabotage you, and your little band?" Elle flicked her tail back and forth, clearly enjoying this - she liked playing games with others, and was actually the most pleasant to be around, whilst doing so.

"Or maybe," Elle began, taking a step closer and narrowing her eyes, in a dramatic fashion, "you're the traitor. Maybe that's why you're out here flapping around, recruiting anything with a heartbeat"

Elle stepped back again, regarding the stallion cooly. This one was...interesting. She assumed it was in his nature to be all caring and inviting - why else would he be out here? She did find it interesting however, that as soon as she appeared to reject his help initially, his agitation with her rose almost immediately.

He did have a point - the air already held a bit of chill, and would only increasing with every sunrise. Thinking this over, Elle decided that it might be a good idea to see if there was anything she needed to know about this place she had just entered, as she doubted she could find anywhere else before Frostfall. Unfortunately, it looked like she was going to have to join a new herd here, after all.

Hidden Account
Epona

The gold stallion halted with ease as the girl blocked his path. Did she have no sense of caution? Dark ochre wings tensed outward slightly, showing only a fraction of their breadth. Ivory ringed pools gazed at the out-spoken mare in a cooling stare. Apparently this young harlot had not learned any patience at all. The Gods really must have wanted to give him a hard time today. He kept a hard smile on his face, clearly a forced expression. "No, that's just my version of manners." His words were sharp; he did not take kindly to being called childish names. Where did this vixen come from, and what had made her so damned callous? Frowning, the blond stag exhaled.

An incredulous chuckle pealed from his chest. Really? Yes, he supposed it was possible for her to be a spy. But even if she was a spy and was accepted into the Throat, she probably would not be privy to any useful information for a long time. And judging by the attitude on this one, she'd probably be kicked out of the herd long before that. "What reason would I have to lie to you? I don't even know your name. I merely patrol these woods and offer a home to those who desire it, and information even for those who choose a different path." Keeping his bronze gaze locked on the pretty girl's eyes, he stepped forward to bring his full height much closer. "I am no traitor, I don't recruit just anyone, and I don't enjoy being spoken to this rudely." Hot breath blew out at the dame's pale face. "I have enough problems to deal with already, so if you're quite finished berating me for the time being, I think I'll take my leave." With that, scarred haunches turned away from the mare. If she wanted his help, she'd need to ask now. The sorrow and frustration he was dealing with due to his foolish heart was bad enough. Kri and the rest of the herd probably wouldn't take kindly to this loud-mouthed femme anyway.

[ooc: Leander will stick around if she asks for more information xD If not, he will leave her be.]

Unregistered
[OOC: Haven't decided how she's going to play this one yet...xD]

Hidden Account
Epona
(ooc: Take your time! ^^)