the Rift

[OPEN] It has begun

Hertz Posts: 42
Absent Abyss
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
Semper
H e r t z

Playing hide and seek was only fun as long as someone was looking for you. Otherwise it was a pointless game that left you hiding, alone, silent, still. All of it was so boring and sometimes even a little scary when you weren't sure if your play mate was ever going to show up. My play mate had decided that I was too hard to find it seemed, none of my friends had been around in a while and so I finally decided it was time to strike out and find new friends that could come up with better games than hide and seek, in a couple months I would finally be a year old, and my wings were finally strong enough I could fly for short distances. It was time to move on and find something better to do than roll around in the hot sand like a baby.
A harsh snort blasted through navy nostrils as I finally made up my mind that this never ending game of hide and seek was over. Maroon and orange banded wings smacked out, causing a wave of hot air to wash over my sleek frame. The childishness of my body was slowly starting to melt away to reveal muscles that would one day match the greatness of the Wildfire himself. One day I would be a grand sight to see, and others will look up to me as I did the wild dun who ruled over us. Dark rimmed harks flicked back against my skull as wings snapped out once again to catch the air that would lift me into the clear blue above me. As soon as my body was lifted from the hot sands below a wide smile broke the stony expression of my navy and bolted features. Baby blues lit up with excitement when I could feel the wind shifting between each new and glossy feather.
I had gone into hiding a small, fuzzy child, and emerged an awkward, but glossy adolescence who would grow to be a great stallion worthy of knowing.
Wings snapped, carrying me onward, circling above the great island that I called home until the strange white shape at the edge of the Island drew my attention. An invisible brow arches as the ghostly creature remains still at the boarder, was this winged creature not one of ours? Maybe a new friend that would help me discover games to further my desire to be a grand warrior? Or maybe just someone lost as shit and now stuck in the middle of a desert? Shaking my skull harshly I turned to fly in the direction of the pale bird, curious to find out who it was.

Dark limbs crashed into the hot sand a little harder than I had intended. "Shit.." The curse muttered under my breath as I righted myself, hoping that the pale bird hadn't seen my less than graceful entrance. Shaking any stray sand off of my navy frame I moved in towards the stark white, baby blues watching carefully for any signs of aggression that could possibly end in me getting seriously injured by the larger, older creature. "Who are you?" My voice cracked on nearly every word as I stopped before the tall bird, showing even more evidence of my youthfulness. The stranger would probably laugh in my face and ask for an adult to greet them into our wonderful land, but that would be difficult as I hadn't seen one around yet today and if I screamed the pale one would be greeted with spears and fire rather than smiles and welcomes.

"Speech"
tag ;; @[Roland]
words ;; Six Hundred and Five
notes ;;Sorry! Hope you don't mind me dumping my little brat here <3
Image Credits!
Please tag me in all posts!

Messages In This Thread
It has begun - by Roland - 06-30-2015, 01:28 PM
RE: It has begun - by Hertz - 07-10-2015, 02:28 PM
RE: It has begun - by NPC - 08-08-2015, 10:38 AM
RE: It has begun - by Roland - 08-08-2015, 01:59 PM
RE: It has begun - by NPC - 09-05-2015, 04:18 PM