the Rift

[OPEN] Nah nah honey I'm good

Zèklè Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 8.0 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 14.1 :: Three HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
charks

He'd gone out into the snow again, because it was cool (haha, get it?), this time with only Squishy for company. Zero had learned quickly that Squishy made a rather good conversation partner- sure, he didn't say anything, but he sure did seem to listen attentively. Something about the emeralds that made its eyes; Zero felt like Squishy really cared, y'know? For some reason it had been a long time since the boy had seen the other kids of the Throat, and it was nice to have someone to spend his time with, even if it was just a giant rock. At least rocks were friendly. Not like some of the grown-ups who just wanted him to get out from underhoof, not like- like- like Gaucho.

Zero had begun to realize that he had a lot of feelings about Gaucho, and Squishy seemed interested in hearing them. So they talked.

Jovially they tramped through frosty sand, making their way in a generally North-ish direction. That seemed like the way to go if you wanted to find snow (which there really wasn't much of at home, though why was entirely beyond him). So distracted was the little lightning that he didn't realize he'd reached a forest until the trees grew black above him. He'd paused abruptly, grunting as Squishy bumped against his hocks- "Watch it!" Zero admonished loudly, scowling playfully at his mineral friend. "You're really not squishy for sum'un named Squishy, y'know." A lopsided grin cut his face, pleasure at his own joke growing in the boy, and he turned a critical eye to the trees, hunting for any sign of familiarity. He'd been in this forest before, he was sure of that, but whether it was the one to the east or the one to the west or maybe an entirely new one to the south-west-north (HOW AWESOME WOULD THAT BE?) was quite beyond the boy.

He shrugged, largely unconcerned. He was sure to find his way back eventually. Somehow, he always did. Besides, this was an adventure, and maybe if it was especially exciting he could even get Ma to listen to the story of it, and impress - ugh - Gaucho.

"Not that I wanna 'm'press him," Zero clarified quickly, sensing mockery in Squishy's gaze. He furrowed his wing, defensive. "You can stop that I jus' wanna prove I don' need a Da is all. If he even is my Da," he added.

Squishy's expression did not change.

The boy huffed.

Luckily, the sound of twigs cracking and distant voices cut the air before an argument could begin. Zero started, spreading his wing as he shied into a tree, and winced. Of course, his distress was as short-lived as ever; ears pricked up from their bed of messy mane and the boy strained forward to see figures in the trees, sunbeam eyes peering intently in what may have been entirely the wrong direction. He thought he saw a shadow through the faint snowfall which managed to slip between the trees, and though part of him realized that maybe it was a shadow, the rest of him was undeterred. Maybe it was Isopia! Or that crazy girl with the lizard! Or a new friend altogether! Eagerly the boy cried through the trees, brassy voice muffled by the heavy winter air: "Hey! I see you! Wat'cha doin'?"

And then, as an afterthought, "It's me, Zero!"

OOC;; HO HUM WHAT DON'T MIND ME
TAG;; @[Camon] @[Zahra]
Image Credits
- table by Niki -

Messages In This Thread
Nah nah honey I'm good - by Camon - 06-30-2015, 09:32 PM
RE: Nah nah honey I'm good - by Blu - 08-09-2015, 03:24 PM
RE: Nah nah honey I'm good - by Zahra - 08-10-2015, 10:42 PM
RE: Nah nah honey I'm good - by Zèklè - 08-10-2015, 11:52 PM
RE: Nah nah honey I'm good - by Enna - 08-11-2015, 02:19 AM