Wicka Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
W
I
C
K
A

The world was frozen in shades of whites, blues and greys. Trees stood bare, creaking and straining under the weight of the snow that covered them. All was quiet. It was in this winter wonderland that a figure moved swiftly through the trees, without sound. It was a lady, one that seemed to be made of snow, matching in colour and even in that bright, reflective glow. She carried on through the trees, leaving only faint tracks to be followed. But soon they too will be snowed over. She was sweating, and her flanks were heaving, but still she kept on trotting, determined to find something, anything.

Finally she slowed, and came to a stop by a stream. She could hear it running, but a thin layer of ice coated the top. She gazed around puzzled. Never had she known a winter like this, never has she been so cold. Steam rose from her coat as she stood perfectly still, and when it seemed that she had become invisible, swallowed by the snow, she moved again. She carried on upstream, not bothering to be quiet as dead sticks and leaves under the snow crunched under her petite hooves.

After a while she came to a part in the stream where a little waterfall was formed, and there was no ice. She lowered a half pink, half black muzzle and drank, but only a little, as the water was freezing. Her frigid form took off at a brisk trot once more, half of her face a dark stain in the endless white of the world. Once again she stopped, her horn as glossy as any glacier might have been, and pale blue pools scanned the landscape. She decided to wait there, next to the stream. And if no one came, or nothing happened, she would wait till the next day. She would wait for the next month, year, decade. She would wait. Maybe not always in the same spot, but she will wait still.

Speech

Image Credit

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
Tiamat
like the ocean kissed the sky

A shiver runs the length of Tiamat’s spine, prickling her skin and tickling her bones. Frostfall is not particularly kind to a mare built like herself—hardly accustomed to the cold and harsh winds. But she can’t complain too much—the brilliant white of the snow, glittering beneath the sun’s luminous rays, is certainly a beautiful sight. Breathing in deeply, her chest swells with pleasure—pleasure with life. Deciding that she is too cold and restless to stay still for long, she kicks up her heels into a brisk canter, weaving her way through the woods of the Threshold. The wind whistles as it blows through the hollows of her horn, singing a poignant song that echoes in her ears.

Bursting through the trees, the ocean mare forces herself to a halt, her flanks dipping low to the ground as she does so. With bright eyes, she watches as the momentum of her body sends a spray of snow spewing from her cloven hooves, reaching to land in little puddles on the thin ice of the stream’s surface. Tiamat giggles delightfully to herself, shaking her ornamented mane out as she strides to its snowy banks. “You look cold, brother,” the unicorn says with playful laughter in her voice, the white plumes of her breaths billowing out over the frozen surface as she lowers her muzzle to inspect it.

A moment passes before—unexpectedly—a pink tongue flashes from blue lips to lick quickly over the ice-covered water. Why? Just, because—does there need to be a logical explanation for everything? (Now where’s the fun in that?) Jerking her head back at the bitter chill that suddenly stings her mouth, Tiamat snorts to herself, shaking her head and smacking her lips. “Well played, brother dear, well played,” one side of her brow rises in mock skepticism, but of course she can’t hold it for long and a smile breaks across her lips to light her features again.

Flicking her generously-plumed leonine tail out behind her, the blue mare raises her head and allows her gaze to wander idly up the shoreline. She nearly misses the mare, perched not far away at the stream’s embankment—if it were not for slight movement (or the patch of black that she now distinguishes from the bark of the trees), Tiamat likely would have overlooked her altogether. Grinning and tucking her head in towards herself in the silent display of a decision, the ocean mare trots through the thick powdery snow, her movements as fluid as rain flowing over rocks.

“Hi there!” She calls out to the stranger, coming to a smooth halt at her side and giving her a friendly smile, “Cold day, isn’t it? It’s a good thing Frostfall is so pretty.” Tiamat laughs lightheartedly, her wispy breaths billowing and white eyes roaming for a moment to the frosted woods around them. At least the sun is shining—lately, it seems like their days are darkened more often than not. “Mind if I join you?” Her tone is hopeful but nonthreatening; she understands the need for some alone time every now and then, although she personally wouldn’t pass up the opportunity to make a friend (or share body heat, in a season like this).

notes; Welcome to Helovia! Let me know if you'd like to be tagged:) if you have any questions feel free to ask, I'm fairly new here myself but people are pretty helpful!
tag;
@[Wicka]
“Speech.”
image credits
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Unregistered
W
I
C
K
A

The mare stood, lost in thought. she was thinking about everything, yet nothing, she gaped at the world around her, yet she did not look. She sighed to herself and tried to admire the glossy shine of the ice, the soft appearance of the snow, but her mind kept wondering. To what? She was not quite sure.

Suddenly a voice sounded, and she turned and fled for a few paces before stopping abruptly. The voice was sweet and cheerful, and held no threat. She turned and faced the mare from which it came from. Wicka frowned, as if puzzled; the mare was blue. Like the sky, like the ocean, like the flowers in spring. Never had she seen anything like her. Sure she had seen blue markings or manes and tails. Even blue horns. But she had never seen a horse that was completely blue.

Not meaning to be rude, she looked away, gazing at nothing in particular with her own blue eyes. But then the mare speaks again, and Wicka looks at her, ears tipped forward. Yes, the world was pretty, and this time she looked, admiring all the things she did not notice before. She simply smiled in agreement, as she was not yet sure how to respond to the cheery soul before her. The mare asks whether Wicka would mind if she joined her, and the milky mare frowned, confused. Joined her for what?

"Yes, I suppose that is alright," she said smiling warmly, but the smile never seemed to reach her eyes. She gazed curiously at the mare once again, her eyes shining.

"If you don't mind me asking, what is your name?" Wicka spoke again in the calm but warm way that she did. Her frigid form moved again, and she wandered over to the stream once more, her tail swishing. She lowered her muzzle and let the freezing water slip down her throat.

Speech @[Tiamat]
OOC; If you don't mind, tagging would be lovely ^.^. I won't be here for the next five days, so I won't be replying <3

Image Credit

Tiamat

The blue mare’s brow knits together in confusion when the other unicorn dashes away at the sound of her voice—as though she is frightened or alarmed by her approach. “Wait—!” Tiamat’s first instinct is to run after the white mare and assure her that she means no harm, that she wouldn’t dream of hurting anyone, but after a step or two she manages to catch herself. Perhaps charging after someone who flees from you is not the best tactic to assure them that your intentions are good; it might just make things worse. So even though her muscles are tense from the desire to follow, she remains lingering by the stream’s snowy banks, her pale eyes following the blur of the stranger.

Her hopes are satisfied when the white mare slows and comes to a halt not far away, her slender frame erect as she turns and looks silently to Tiamat. The ocean mare smiles brightly at her. She doesn’t wholly understand the confusion that is on the stranger’s face, but she doesn’t dwell on it—her coloring would likely be one of the last things she’d consider odd in this bizarre world. As a child of the sky and a daughter of the ocean, it is only natural for her to inherit their sapphire hues. In any case, she has hardly noticed the difference.

Her long leonine tail twitches out behind her, the smile on her lips broadening in its friendliness when the other mare accepts her company. “Thank you,” Tiamat says kindly, wanting to usher the stranger closer again—so childlike in her trusting of others, uninhibited in her acceptance and ignorant to the dangers that some strangers pose, her mind unable to conceive the dark possibilities. She assumes only the best intentions, and it is no different with the alabaster mare before her now. Is it not enjoyable to simply enjoy another’s company at times?

When the other unicorn speaks again, her composed voice contrasting her rigid posture, Tiamat tilts her dainty ears forward. “Oh! Of course, I’m sorry,” the ocean mare laughs lightly to herself—how impolite of her to forget to introduce herself!—before tucking her head in towards her chest with a soft grin, “my name is Tiamat; I’m from the Aurora Basin. What’s yours?” Her white eyes twinkle merrily beneath the sun’s glowing light, not unlike the glittering snow that sparkles around them and through the wood. She doesn’t expect her newfound companion to recognize any names such as Aurora Basin, but she can’t be too hasty—for all she knows, this is not the stranger’s maiden venture into this world.

With bright eyes she watches as the white mare advances close again, stopping where she had been before to lower her lips to the icy waters. Tiamat follows suit, her throat dry from the cold air of her run (and her mouth still stinging a little from her curious antics earlier). The water chills her stomach but feels good against her parched throat, and silently she thanks her brother for his kindness before raising her head to its natural height. “Are you new to Helovia?” The ocean mare inquires pleasantly of the white unicorn, her cheerful tone curious and nonthreatening.

notes; Not a problem!:)
tag;
@[Wicka]
“Speech.”
image credits

Unregistered
W
I
C
K
A

Wicka stood, her frame frozen as snow began to lightly fall before landing on her rump and melting away. She shifted uneasily; she had experienced snow before, but only for a few brief moments at a time. She did not like the cold, much less the snow, although the white powder was quite beautiful and intriguing. Her blue eyes stay trained on the other mare in a cool and measuring way. She was having trouble reading the other mare....surely she wanted something. Wicka had never met a soul that was pure, never had she stumbled upon someone of clean intentions. But this little mare before her seemed to be completely free of ill thoughts, perhaps even clean of evil itself. But everyone had some evil, right?

The blue mare introduced herself as Tiamat, and the frigid mare simply nodded and paused before providing her own name. "Wicka. It's a pleasure to meet you," she replied, and gave a soft smile. "What's the Aurora Basin?" she asked her next question with a hint of curiosity. She assumed it to be a herd or a territory of some sort, but asking couldn't hurt. It was best to find out as much as she could now, so she would be prepared if she stumbled upon anyone else in this land. A shiver ran down her spine as a cold breeze lifted her mane and wove through her tail. "Are your winters always this cold? I'm not particularly fond of the cold," she said with amusement dancing in her eyes. She decided that she would trust this mare, as it was really her only option at that moment. She didn't seem to bad either. She also seemed to be at the same age as Wicka, which had it's advantages.

The frigid mare relaxed visibly, and snorted dragon's breath into the cold air. Her eyes seemed to shine a bit brighter too, but she continued to gaze at the world with indifference.

Speech @[Tiamat]
OOC;

Image Credit

Tiamat

The white wonderland of Frostfall envelopes the two mares in its icy grasp, exhaling its frosty breath down their backs. Tiamat shivers slightly against the cold, hesitating for a moment and looking to the other unicorn before shifting her weight a little closer. She doesn’t mean to be creepy or anything, but perhaps some proximity between them will help them bear winter’s weight. With an ear shifting she feels an icy drop against her forehead, and lifts up her face to her mother sky. Why it’s snowing! Or trying to, anyway. The blue mare exhales in a wispy breath, sighing blissfully before lowering her face.

Tiamat has her dainty ears tilting forward again, her white eyes resting gently on the similarly pale mare, her blue lips twisting into a soft grin that quickly widens when her newfound companion introduces herself as Wicka. “It’s a pleasure of mine as well, Wicka,” the ocean mare assures her warmly, the soprano of her voice chiming through the air like the velvet shower of rain, welcoming and kind despite the cold and frigid beauty that surrounds them. That is her way, after all, to be so accepting and open to others—Tiamat knows no different, and does not wish to. She is blissfully innocent, like the first light of dawn, pure and bright as it pierces through the blackness of nightfall with its gentle beams.

When the white unicorn inquires somewhat curiously about the Aurora Basin, Tiamat’s features immediately lighten, white teeth flashing brilliantly beneath winter’s plumy light in her merry smile. “It is my home—a beautiful and wondrous place,” the ocean mare’s voice lilts happily when she speaks of her home, a place like no other, a place that she wishes to never have to leave again—it is her home after all, her haven, good in its qualities as far as she is concerned, and she loves it. “It is one of the herd lands here in Helovia—this place that you have stumbled upon,” she continues, taking Wicka’s question as a confirmation of her recent arrival here, “it’s located to the North, and nestled in a valley in the mountains.”

Tiamat smiles generously, her sparkling eyes brightening (if it is possible) from the talk of her homeland. However, her demeanor sobers just slightly when Wicka voices a second question. Tiamat shifts her weight, her cloven hooves crunching softly in the icy snow as she does so. “Honestly, this is my first winter in Helovia—or Frostfall, as it’s referred to around here,” the blue mare admits rather bashfully, sheepish that she can’t give more information and continues, feeling the need to explain herself.

“I came across Helovia myself many years ago, but unfortunately had to leave for personal reasons. I’ve only just returned to the Aurora Basin at the beginning of the season,” her plumed leonine tail flicks out behind her, her confidence beginning to return and she stands comfortably once again. Tiamat will not lie to Wicka, of course, but possessing satin skin and a slender body herself (and growing to enjoy Frostfall), she hopes the white mare won’t be discouraged by the frosty weather. “Being in the mountains, the Basin gets rather cold, but I can assure you as a fellow friend not-built-for-the-winter that it isn’t unbearable—there are caves to take shelter in, fires to keep you warm, and hot springs to thaw your bones. It’s quite lovely, actually, and safe,” Tiamat breathes contentedly, nodding happily to herself.

notes; I have family over, so I likely won't be able to reply again until sometime on Monday or Tuesday! (unless I manage to sneak away for a bit haha)
tag;
@[Wicka]
“Speech.”
image credits

Unregistered
W
I
C
K
A

Wicka stood quietly as she listened to the other mare talk. She had noticed her shifting closer before, but she didn't mind; she was fairly certain this mare wouldn't try and hurt her or anything of the sort. She too, shifted her weight closer, shivering against the icy fingers of winter caressing her coat. The falling snow landed on her briefly before melting and running down her coat in icy trickles. She learns that Tiamat is rather new to this strange land as well, and she nods her head thoughtfully. The blue mare had a sweet voice, like warm honey on a summer afternoon.

But Wicka's dainty ears quickly tilted forward as the other mare explained that it was cold in the Basin, and a shiver ran down her own spine. She despised winter, but here in the snow it seemed to be even worse. But, apparently there were ways of keeping warm, and her two-toned head nodded appreciatively. The daylight was fading slowly, and Wicka knew that soon the world would be painted in gold, and all would be at peace in that hour. All her life she had appreciated the golden hour, and she felt a hint of excitement deep within her.

She stretched her velvety nose to Tiamat in a silent plea to get moving, for she could feel the cold making it's way into her bones. And besides, her mother had told her long ago that when it was snowing, she should not huddle with other horses for warmth, but rather keep moving, or risk being snowed in. She could picture herself trapped in a hole in the snow, slowly starving and rotting away. "Shall we go there then? I wouldn't mind a little warmth. Perhaps I'll like it, and stay with you in this...Basin," she spoke slowly, as though she was thinking intensely.

She then proceeded to stretch herself, silently praying they would go.

Speech @[Tiamat]
OOC;

Image Credit

Tiamat

At first, the ocean blue mare is worried that talk of the snow and mountains will discourage Wicka completely, however, all of her worries are dashed when the pale mare nods her head, seemingly appreciative of the information she has been told (and at least not appearing disheartened, if nothing else). Taking this as a good and promising sign, Tiamat’s smile becomes more prominent in her happy confidence. This feeling grows and blossoms in her breast when Wicka extends her muzzle to her. Understanding it to be a cordial, if not friendly gesture, the blue unicorn returns the offer, her warm breaths wafting in hazy white clouds as her skin brushes against the others.

Tiamat loves making new friends—there is no doubt about that—and she does believe herself to be fortunate this day, finding a confidant in her newfound company, and what she hopes to be the budding of a new (and lasting) friendship. Perhaps that is why there is an illuminating light to her already bright eyes when Wicka suggests returning to the Aurora Basin. The blue mare’s heart leaps in her chest and she nearly feels as though she can fly—how wonderful it will be to not only share the beauty of her home, but to also have companionship on the journey!

Wicka’s hopeful and silent plea is met with a jubilant and genuine delight. “Of course!” Tiamat exclaims happily, her slender body quivering with a whole new sensation that is not caused by winter’s cold frost. She shakes out her mane as the pale mare stretches, the shells and seaweed decorating her blue locks rustling and chiming against one another, adding a sound effect to the elation that brightens the unicorn’s cheerful gaze. “I wouldn’t mind a little warmth myself,” she giggles breathlessly, throwing her dainty head in an enthusiastic motion as if to beckon Wicka to her side, “follow me!”

And with that, Tiamat is off, dancing blissfully through the snow.

notes; Yay! I will make them a topic in the Basin! You just need to contact an admin to get Wicka's rank changed from unclaimed to outcast so you can post outside the Threshold:) (I'll try to see if I can track one down for you too!)
tag;
@[Wicka]
“Speech.”
image credits