the Rift

She does not trust your golden words.

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
Tiamat
like the ocean kissed the sky

The white wonderland of Frostfall envelopes the two mares in its icy grasp, exhaling its frosty breath down their backs. Tiamat shivers slightly against the cold, hesitating for a moment and looking to the other unicorn before shifting her weight a little closer. She doesn’t mean to be creepy or anything, but perhaps some proximity between them will help them bear winter’s weight. With an ear shifting she feels an icy drop against her forehead, and lifts up her face to her mother sky. Why it’s snowing! Or trying to, anyway. The blue mare exhales in a wispy breath, sighing blissfully before lowering her face.

Tiamat has her dainty ears tilting forward again, her white eyes resting gently on the similarly pale mare, her blue lips twisting into a soft grin that quickly widens when her newfound companion introduces herself as Wicka. “It’s a pleasure of mine as well, Wicka,” the ocean mare assures her warmly, the soprano of her voice chiming through the air like the velvet shower of rain, welcoming and kind despite the cold and frigid beauty that surrounds them. That is her way, after all, to be so accepting and open to others—Tiamat knows no different, and does not wish to. She is blissfully innocent, like the first light of dawn, pure and bright as it pierces through the blackness of nightfall with its gentle beams.

When the white unicorn inquires somewhat curiously about the Aurora Basin, Tiamat’s features immediately lighten, white teeth flashing brilliantly beneath winter’s plumy light in her merry smile. “It is my home—a beautiful and wondrous place,” the ocean mare’s voice lilts happily when she speaks of her home, a place like no other, a place that she wishes to never have to leave again—it is her home after all, her haven, good in its qualities as far as she is concerned, and she loves it. “It is one of the herd lands here in Helovia—this place that you have stumbled upon,” she continues, taking Wicka’s question as a confirmation of her recent arrival here, “it’s located to the North, and nestled in a valley in the mountains.”

Tiamat smiles generously, her sparkling eyes brightening (if it is possible) from the talk of her homeland. However, her demeanor sobers just slightly when Wicka voices a second question. Tiamat shifts her weight, her cloven hooves crunching softly in the icy snow as she does so. “Honestly, this is my first winter in Helovia—or Frostfall, as it’s referred to around here,” the blue mare admits rather bashfully, sheepish that she can’t give more information and continues, feeling the need to explain herself.

“I came across Helovia myself many years ago, but unfortunately had to leave for personal reasons. I’ve only just returned to the Aurora Basin at the beginning of the season,” her plumed leonine tail flicks out behind her, her confidence beginning to return and she stands comfortably once again. Tiamat will not lie to Wicka, of course, but possessing satin skin and a slender body herself (and growing to enjoy Frostfall), she hopes the white mare won’t be discouraged by the frosty weather. “Being in the mountains, the Basin gets rather cold, but I can assure you as a fellow friend not-built-for-the-winter that it isn’t unbearable—there are caves to take shelter in, fires to keep you warm, and hot springs to thaw your bones. It’s quite lovely, actually, and safe,” Tiamat breathes contentedly, nodding happily to herself.

notes; I have family over, so I likely won't be able to reply again until sometime on Monday or Tuesday! (unless I manage to sneak away for a bit haha)
tag;
@[Wicka]
“Speech.”
image credits
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Messages In This Thread
She does not trust your golden words. - by Wicka - 07-03-2015, 09:58 PM
RE: She does not trust your golden words. - by Wicka - 07-05-2015, 02:23 AM
RE: She does not trust your golden words. - by Wicka - 07-12-2015, 12:46 AM
RE: She does not trust your golden words. - by Tiamat - 07-12-2015, 03:56 AM
RE: She does not trust your golden words. - by Wicka - 07-18-2015, 09:11 PM