the Rift

[OPEN] sleigh bells ring

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
It is true—Tiamat is a child at heart. Her heart, her mind, her very being is incredibly innocent, pure even, and childlike in her understanding of this often cruel and darkened world. It is this naivety that saves her, that makes her all that she is. It is with this same unfeigned, simple beauty that she grins at the black stallion, her white eyes sparkling and her grin widening at his compliment.

Tiamat does not believe in false, contemptuous praise, but certainly there is no harm in giving what approval has been earned—good deeds and pure hearts should be acknowledged and commended for their kindness, she believes. She gives such appreciation freely herself. Why, then, should she not accept it? “Aw, thank you Nox! I really appreciate that, I want to be friendly,” she tucks her head in towards her chest, somewhat bashful, her grin curling her lips more prominently before she continues. You can be just as bright, you know. I can tell,” her grin crooks into something that is slightly playful, but there is still a seriousness to her expression.

The blue mare sincerely believes that anyone and everyone can have the light and innocence of a child, and she genuinely believes this of Nox as well. So what if he’s a little rough around the edges, or all scarred up? Scars don’t necessarily mean a life of mistakes and darkness, sometimes it’s a life of war and love, protection for family and honor, and that is respectable indeed. And besides, he has yet to give her a reason to believe in him otherwise—her faith, she would like to believe, is stalwart and difficult to shake.

With awe in her eyes, Tiamat watches as Nox bows his neck downward, angling his head so that one of his large, black horns etches details into their little lump of a snow puppy—creating for it a darling little face and what could be adorable floppy ears. The ocean mare’s features light up with joy at his performance. “Wow! That is amazing, you’re very talented,” she crows gleefully, flashing him a wide grin, “Where did you learn to be so coordinated? I’m sure you can put that to good use around here.” Tiamat thinks of the weavers and builders of Aurora Basin; all of their magnificent abilities amaze her.

She glances around when Nox mentions small things for the eyes and nose. “Good idea…” she murmurs, trying to find something that stands out against the whiteness of the snow, her voice growing louder with excited anticipation, “It’s going to look so cute!” She giggles merrily, shifting her weight as her gaze wanders around, although her attention is quickly drawn back to the stallion when he continues, explaining his history with the Basin. “And having fun, right?!” Tiamat snaps her head back to him, her crooked smile matching her head as it tilts playfully to the side in buoyant jest.

“You’re too kind, my dear friend. I’m glad to see you here—it’s nice to be with handsome company,” her words roll easily from her tongue, wanting him to feel as special and appreciated as she does—as everyone should to be. Flicking the length of her long leonine tail, and rustling the seaweed and shells as she does so, Tiamat shifts her weight back, standing comfortably as her expression sobers a little. “I haven’t been in the Basin long, either—technically, I suppose. I arrived many years ago, but had to leave. I’ve only just returned at the beginning of the season,” she nods happily to herself, her eyes roaming to the white-capped peaks and snowy mountainsides, “It’s a beautiful place, I’m glad to be back.”

As her eyes wander, Tiamat notices three small things—two little rocks and a nut. “There we go!” She exclaims heartily, moving to pick up the finishing touches in her lips and placing them in the snow between her and Nox. Picking up the stones, she sets them carefully for the snow puppy’s eyes, looking back and satisfied with the result (even if the stones aren’t the exact same size, he’s still pretty cute). “I think this little guy is coming along wonderfully! Here—do you want to finish it?” She nudges the nut closer to the black stallion with a cloven hoof, smiling.

notes; so cute! Haha
tag;
@[Mortuus Nox]
“Speech.”
And at last I see the light.
image credits
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Messages In This Thread
sleigh bells ring - by Tiamat - 07-09-2015, 07:06 PM
RE: sleigh bells ring - by Mortuus Nox - 07-10-2015, 12:22 PM
RE: sleigh bells ring - by Tiamat - 07-11-2015, 02:37 AM