the Rift

[OPEN] sleigh bells ring

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
The blue unicorn’s eyes light up with excitement when the black stallion agrees to teach her how to create artwork like his, her smile broadening across her lips and her head rising in anticipation. However, her demeanor sobers a little when he continues, explaining that he seems to have been largely isolated in the past, due to his rough outward appearance (which is less than sunshine and flowers, she’ll admit, but truly that means little when looking into the honest character of someone’s heart). Even if Tiamat were aware that he is only playing along with some of her bright antics, he is trying, and that is more than enough for her.

Flicking her dainty ears forward and exhaling a white breath that pools around her lips before slowly dissipating, she offers the horned stallion a softer, more earnest smile. “I’m sure they don’t mean anything by it…maybe they’re just intimidated. A body of scars doesn’t necessarily send the message of ‘peace’ after all, but it certainly doesn’t have to be a bad thing. It can be a very noble thing,” Tiamat gives a little, reassuring nod of her head, her voice sincerely honest and genuine in her want for him to feel accepted—surely, no one likes to feel like they’re an outcast.

“I enjoy your company, Nox, and I hope to see you again. I’m excited to learn how to make one of your pictures!” The young mare’s grin is wider now, growing in the confidence of her enthusiasm, and an airy chuckle chimes from her lips. She doesn’t intend to forget about his offer any time soon—certainly making art is fun in any form—and Nox is definitely pleasant to be around. Tiamat is nothing but honest in her claims of his companionship. In any case, what kind of friend would she be if she doesn’t seek him out again? They share the same home, so they are bound to cross paths again whether they wish to or not (and she has every intention of familiarizing herself with the many others who reside in the Basin).

Flicking out the length of her long, generously plumed tail, the ocean mare shifts her weight, settling more comfortably in the bitterness of the snow. “I’m confident others would say the same if they took the time to talk to you. It’s nice to just talk sometimes,” she gives him a lingering smile before allowing her white eyes to wander a little bit from the stallion’s face, her gaze trailing upwards and outwards through the large snowy valley. The bite of winter has silenced it with its white blanket, but she imagines that she can see everyone else, huddling in their caves or clustering together in the warmth of the hot springs. It is always a familial gathering in her mind, of course.

Her attentions focus again on the horned stallion when he agrees with the name Boots for their little snow creation, although her eyes are drawn away once more by movement. Movement? “Oh my goodness—look! Tiamat exclaims incredulously, her eyes widening. Boots is moving. What? All she can do is watch, dumbfounded, as their snow puppy comes to life. It is not a quick process, but undoubtedly astonishing, and she only seems to find her breath again when the snow puppy tumbles backwards. “Aw, how adorable! Hello little guy,” the ocean mare croons with a smile when Boots pops back up again, barking his breathy yelp and running around their legs (she is careful not to step on him).

Tiamat looks to Nox with a bright smile and eyes sparkling with amazement when he speaks, voicing a question that sounds as astounded as she feels. “I don’t know…” she breathes excitedly, “this place has many wonders, doesn’t it?” The blue unicorn chuckles, reaching out to brush her muzzle against Nox’s when he reaches to her. Tiamat is not picky when it comes to personal space—she is very welcoming (perhaps naively so). Snapping her head up when Boots darts away, tinkling the shells in her mane as she does so, she looks eagerly to Nox. “I think Boots wants us to follow him—come on!” And with a soprano burst of laughter she leaps forward, bounding happily through the snow.

tag; @[Mortuus Nox]
“Speech.”
And at last I see the light.
image credits
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Messages In This Thread
sleigh bells ring - by Tiamat - 07-09-2015, 07:06 PM
RE: sleigh bells ring - by Mortuus Nox - 07-10-2015, 12:22 PM
RE: sleigh bells ring - by Tiamat - 07-11-2015, 02:37 AM
RE: sleigh bells ring - by Mortuus Nox - 07-11-2015, 07:40 PM
RE: sleigh bells ring - by Tiamat - 07-14-2015, 08:39 PM