the Rift

[OPEN] The Dreamwood

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds
All around them were images of what once was. They had met an intelligent boy named Caneo the last time they’d visited the Rotunda… and they’d remembered him, thought of him, and then forgotten him in time. What had he been like? Could they even say anymore? Everything was certainly… uncertain. Ultimately all that remained was the snow-covered forest and the dormant trees that refused to pass with the cold. They stood so tall that even their crowns grew hazy in the greyed distance. Winter had blanketed all of Helovia in white and with no signs of reprieve in the near future, the Sleuth and her wolf wandered again to the cathedral in search of color and light.

Essetia had failed to visit the Rotunda when at last the sun perched high in the clouds of a summer sky, and again she found herself disappointed that she’s missed the glorious lights of the mosaic she and Caneo had taken refuge beneath. He’d told her of their beauty and she had doubted them not so long ago… but with age came wisdom –so she’d heard- and she’d hoped it would bring about a sense of calm when retracing her steps toward the dreary cathedral.

When at last it lingered tall before her, the Sleuth sighed. Romul had wandered, as per usual, and somehow that was well enough for his Queen. She’d wanted to revel in the sight of such a monumental statue most likely built by the Gods themselves. The stones were smooth but sundered from erosion and the vaulted ceiling appeared misshapen beneath a heavy hillock of ice and snow. The forest itself was quiet or perhaps just muted by the effects of winter and when Essetia hummed –the lightest of tunes-, it didn’t seem to carry any farther than just past the curve of her lips.

She missed the summer and she missed the heat and she missed her father and her mother, but most of all she missed the Edge. Her wandering had led her to a great many places and none of them seemed to calm her spirits as much as the World’s Edge itself. With a defeated scowl, the Sleuth moved toward the crude entrance of the cathedral with her eyes cast upward toward the glass that made up the domed ceiling. It was cut in red and blue and green, and the faintest traces of its coloring drifted toward the dusty, stone floor. Essetia studied them for a time before fixing her empty gaze out toward the barren wood.

She watched, hopeful, for any signs of life… or maybe even the mysterious Caneo himself. Yet, somehow she knew that she and Romul would have to forge their own memories of the Cathedral... Chance encounters were just as rare as any golden dragon.
Credits!

@[Rohan]

◄ Please tag Essetia in all replies!
◄ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
◄ Pixel @ SongsOfInfinity

Rohan Posts: 132
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.0 :: 8 years HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Éomer :: White-tailed Eagle :: Scream Reli
He has nearly come full circle, it would seem.

Of course, a true “full circle” would be returning to Helovia’s Threshold once again, or perhaps even returning to World’s Edge, but the antlered stallion doesn’t bother himself to dwell on the technicalities—preferring to go the more poignant, more melodramatic route, if you will. Coming full circle—it just sounds fitting. Chasing circles, following your feet with hardly a thought for the future, taking life a day at a time…it is all fitting for Rohan, conforming himself to title of wanderer that he has forced himself to become.

He doesn’t know what he wants, which his heart both festers and delights in. If there is nothing to desire, then there is nothing to hold him back, nothing to distract him from the wild spontaneity of life. But at times the unknown becomes too vast, too mysterious, and he feels himself drowning in the blackness, without a purpose to anchor him. Lately, he feels himself wrapped up more often in the latter of the two, but not wanting to dwell on the responsibility he quickly brushes it off, abusing his restlessness and simply heading in no particular direction…merely forward. Moving.

It is quite by accident that the antlered stallion stumbles upon the ancient pavilion once again, its olden stone walls and decorated roof swathed in a heavier blanket of white than when he had first seen it at the beginning of the season. Truly, Frostfall has not been merciful in her grasp these last weeks. The unicorn draws to a slow halt before the building, proud head lifting and his green eyes peering intently through the unruliness of his forelock, his gaze drifting lazily along its timeworn architecture—no less extraordinary for its age. The structures in Etherim are more rugged than this, raw, imposing, and magnificent, but not nearly as intricate.

A frozen breeze drifts through the snow-laden forest, dancing with the snowflakes and eventually finding the Warlander as he stands there before the Rotunda, sending a shiver rippling down his spine when the cold twists beneath his hairy coat and bites icily at his skin. Rohan flicks his thick tail sharply against his muscled flanks, shaking out his mane before winter’s frost bids him to move. It is only then that he notices the figure standing behind the stone pillars—her natural color having kept her from his idle eye before now.

His brown lips pursing thoughtfully, Rohan circles around to the pavilion’s entrance, glancing into the wood around him before lifting his hooves to the stone platform and stepping inside. “Not a bad place to withstand the weather,” his broad voice rumbles from his thick chest, his neck arching as he inspects the mare from beneath his heavy brow, coming to stand roughly at her shoulder, “not bad company either.” A crooked smirk twists his lips and his eyes glisten with his usual impishness.

It is an assumption, of course—for all he knows, this damsel before him could be no damsel at all, but a witch (or worse). Still, he had never been one to balk at the game; only one way to find out.

notes; I wasn't sure where Romul was, so I didn't mention him x]
tag; @[Essetia]
“Speech.”

Lend me your hand and we’ll conquer them all,

but lend me your heart and I’ll just let you fall.

Lend me your eyes I can change what you see,

but your soul you must keep,

t o t a l l y f r e e.
image credits
[Image: 57c5195f31f1b_by_relibelli-db9li1z.png]
please tag Rohan in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds
Essetia was not so much blind as she was unconcerned by the unicorn’s arrival. Her eyes were still trained evenly on the beaten path that threaded its way through the trees until it stretched slowly out of view. Whatever she was waiting for was still a mystery she was certain she couldn’t solve and, therefore, would have to forget. However, her musings would have to wait and her patience was sure to be tested as a result. Despite the sleuth’s ability to see just past his shoulders, the large bloke kind enough to draw her from her reveling was a bit hard to ignore. Even a mare of Essetia’s size could find themselves mildly intimidated by a creature of his size. But, it wasn’t his height that made the mare think twice about smarting off, as badly as her sarcasm begged to be nurtured. In fact, her fascination for him was due chiefly to the stallion’s bear-like appearance and the fact that she was certain he was comfortable in his own skin. Though, no matter how likely she found it that the beast was often allowed his antics, she was not a creature who dealt with insensitivity.

Internally, the mare seethed at his crude compliment, but outwardly she smiled softly, embarrassed. Ducking, she moved toward the left to allow the stranger room enough to join her and continued to indulge in the quiet of the wood. Outside the pavilion, the wind howled sweetly and carried with it the frigid touch of winter’s kiss. Essetia, still ignorant of her company, rumbled softly as she watched for the tell-tale signs of her wolf against the pale background of the forest. She’d called for him and he’d answered with an irritated groan, but he’d answered nonetheless. Until he'd found his way back to her side, Essetia was left to bear down upon the silence that stretched thinly between she and the golden stallion with as much hair as any moose. It was most certainly an awkward affair that seemed to circle them eternally, but it gave the bay a bit of time to notice not only his musky, forest scent, but the green of his eyes as well. Both attributes sent her heart racing, nervous and somehow alive. He reminded her of someone... though she hated to admit it. His masculinity and his presence- they made her think of Ulrik.

At last, when a pair of golden eyes became more apparent through the trees, Essetia smiled deviously to herself. Again, her eyes were fixed upon the path, but this time with more purpose than before. The young wolf, a vision of silken white against the wood, came silently before his Queen with hackles raised. “I’d say he’s good company for the most part,” the sleuth finally replied. “He can be a bit mouthy though, if you know what I mean,” she finished smartly.

It wasn’t until Romul had arrived that the mare was completely at ease with the antlered gentleman. But it was not so much the wolf's presence as it was his opinion that soothed the desert girl in times of need. If he found the stallion to be malevolent, then it would give Essetia worry. Of course, as she’d predicted, her guest was nothing more than a young Don Juan and that meant he was most certainly a mountain she could climb if the need arose. “Forgive me, I’m Essetia and the wolf is Romul, my companion.

With her walls relaxed, the sleuth found it easy enough to engage the burly stranger. Antlers and a wild amount of hair aside, he was actually a handsome fellow beneath those unruly locks, and free-willed from the looks of it. That was something Essetia admired about him… he had no restraints. He just was and would be. He possessed the kind of freedom that Essetia could only dream of.
Credits!

@[Rohan]

◄ Please tag Essetia in all replies!
◄ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
◄ Pixel @ SongsOfInfinity

Rohan Posts: 132
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.0 :: 8 years HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Éomer :: White-tailed Eagle :: Scream Reli
The antlered stallion recognizes nothing beneath the mare’s soft, bashful smile. Like any young, testosterone-induced male, he takes only the surface of her actions—the clever coyness that tempers her white eyes, the modest tucking of her head—and snatches it all in his own self-righteousness.

Ignorantly and brazenly concluding that she is nothing short of smitten with him (because, surely, it could be nothing else), Rohan feels his brawny chest broaden with pride, the smirk on his lips lilting with satisfaction. He shifts his weight when she moves to seemingly accept his presence, both of them standing comfortably beneath the colorful glass of the pavilion’s roof.

However, his pride-ridden elation is short lived, dwindling like the thick pull of molasses between your fingers—slow, unwilling, and clinging onto its place in your hands. The bay mare does not respond at first, so he waits almost patiently, bright green eyes resting contentedly along the pretty curves of her face. Seconds pass and turn into minutes, and still the strange mare speaks nothing to him—at this point, it doesn’t take long for the awkwardness to settle in between them.

Rohan eventually allows his gaze to drift from his silent company, roaming idly along the ancient stone pillars, the hard flat floor, and even reaching beyond to where winter howls her strength mightily through the forest that trembles and grits itself against her cold fury. Of course, these are all petty musings. Meant to pass the time, focusing perhaps a little too hard on a particular detail of the Rotunda’s immaculate architecture—always hoping, waiting, and then begging that she will say something, give him anything.

To no surprise to himself, and perhaps a slight relief that he has not stumbled upon a muted beauty, the tension is cracked when she smiles. This one is bolder than before, conniving even, and he raises one side of his brow curiously. The stallion follows her gaze—outward, behind them, where from the blustery gales of Frostfall, a predator emerges. Rohan pins his ears instinctively, although his posture quickly relaxes when it becomes obvious that the wolf is hers—a companion, if he remembers correctly. They seem to be quite a thing around here…it is both strange and exciting to see the tales and legends of his homeland brought to life in this bizarre new world.

The bay mare’s witty warning brings a wry smirk from his lips, and he huffs throatily before speaking. “I hope for his better company, then. This is not an interaction that I’m particularly keen to be rid of,” Rohan’s green eyes rest evenly on the white wolf, not quite sure what to make of him yet, although his features soften into their usual mischief as his gaze slides back to the mare.

He gives her a smooth, practiced wink before dipping his head in a dramatic bow—his mother had always told him to be a gentleman, after all. “My name is Rohan,” he announces himself with a crooked smile, “I’ll admit you had me worrying there. No doubt a lady is incomplete without her guard.” His tail flicks around his flanks, his deep voice very much amused.

tag; @[Essetia]
“Speech.”

Lend me your hand and we’ll conquer them all,

but lend me your heart and I’ll just let you fall.

Lend me your eyes I can change what you see,

but your soul you must keep,

t o t a l l y f r e e.
image credits
[Image: 57c5195f31f1b_by_relibelli-db9li1z.png]
please tag Rohan in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.