the Rift

[OPEN] [WELCOME] In Our Short Bitter Lives

Demothi Posts: 14
Up For Adoption
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 5
Adoptable
Wherever graceful hope descends bumbling irritation rises to meet her. What a potent pair they are. Somewhere along the way to the Basin my mood went sour; overwhelmed by the weight of my hope for the future tainted by my bitter feelings towards the same. I have not the energy to be bothered with trying to overcome my irritability.   

"Great." My expression remains unchanged. Low lidded and straight faced I meet Ashamin's eyes whenever he looks back. Such warmth spills forth from his dark orbs. The boy truly loves this land. Had it been anyone else he dragged in his excitement would have probably been infectious. 

A hesitant whisper tickles my inner ear. 

Show your thanks. Show that you are grateful. 

Ah. My conscience. How nice of him to show. With a flick of my tail I send him bouncing away; I am not in the mood for that sort of nonsense. Even my rubbed out mane is tussled about by the Frostfall's gale; it rakes it fingers through Ashamin's mane and works towards toppling Lochan right over. 

I lower my head and walk closely behind young Lochan ready to catch his weight should his footing be stolen from him by the wailing wind that grasps at the blanket of snow below hoof. I am sour, perhaps bitter; not cold hearted.

"These caves," I have to speak forcefully in order to shove my words past the covetous winds, "do you live in them?" I narrow my eyes and look about for some other life within the herd. Ashamin looks to be normal enough but I am not signing up to live with reclusive cave dwellers straight out of a foal's nightmare. Suddenly I cannot help but grin, no matter what these cave dwelling souls may be I will be one of them. This land is the beginning of my legacy. A joyful, almost goofy, looking smile spreads my lips. 

Ah, these mood swings; they will be the death of me. A chuckle edged in dark humor slips unnoticed into the night and snowflakes huddle together on the warmth of my tongue.

Messages In This Thread
[WELCOME] In Our Short Bitter Lives - by Ashamin - 07-13-2015, 07:55 PM
RE: [WELCOME] In Our Short Bitter Lives - by Demothi - 08-09-2015, 08:01 PM