the Rift

[OPEN] [WELCOME] In Our Short Bitter Lives

Demothi Posts: 14
Up For Adoption
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 5
Adoptable
I turn briefly to make some sort of passing acknowledgment but I am stilled by the faint figure in the veil of snowfall. My breath fogs before me obscuring my upturned lips. Gone are my thoughts of slimy cave dwellers. Those musings seem frivolous now. She is a faint blush upon the ivory face of Frostfall. Her eyes cut into me like blades of ice yet warm me like the breath of midday Tallsun. Before I can utter some word to her Ashamin is dropping neck.

Blue eyes glint questionably at Ashamin's gracious reception towards the mare. She is elegant, but I have seen trees sway with elegance; yet none of sane mind grovel to a tree. Mere elegance does not warrant such a response. Who is she?

The Lady of the Basin. 

She is their lead. A smile filled with charm tilts itself onto my lips, "An honor." I am of few words but I drench those I do speak with meaning; if there is a worthwhile mind in that pretty little head of hers she will grasp the respect I put into my speech. If I am to make a mark on this land it is of utmost importance that I inspire trust between those with rankings and myself. 

Once in the cave I shake the clinging snow from my coat. Exhaustion pulls at my eyelids but ambition drives me ever onward. A snort from my loose lips leaves an echo to dance around the cave. 

"A place of my own.." A remember my time in a land I was told that I belonged to. I remember faces that told me who they were and that assured me of how I loved them. The pity in their eyes is a sight I am cursed to see with every closing of my lids; with each blinking of my eyes.

My gaze travels to Ashamin. He seems to be an upstanding lad. I do not have worry that he will tell my secret, but I do wonder if any will be able to read it from his  actions. Will he treat me different and blunder my chances here? Thus far he has treated me as an equal. Nonetheless I have no time for worries. Worry is for those with all too much time on their hands. It belongs to those ignorant to the brevity of life's breath. 

I address them both but look at neither in particular, "What are the problems this land faces?" I give no preamble to my question and no elaboration. They can make of it what they will and in turn I will put all of my efforts into fixing whatever they might bring forward. 

I will better matters or I will make them all the worse. I will leave this world as the bringer of salvation or the scoundrel of damnation. All hope to be heroes, as do I; but it isn't always a hero that is remembered. I will not be forgotten. I will make sure of that at whatever the cost. 

I wince at Ashamin's amiable nature. Wholeheartedly he welcomes me to his home completely naive to my thoughts. He would dance with the devil while grinning. Guilt softens my features and my resolve. 

"You have my thanks Ashamin. I hope to do your name well as he who brought me." I look pointedly at Hotaru, The Lady of the Basin, "Consider yourself blessed with your Haruspex."

@Ashamin @Hotaru

Messages In This Thread
[WELCOME] In Our Short Bitter Lives - by Ashamin - 07-13-2015, 07:55 PM
RE: [WELCOME] In Our Short Bitter Lives - by Demothi - 08-10-2015, 02:28 PM