the Rift

[OPEN] [WELCOME] In Our Short Bitter Lives

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit
As strong as the seas are stormy.</style>

[[OH GOD I'M SO SORRY I DON'T KNOW HOW I FORGOT THIS]]

They are an odd trio, standing together in a fire-warmed cavern with a storm howling behind them. She does not mind it, or at least convinces herself of such lest she begin to feel trapped and claustrophobic. They seem kindly souls enough, Demothi passing her little mental tests with every terse word that climbs out from his mouth to present itself to her. He does not grovel nor does he attempt to persuade or flash his abilities to her in hopes of impressing her or granting him access faster. She respects that, if nothing else. Hotaru was the master manipulator, and she did not like to have others attempt to pull one over on her. Though, Ashamin seemed a fine judge of character, and so she'd trust him if only on that principle. 

Luckily he was also very invested in their herd, leaving little for Hotaru to say when it came to labeling tasks and potential routes for Demothi to take. Whatever he decided did not matter much to Hotaru, though she'd always have an over fondness for the sneaks beneath her, having once been their head. Ah, nostalgia. She glanced at Alice, who snuffed at her fondly before turning to edging closer to the flame. Idly, Hotaru stuck out a hoof and scooted her right back away from it. Hellhound or no, she wasn't going to deal with that complaining. Alice merely grumbled and went along with it, Hotaru never even glancing back down as she returned her hoof to its proper place. 

"Lena and Enna are our lead healers, you would be joining their ranks and seeking their knowledge. Lena has been healer for the Basin nearly since its creation," she stated, pride in her eyes. She certainly had a good group here, at least. Ah, but that was a matter of opinion, which was clear when Demothi questioned its potential continued existence. "I never said it was evil," she stated primly, brow arched. "Many simply believed us to be so because we are historically indomitable as nobody has dared to try and invade us, and in the past we were far stricter about the unicorn-only rule. We've participated in invasions before, but the other herds were never vilified in turn for their participation. Odd, is it not?" There is a bitter twist to her smile as she says it. 

"Nonetheless, we've nearly entirely overcome their perceptions. Time moves on, as He rules our lands, and minds change. Hopefully you will help us in that endeavor." Throw him a little encouragement, reel him in, attempt to suit and outfit him to her cause of bettering the Basin name. She was not above a little...persuasion. 

Image Credits

@Demothi
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
[WELCOME] In Our Short Bitter Lives - by Ashamin - 07-13-2015, 07:55 PM
RE: [WELCOME] In Our Short Bitter Lives - by Hotaru - 09-03-2015, 11:55 PM