the Rift

Lazy Days [Tolio]

Totem Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Totem
Time waits for no one, so do you wanna waste some time?

Fire hued eyes scanned the frozen wasteland, finding little to catch his interest. Snow and ice, obviously, and the occasional arctic rabbit. Glaciers were scattered here and there, openings leading to slightly warmer caves, protection from the gusting winds that could cut through the thickest of pelts. The silver bay reclined in one such entrance, far enough back that he was not immediately visible. Soft white flakes floated by, deceptively gentle, and settled into the thick blanket that covered the ground. Some found their way into Totem’s shelter, gracing the stallion with the faintest of kisses before the heat of his body melted them to naught but water. Optics surveyed the territory before him again, but there was still no sign of life. A sigh left the unicorn’s maw, breath flowing out in a cloud of colorless vapor like that of a dragon. The thought amused him, and another long stream was emitted. His attention soon wavered though, and the bay resumed his previous inactivity.

Slacking off had always been a favorite pastime for the stallion, and even though his laziness had gotten him run out of his old home, here he was lazing about. Anyway, there was nothing he needed to do in this new land. No job had been assigned to him, no one had informed him of any duties he would be expected to perform. He was currently free to do as he wished, and Totem wished to do nothing. Although, company would not be shunned, should any feel inclined to approach. Well, as long as they didn’t expect him to do anything, he amended.

OOC:
Walking the walk
Talking the talk
Thinking my thoughts

Tolio Posts: 110
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3hh :: 6 Years 8 Months Buff: NOVICE
Brit

With every step where hoof met freezing powder, a shiver crawled up through the cinnamon bodice of the stallion traveling so obviously throughout the bleached landscape. Annoyed mercury eyes glared at the tiny flakes that accumulated insanely fast, where the influence of Frostfall only kept the air quite obviously cooler than normal cycles of this season. Tolio had little experience with snow, and found himself pondering what use it had. After so long out in the freezing atmosphere, the unicorn was desperate to find shelter from this annoying weather. Allstate all members of Mauja's hardened band knew of the caves and caverns that we're found among the icy cliffs, and these were what the stud now searched for.

At last one such openings were found hidden in the glaciers that surrounded him, and white stocking clad legs kicked out behind him in coltish glee, spreading flurries of snow everywhere in a great explosion. Pace quickening from his slow plodding to a prancing trot, making it easier to move over the snow instead of shoving through. Crystal clouds escaped his nostrils to hover around his visage with every breath, the muted sounds of movement becoming louder as he escaped the snow. Sighing in relief and glancing about, only then noticing the other that occupied the cave. Despite the snow having wet down his body, it was obvious that he too was part of Mauja's band. Dipping his head in greeting, a boyish smile covering his face, much unlike his age. "Greetings. Mind if I bother you for the opportunity to stay in this shelter with you? I'm afraid my horn will fall off in this weather." Tone light but quiet, knowing that not all unicorns were as welcoming as he. Hips sloping gently as he rested a hind leg, posture open and relaxed.

Unregistered

Totem

After some time, though Totem was unaware how much as he hadn’t bothered to keep track, a bright form came into view. Eyes fastened on the reddish creature, identifying it as a unicorn as it drew near. Frigid gusts swept the stranger’s smell ahead of him, along with the scents of other horned ones. The herd scent was similar to the one that clung to Lena’s frame, the unintentional mark of belonging to Mauja’s outcast group. It wasn’t as strong though, holding the scent of only a few others rather than an entire band. Another new arrival then, much like he himself was.

Totem rose to his hooves as the chestnut steed switched to a trot, obviously intending to rest in the same glacier that currently housed him. Seeing no need to announce his presence, he simply stood still, leaning slightly against the icy wall in a relaxed manner. A moment later the prancing stag entered the cave, sighing and looking around. Finally he was spotted, and the stranger spoke. His tone was friendly enough, and the silver bay saw no reason to go through the effort of chasing the polite buck away. Anyway, hadn’t he thought earlier that he would not be adverse to some companionship? “’Ai, thar are welcome here.” Not a talkative one, Totem, rather choosing to use fewer words to get a point across. A quick toss of his head removed an annoying section of pale forelock from the stag’s face as he regarded his unexpected visitor.

OOC:
Walking the walk
Talking the talk
Thinking my thoughts

Deceased
Brit

The silver bay stud was leant against the wall almost lazily awaiting Tolio's arrival. Seeing no malevolence in his relaxed posture, the red stallion advanced a little, flicking his tail to try and whip away the melted snow. Respectfully doing it on the other side from the stranger, conscious of his presence and knowin he most likely wouldn't appreciate it. Doing the same to his mane, shaking like a dog and smiling genially at the stallion. Childishly awed by his way of speaking. "Thank you. I'm Tolio, I'm pretty new here. May I inquire your name?" Cranium tilting curiously as mercury optics observed the figure before him. Tolio wasn't always the most mature and seemed more like an overgrown colt when off the battlefield, but he always meant well and was surprisingly selfless. Not bothering to hide his curiosity in accordance to the handsomely colored male. No point when they were both being friendly.

The snow was blowing through the entrance, snipping and biting at his hindquarters and flanks. Shuffling his hind legs and stepping closer, in an almost diagonal pattern so he could still face his brother member. It was nice to finally meet someone else from Mauja's band. Tolio only really knew Mauja and Faelene, and had been desperately wishing for company. Perhaps his wish had come true this evening, and he would leave with one more friend.

OOC; sorry it's short~

Unregistered

Totem

Tolio was both polite and respectful, a far cry from the crude behavior of his former comrades, and the bay found that he rather liked this buck. Not to mention that with the way he was settling in it was doubtful he was here to drag the flit back to the herd and let him be saddled with responsibilities. It was an unlikely scenario, but it had crossed the former guard’s mind regardless. “M’name’s Totem. What brings thar out in this cold lad? Most’d be holed up someplace, not out wanderin’ hither and yon.” He had never understood those who travelled without purpose. Why would someone want to traipse about for hours on end just because they could?

Fire eyes regarded the chestnut, distracting himself while he waited for the other stallion to reply. He seemed the type that was overly active, and he held himself with the carefree gaiety of a colt. Quite the opposite of the flaxen steed, but he saw no reason that they could not get along. After all, they would both need allies, being the newbies in the band and all. “How’d thar get wrangled in ta comin’ a freezin’ place like yon?” His social skills were lacking, but at least Totem was trying to be friendly and engage in a conversation.

OOC:
Walking the walk
Talking the talk
Thinking my thoughts

Deceased
Brit

The silver buck, whom Tolio soon discovered was named Totem, seemed a rather easy going spirit. All the while he had been here, Totem had hardly moved, though he looked content with his current state of inactivity. Tolio almost envied him this small pleasure. With an over abundance of energy, the cinnamon stallion couldn't relax as often as he wanted to or should. Needing to do something, always be active and working towards some small goal. "Ah. Pleasure, Totem. To answer your question, I was getting some fresh air and wanted to see the caves. Storm caught me a little too fast, I misjudged how long the trip would be." Smiling sheepishly and cocking a hind leg, knowing that sometimes he was easily distracted and would wander off without even noticing the darkening of the sky. Or in this case the approaching storm he had tried and failed to remind himself of.

Their differences were apparent but Tolio turned a blind eye to that. He'd never been racist or judgmental, and with a childlike openness towards every kind soul he often found himself with too many friends. Many outside of his herd. Totem seemed a rather nice fellow, slow and content in a drifting sort of way. Tolio found him instantly interesting. "I decided to leave my bachelor band to start making an actual use of myself. Wanted to carry on the ways of my parents. Seems nearly all horned equines stay here, and I wanted to support them. Get them back to a home, be a part of them." Gaze flicking over Totem curiously, unable to keep the question he do badly wanted to ask inside of him. "What brought you here?

Unregistered

Totem

Fresh air? Wasn’t all air outside fresh? Must be a Helovian expression, or one from wherever it was that Tolio had come from. He chose not to dwell on it. Who was he to question the way the lad spoke, when he himself spoke with a thick accent? He thought he understood the meaning well enough, so there was no need to ask about the peculiar statement. At least the stag been smart enough to come in out of the forming blizzard.

The chestnut outlined his reasons for coming to the Steppe, and asked the same question he had just answered. No harm in telling him. “I was no longer welcome ‘mong my unit. Used ta be a border guard, but ‘parently if thar doesn’t traipse ‘bout while on patrol ‘en thar is ‘unfit for duty.’ They tried ta kill me, so I left. Got found by a gal named Lena, an she brought me wit’ ‘er to this band ta see if I could find a home wit’ ‘em.” Tone held no bitterness or anger when he spoke of his situation with those he had worked with, just a calm acceptance. No reason to get upset over the past, and he was hardly the first to be chased off. It was a harsh, militaristic land he’d come from, and those deemed unworthy were quickly dealt with. “Lucky ‘is place is a sight more relaxed ‘an Arcanthano.”

OOC:Shoot me a pm if you need help deciphering his accent, I know it can be kinda confusing.
Walking the walk
Talking the talk
Thinking my thoughts

Deceased
Brit

Totem looked confused by his expression, but the puzzlement soon vanished as if it had never resided on his face. Clearly either finding an answer to whatever question had been posed in his mind or not bothering to dwell on said matter for too long. His accent alone wasn't Helovian, and Tolio felt apologetic for not explaining himself better. Tolio was good with words, but he preferred actions. Having a way with language shouldn't be something you rely on completely. But Totem did not seem bothered and so the cinnamon stallion pushed it away from his thoughts.

The stallion's past was as different as black and white to Tolio's, but he clearly wasn't too bothered by it and seemed to have come to terms with anything that had happened in his homeland. At times Tolio had to carefully listen to understand his accent, but he didn't mind. His attention was easily captured and to him it was fascinating. "Helovia is certainly welcoming, but we all have our demons that lurk in the shadows. I'm glad you enjoy it better here than there! I certainly enjoy your company. Bet they're cursing themselves for losing you now that we have you." Grinning as he spoke, auds twitching slightly. Tolio wasn't very much like a typical stallion, more like a colt with a mare's fancy for interesting things. Soldier or not, that was his personality. Luckily in battle that didn't matter. Everyone was transformed in those dark times. Totem had mentioned being a guard, and perhaps Tolio didn't appear very strong, but it didn't matter. Totem seemed kind enough anyways.