the Rift

[PRIVATE] Like lovers do [DREAM]
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

[OMFG IT MAKES A HEART THAT WASN'T EVEN INTENTIONAL.]

Gaucho's tongue felt heavier and larger than usual. Although his words and phrasing had always been archaic and even primitive, never before had the latentness of his vocabulary weighed so heavily on his mind. How would he ever be able to express the thoughts such as those whirling about in his skull, if his lips would not cooperate? Oh! And his lips! Perhaps they would have the chance to do so much more than merely profess the glimmers of his heart.

He had bayed Johnny come here, to this plateau, but now as he stood silent and alone, wondered if the steed would show. Surely there were others who drew his interests, attentions, and affections ... surely ... and yet ... yet, same small glimmer, hidden deep within the Wildfire's breast dared to hope that he would be graced by his presence. Gaucho's stoic and stormy gaze surveyed the horizon, hoping the see the candy-coated visage appear somewhere in the sun drenched afternoon.

Mara was no where to be seen, for Gaucho was sure that his peppermint splendor would be adverse to snakes. But Vorsa fluttered above, just as anxious as her bonded. In her talons she held a bouquet of flowers which seemed to glimmer and shine with a passion and light reflected only by that in Gaucho's own gaze. Starshine and dewdrops dripped heavenly from the bouquet she held, and silently Gaucho sent a prayer to the Sun God that Johnny might well find it within himself to accept Gaucho's invitation. Where Gaucho was hard and rough, Johnny glistened with mouth-watering grace. Where Gaucho was strong and and oafish, Johhny was graceful and pristine.

Suddenly standing in the field, bathed in golden sunshine, Gaucho felt very foolish.

[@[Johnny]]

Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah
Johnny
Yeah so like, I got this invitation right? And I could just tell it was a big deal. You should have SEEN Gaucho when he came up to me, it was pretty adorable. He looked so nervous, like there was something I wasn’t quite in on and I was pretty confused. What did he want to see me on the plateau for? Things had been… heating up which usually wasn’t my forte but it was kinda nice in this situation. There weren’t any real flames after all (yeah okay so it took me a long time to figure out I wouldn’t get scorched by getting close to him… at least not literally).

I really didn’t think anything of the invitation (I was hoping for a picnic) until I crested the hill and caught sight of him.

There was this great big, water-balloon bursting moment where I was just smacked with an ‘Oh’.

Not that there weren’t some great, and I mean really great, things about Gaucho. Did you know that there’s a good 3.2 hands difference in our height? Oh yeah. I could snuggle in right close that hulk of a man and yeah I would enjoy it. But like, I need to get a hold of myself. I need to keep my head clear which is super hard because who doesn’t want to be greeted like this? It’s better than the house of candles, it’s better than…. some other great romantic TV moment that I can’t really think of right now because I just noticed that Vorsa had flowers in her talons.

This was all moving way too fast.

I get close but not like… too close. There’s at least one Gaucho of space between us and I know that’s the distance because I’m very aware of how big he is right now. Like he just sort of commands everything around him to…

No, Johnny, you have to be strong. You have to be logical about all of this.

I don’t know if you can tell but I’m feeling apprehensive. Like super apprehensive and we can't even get into all of those reasons right now because I'm standing there in front of him and I have to say something. Right? Like I'd love for it to be an option for me to just stand here and not deal with what is coming. What I'm pretty sure is coming anyway. It's hard to act impartial when my writer knows but you know, my pony brain is not aware.

I don’t know what I want this to be and suddenly I’m afraid. My peppermint tail flicks lazily against those pink-sugar legs of mine and I try not to notice the muscles, or the flowers, or the look on his beautiful face as I ask cautiously. “Gaucho… what… what is all this?”
I'm your sweet sugar Candyman
Image Credit
Table by Sevin!

AND THE SHIP SETS SAIL
@[Gaucho]
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

He comes, and everything unravels.

Gaucho stood - the pillar of strength that he had always represented - but drenched in sunlight and optimism, he was anything but. Johnny crested the knoll, and Gaucho's heart simultaneously was overcome with relief and joy and crushed by the weight of reality.

He is here as a courtesy.. Mara whispered into his mind, wanting to prevent her bonded from unnecessary heartache even as Vorsa fluttered forward with the bouquet. The pale light which bounced off of Johnny's candy-coated hide made Gaucho's mouth water and his mind wander, but it was the words spoken by the pepperminty stud which snapped his thoughts into stark focus.

What is all this?

As if it wasn't evident. Gaucho's steely gaze ate up the tentative distance that was between the two and knew exactly what it meant. The Sultan was no stranger to these sorts of meetings - he had been on the giving and receiving end countless times before. Many a mare had fallen victim to his enticements, his bulk, and his plentiful offerings. Rarely had he been refused - and even then, his refusals were more aptly considered delays.

But this? This was entirely uncharted waters.

Flexing his wings, trying to exude a manly and formidable posture, Gaucho gestured to the phoenix who was trying to deposit the flowers into Johnny's care without setting them ablaze. Gaucho's broad blue-stripped shoulders were swollen with muscle and desire as he regarded the white and crimson steed.

"For you." He replied simply, choosing words which were easy to articulate so as not to give away the shake in his voice or his barbaric pronunciation. "Johnny not like them?" He inquired, trying to shift the focus of the conversation to something that Gaucho could control, rather than his obvious and unreciprocated desires.

[@[Johnny] I AM THE WORST FOR TAKING SO LONG. ]

Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah
Johnny
I accept the flowers from the phoenix, because I didn’t really know what else to do. I gingerly take them and hold them stupidly in my mouth for a minute because I was still trying to catch my mind up with everything and where else was I going to put them? After a moment, because I needed my mouth for… other things, I - very carefully - put them on the ground. I don’t want to ruin them, he’s clearly put a lot of effort into all of this, and you're going to get really sick of me saying 'I don't know' because I also don't know how I am supposed to react or feel about any of this. I shift awkwardly, and step gingerly over the flowers so that I won’t accidentally step on them - it was a beautiful arrangement and everything was so lovely.

Sweethearts can break, you know. Even the ones stamped with “I wuv u”. They snap right in half and apparently, the pressure that it took was the look in Gaucho’s eyes when he asked if I liked them.

Oh Gaucho, of course I did. And that was the problem.

“I thought we talked about this.” My voice was quiet, I don’t want to talk more because I’m afraid that it going to start shaking. It was stupid of me to move closer toward him because his musk hit me like a brick, that thick aroma that they could package and sell like hotcakes in a Bath and Body Works. I’m afraid that if I talk anymore, I’ll give in. But giving in, accepting that Gaucho cares for me, is the scariest thing I have ever done. I had tried to push him away because I thought it would be easier that way, easier for the both of us. If I avoided him, the feelings would fade away and we would never have to deal with them. 

But you try avoiding the stallion that stood before me now - he commanded attention, from everyone, and for some reason his attention was on me. I wasn’t willing to get hurt again, not after the last, and every piece of bulging stallion that composed the prize that stood before me screamed of hurt. Some of it good, don’t get me wrong, but remember the sweetheart talk? This candy heart of mine can only take so much.

I’m looking at him now and I’m trying not to cry. The strong words that I had been rehearsing have evaporated and I can’t remember how to even form a coherent sentence. “I don’t deser- I-I can’t. why?? The fear has its grip on my heart and I turn away from him then, shaking my head stubbornly.

I'm your sweet sugar Candyman
Image Credit
Table by Sevin!

@Gaucho
[Image: Johnny%20by%20Aud_zpsi3ssx2s1.gif]
magic and physical force permitted at all times
vigorous licking strongly encouraged
please tag in all posts