the Rift

[PRIVATE] Shutup -- redux [DREAM]

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd
Isopia
sed quis custodiet  ipsos custodes?

Bird-

She knows the word - the name - and the name means her. Vaguely she recalls whales and excitement and physical weakness that is unspoken. She forgets why the name brings up these connections, but she laughs out loud for she does recall the struggle. Names are hard- she remembers herself saying, long ago. But how long ago? she wonders as she looks down to see her youthful body stretched out lavishly before her. IN some embryonic haze perhaps? Yes...that must be it. When else could picking a name seem so hard?

bird

His voice resonates in her ears and again she smiles. She does have a name. And it wasn't given to her by whales and it isn't hidden. It is bird, and bird means her.

-slow down

And she does. There is no hesitation, no instant frustration or inherent willingness to disobey. His voice does not carry the invisible tethers that bind her in the real world ( real world? And what is--)

Bird, slow down! Turn, look, I'm like you now!

"You're beautiful!" She hears herself say, and the joy in her voice is surprising but welcome. She sees Zsoka as he wants to be seen and knows nothing of Manhattan or Knox. Instead, she feels the radiated sense of ability, and something like limitless potential.

He knows her name ... knows she is bird but does she know his? Some fleeting encounter passes across her mind like a small cloud across the sun. But by the time she looks for the cause of the shade, it has already dispersed and she is cast in the warm rays of the dream.

"You are not like me-" She corrects, looking at his body which is roughly the same size as her own. Although the earth still rises and falls around her, mimicking her heartbeat with the creation and extinction of fantastical shapes around her, she appears wholly mortal.

"-Your bridal. It's amazing." She almost whispers, as if this sort of flattery is best spoken slowly and with dramatic flare. Her golden gaze is genuine as she looks at the small winged life before her.

[@[Knox] HOLY SHIT WINDOWS 10 IS THE DEVIL. I apologize for the weird spacing and the typos. It's the worst and I'm about to smash my laptop :| ]

Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
Shutup -- redux [DREAM] - by Isopia - 07-16-2015, 11:35 AM
RE: Shutup -- redux [DREAM] - by Knox - 07-17-2015, 04:04 PM
RE: Shutup -- redux [DREAM] - by Isopia - 08-11-2015, 03:34 PM
RE: Shutup -- redux [DREAM] - by Knox - 08-16-2015, 09:26 AM
RE: Shutup -- redux [DREAM] - by Isopia - 08-22-2015, 06:19 PM